Match thread - CWC 2019 | England vs Afghanistan | - Match 24 , Manchester , June 18 2019

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

I am not asking to remove Afghanistan, they need to add more teams and split them into groups .Teams like Afghanistan need to have chance to compete with teams like Ireland on big stage and feel good about themselves.

They are getting humiliated by every team here so far and it will cause more harm than good to a team like Afghanistan which has been a feel good story so far in their history.

There is no mystery in this world cup, no upsets, no close matches , no nail biting finishes.

Several group methods have been tried but those bring more useless matches  with empty stadiums

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Several group methods have been tried but those bring more useless matches  with empty stadiums

No 2011 was grand success, empty stadiums will be there for many neutral matches and that is part of hosting world cup.TV audience will be there if good matches are happening, name one good match which was close this world cup.What is point in holding world cup for ten teams and dragging it for two months of boring one sided matches. 

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No 2011 was grand success, empty stadiums will be there for many neutral matches and that is part of hosting world cup.TV audience will be there if good matches are happening, name one good match which was close this world cup.What is point in holding world cup for ten teams and dragging it for two months of boring one sided matches. 

2011 format was joke. When India lost to SA  , Dhoni said that I don't want my players to get injured by placing in closing positions. This was the importance of Group stage matches. 

When QF started most experts were joking on TV that real world cup has started now.

BTW England Pak was very good match .NZ BD was also not bad . Also format has nothing to do with matches being close or one sided.

This bowling "attack" will not win any world cups. Even, I'm sorry to say as I love the guy as a person and a county bowler, Adil is nowhere near a top level spin bowler. That wicket of Kohli at The Real Home Of Cricket looks destined to be his international career highlight.

When everyone else has been knocking them over for- 200, not bowling them out and giving them their highest WC score is poor imo

Edited by YCCC
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

its not an upset at home but is still an upset outside of BD or subcontinent.

A win over WI even by AFG anywhere in the world is not an upset anymore. Couple of days Prior to this WC, they got their arse handed to them 3 times in alien condition

11 hours ago, Suhaan said:

17 sixes 

I think that's an all time record

#yes beat our rohit 16 sixes at Banglore.( vs Quality australian during his  209)

#Also 16 sixes vs WI by ABDV >> 31 ball 149

# Gayle 16 sixes vs Zimbabwe

# Watson 15 sixes vs ?

i will remember Rohits innings for long time than ABD or Morgan as both came on much more smaller Ground and vs Medicore bowling