Imagine the Pressure on Rohit and Virat

In a way, this is a situation created by the top order. On good batting surfaces, they bat long to deny MO relevant match practice. On good bowling wkts, they crumble to expose the MO .... Also, we have not even tried to give a decent run to right players either in the MO or in the top order in the build-up to the world cup 

Edited by zen
33 minutes ago, zen said:

In a way, this is a situation created by the top order. On good batting surfaces, they bat long to deny MO relevant match practice. On good bowling wkts, they crumble to expose the MO .... Also, we have not even tried to give a decent run to right players either in the MO or in the top order in the build-up to the world cup 

This is a new one :hysterical: so you mean to see they need to get out early on purpose in some matches or flip the batting order time to time.

Edited by maniac
8 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Rohit has done great in worldcup and i feel Kohli will step up when it matters the most. Rohit too should look to start positive instead of feeling pressure and who knows he might score another ton. 

Actually he has been the aggressor . I think he has taken over Shikhar’s role and Rahul in the Rohit role. Except the England game where both him and Kohli were struggling for the most part that’s been the plan

On 7/5/2019 at 1:48 AM, Master_better said:

Our middle order is very underated. I think Hardik, Pant, Dhoni, Rahul / Mayank can easily take us to par score in case Kohli and Rohit get out early. Even Bhuvi can bat sensibly when required. 

Please add sarcasm alert 

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is a new one :hysterical: so you mean to see they need to get out early on purpose in some matches or flip the batting order time to time.

“Rotate”. For e.g., there is no point if Rohit Sharma scores 5 100s in round robin games where Ind is good enough to make it to the next stage anyways even if it opened with someone else, and then fail when it really counts. Needs to deliver in key games or what is the use of those 100s if Ind gets knocked out! As a Rohit fan, I am sure you would agree that he needs to put his “form” to good use in knockouts   :winky:

Edited by zen
7 minutes ago, zen said:

“Rotate”. For e.g., there is no point if Rohit Sharma scores 5 100s in round robin games where Ind is good enough to make it to the next stage anyways even if it opened with someone else, and then fail when it really counts. Needs to deliver in key games or what is the use of those 100s if Ind gets knocked out! As a Rohit fan, I am sure you would agree that he needs to put his “form” to good use in knockouts   :winky:

I believe in not breaking a great rhythm. Period.

India only confirmed a semis spot in the last game vs Bangladesh where Rohit was the man of the match.

The game vs Srilanka was equally crucial to see who got the relatively weaker opponent in semis where Rohit yet again performed. Sure Finals and semi finals sound glamorous and all but the road to get there is equally if not more  important.

Many times you see a batsman score a magnificent 100 but after a drinks break he loses concentration.

I personally don’t believe in resting someone just for the sake of it unless they are injured or they specifically ask for rest as they feel a burnout.

Edited by maniac
6 minutes ago, zen said:

Lol didn't you say rohit has been poor in last worldcup's league matches vs top teams and his ton in quarter final doesn't matter as it came against minnows. Now when he scored runs against so many opposition that it will be hard for you filter which and which not so you will say that these runs don't matter too? Also we saw what happened when he failed in couple of matches and what middle order can do.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

I believe in not breaking a great rhythm. Period.

India only confirmed a semis spot in the last game vs Bangladesh where Rohit was the man of the match.

The game vs Srilanka was equally crucial to see who got the relatively weaker opponent in semis where Rohit yet again performed. Sure Finals and semi finals sound glamorous and all but the road to get there is equally if not more  important.

Many times you see a batsman score a magnificent 100 but after a drinks break he loses concentration.

I personally don’t believe in resting someone just for the sake of it unless they are injured or they specifically ask for rest as they feel a burnout.

Now it is up to guys in form, esp. those who made use of the opportunities, to pull us through. Can’t be like we batted for 30-35 overs in every game by taking our time, picking balls to hit, etc., and now in knockouts, we may not do well. Imagine Bumrah and other bowlers doing the same. Aus would depend upon Starc to continue to do well for e.g. 

