Proof that scoring 200s and 180+ in odi is no easy task

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He batted around 100 SR to reach his 100, so, he did not waste balls and no, there are not many others who can get more than 100 of 100 balls on a consistent basis and even if they do they wont score 264.  He by scoring 100 first made sure that we are safe as we had lost some wickets.  start was not great, we were 59/2 in 13 overs and if he had gotten quickly too, we would have been in a problem.  He batted along side Kohli and both batted with same approach.  Once they were in a good position, they started scoring quickly.  Kohli and Rohit had a partnership of 202, which Kohli scored just 66, Rohit almost double.  Rohit and Uthappa had a partnership of 128 of which Uthappa just scored 16. So, you could understand the dominance.

Rohit was actually dropped on 4 and received other chances as well so it conforms to the point that a batsman cannot ensure when he can get out. Additionally, if he is able to play quickly "all of a sudden" later on, it also shows that the batsman could have been more positive early on. And if a player is batting well on the day (and therefore also expected to get the big hits in), the other batsman will give him more strike as well as can be seen in the partnerships including with Kohli, who was run out  

PS I was making a larger point though in my last post and even in the post you first originally replied to. The 264 in a random game vs. SL, which you brought into the discussion, means zilch to me 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

Rohit was actually dropped on 4 and received other chances as well so it conforms to the point that a batsman cannot ensure when he can get out. Additionally, if he is able to play quickly "all of a sudden" later on, it also shows that the batsman could have been more positive early on. And if a player is batting well on the day (and therefore also expected to get the big hits in), the other batsman will give him more strike as well as can be seen in the partnerships including with Kohli, who was run out  

PS I was making a larger point though in my last post and even in the post you first originally replied to. The 264 in a random game vs. SL, which you brought into the discussion, means zilch to me 

another drop was on 201.  Morgan scored 71 ball ball 148 got a drop at 28.  yes, no batsman knows when he can get out but batsman must know how he can maximize his chances to score runs and help the team and everyone has different ways to do that .