Note that vs SL, Ind is good enough to win it even if Rohit had gone out for a duck. Ind’s position was determined by Aus’s loss to SA 

The point is for the guys in form to pick up in crucial stages 

5 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

The greatest pressure will on Dhoni. If India lost because of him he will be remembered  as the loser and not because of his past achievements.

Yuvraj cost us the WT20 2014 final but when he retired no one brought that up and only remembered  the good times ( exactly like the way it should be). I am sure even if Dhoni screws this up, things will be back to normal after a few days of gaalis.  I think the bigger the player you are you are forgiven faster. Chetan Sharma has a wc hat trick and brilliant performance in 86 England series  but only remembered for the last ball 6.

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Now it is up to guys in form, esp. those who made use of the opportunities, to pull us through. Can’t be like we batted for 30-35 overs in every game by taking our time, picking balls to hit, etc., and now in knockouts, we may not do well. Imagine Bumrah and other bowlers doing the same. Aus would depend upon Starc to continue to do well for e.g. 

Note that vs SL, Ind is good enough to win it even if Rohit had gone out for a duck. Ind’s position was determined by Aus’s loss to SA 

The point is for the guys in form to pick up in crucial stages 

Wc games are not practice matches. This should be done in pointless bilaterals or practice game. Not in wc matches. If the excuse is middle order batsman are failing because they don’t have practice than sorry that means they are not good enough. Yuvraj,Raina and the previous version of Dhoni didn’t have a problem when we had Sachin,Saurav,Sehwag and Gambhir who were also prolific players 

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Wc games are not practice matches. This should be done in pointless bilaterals or practice game. Not in wc matches. If the excuse is middle order batsman are failing because they don’t have practice than sorry that means they are not good enough. Yuvraj,Raina and the previous version of Dhoni didn’t have a problem when we had Sachin,Saurav,Sehwag and Gambhir who were also prolific players 

Rohit has always opened/played in top order irrespective of bilateral or practice games. When are others going to get an opportunity to play in match like situations on good batting tracks. And when Rohit himself has a poor record in MO, that shows the need to nurture relatively new MO batsmen

Edited by zen
Just now, zen said:

Rohit always opened irrespective of bilateral or practice games. When are others going to get an opportunity to play. And when Rohit himself has a poor record in MO, that shows the need to nurture relatively new MO batsmen

Our problem is not openers. We have 2 of the most prolific odi openers of all time in Rohit and Dhawan. Backups like Rahul and Mayank are also full time openers. Our problem is Middle Order. A hole left by guys like Raina,Yuvraj and over the hill Dhoni and all these guys were good enough to hit from ball 1 and capitalize on great starts. They never complained on the lack of practice. Even then they had prolific openers like Sachin-Sehwag or Sachin-Saurav or Sehwag-Gambhir 

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yuvraj cost us the WT20 2014 final but when he retired no one brought that up and only remembered  the good times ( exactly like the way it should be). I am sure even if Dhoni screws this up, things will be back to normal after a few days of gaalis.  I think the bigger the player you are you are forgiven faster. Chetan Sharma has a wc hat trick and brilliant performance in 86 England series  but only remembered for the last ball 6.

Yuvi retire 5 years after that WC. Also T 20 WC is still a small event compared to odi WC. Dhoni at best will play 1-2 years . And he is already facing lots of criticism.

Just now, maniac said:

Our problem is not openers. We have 2 of the most prolific odi openers of all time in Rohit and Dhawan. Backups like Rahul and Mayank are also full time openers. Our problem is Middle Order. A hole left by guys like Raina,Yuvraj and over the hill Dhoni and all these guys were good enough to hit from ball 1 and capitalize on great starts. They never complained on the lack of practice. Even then they had prolific openers like Sachin-Sehwag or Sachin-Saurav or Sehwag-Gambhir 

And MO is a problem because we have not groomed the right talent. Yuvraj and Raina, all played tons of games for Ind. There is no one in the MO who has played that many games or even allowed to bat in the top order on a consistent basis in the recent past 

Sorry, but the top order would need to put its hand up in knockouts. Much like how the bowlers do their job consistently