Virat Kohli got everything he wanted but where is the World Cup?

Kohli’s PR machine works Non stop to throw mud on people saying “ we tried the best and played well ”, “ all is well” etc which is the opposite of reality.

kohli is hot headed and will drop players quickly at the first hint of non performance  ( like Shami , Kuldeep etc) and put another rubbish instead. Has been happening at IPL and also in Indian team. Tactically he is weak. Time to move on from his captaincy in odi and T20. Let him focus on making centuries in QF, SF and F in ICC knockout events.

Too much power vested with the biggest star in the team has been a problem in Indian cricket ever since. These days the media and PR teams join and create a monster and brand which in turn leads to power mongering by the individual. In such cases, the individual priorities changes to hold on to the brand and the team interest is being put in the back burner. Examples like Sachin dragging on his playing career to chase the 100th hundred where he should have retired on high after WC2011. Dhoni should have left after Wc2015, but still dragging on and tarnished his legacy. We have already created a monster in Kohli now which is going to haunt us in the coming years. There is enough proof from 11 years of IPL, Kohli has been terrible a LOI captain despite having fantastic players in RCB, they were chokers in KO and wooden Spooners.

Way forward for Indian Cricket should be diversify the power centers like choosing different captains for different format teams. Pick a strong Selection Committee with individuals of integrity and accountability. Select qualified coaches rather than cheer leaders. We all know its too much to expect professionalism from any institution in our country. But alas we as fans who love this wonderful game can only dream of such things happening. The circle of high and lows is going to continue where as we all know what can be be true potential of our massive country. :((

I know many fans are emotionally invested with this game and team, but its hard too see such mediocre performances are being tolerated. 

Edited by Adorable Fan
Typo error
12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

There has to be some control on the rage. Yes , he failed to win wc but doesnt mean he hasnt deilever . He won odi series in SA, AUS, NZ....won test series in Aus. This expectation that he had to had to win WC and nothing less is wrong. In LOI any team can have off day so that expectation has curb down.

About kumble sacking well he did right coz 10 players were not happy with him and players matter more then coaches. 

Yes blunders throughout the tenure has been made but it has happened under everyone tenure and same will be in future.

What wrong did he ask in player hike fee or coach of his choice. Didnt ganguly ask for chappell ??

You are happy with Kohli not bringing tropii? Mujhe review chahiye, dechejun pending, paka wrong from you

Image result for review gif dhoni

11 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

You are happy with Kohli not bringing tropii?

Im not happy but not as disappointed coz i expected it 

Plus i dnt like this pressure that u hve to get it no matter how........at the end its a sport n on a given day any team can beat anyone

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Im not happy but not as disappointed coz i expected it 

Plus i dnt like this pressure that u hve to get it no matter how........at the end its a sport n on a given day any team can beat anyone

Yes but our team was a champion one here...if we lost the final to Eng or Australia in a close match do you think we would be angry? We would feel sad for our boys for fighting so hard only to lose at the last hurdle. The NZ match was pathetic batting display and they are minnows a little better than Sri Lanka. Action must follow with firing of Kohli and Bewda. I don't care for meaningless Kohli hundreds in bilaterals and crap benson asian cup e.t.c. I will no longer watch these matches (I don't much anymore anyway )and wake up for world cup and tests only.

10 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Indian players are the most priveleged players in the world, they are the highest paid cricketers, they dont have to run around the world playing league cricket like other country players, they get to play and share the dressing room with the best cricketers in the world, they have the access to best cricketing facilities and coaching staff and even after all that they fail to win a single icc trophy in the last 6 years, if you are still not dissappointed then you have a very low bar of expectation.. We have already overlooked the disastrous tours of sa and eng but not winning the world is the biggest failure and every one should be disappointed with this sh!t show

In a game one team wins and other looses. We arent mighty Aussie or WI that we shud win all time. Btw none of these facilities were avl to mighty WI yet they won a lot . An on any given any team can win and that mighty WI also lost from India in 1983. 

Its not low expectation its reality. Kohli as captain cant win big tournament i knw that so i never had any expectation 

11 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

Yes but our team was a champion one here...if we lost the final to Eng or Australia in a close match do you think we would be angry? We would feel sad for our boys for fighting so hard only to lose at the last hurdle. The NZ match was pathetic batting display and they are minnows a little better than Sri Lanka. Action must follow with firing of Kohli and Bewda. I don't care for meaningless Kohli hundreds in bilaterals and crap benson asian cup e.t.c. I will no longer watch these matches (I don't much anymore anyway )and wake up for world cup and tests only.

How were we champions??? Top 4 was at par almost....they all had some strength some weakness. 

Well it was terrific bowling as well ....sometimes credit shud also be given to opposition. 

Sooner ppl accept on a given day anything can happen better it is........thats why ppl for 2 yrs cudnt digest loss against pak in CT final .

WC is a diff ball game ........This england might win the Wc who was defeated by Pak n SL in same tournament . 

Make Rohit  captain now. He will start addressing and fixing the issues of no.4 and 5 in middle order and will let go of Dhoni  and will keep correct guys who can finish games. BCCI should have balls to drop Kohli.

Edited by vijay50
3 hours ago, -Robin- said:

He never promised to win world cup.

It was stupid star sports who came up with song - Crown cricket ka madam ji hum le jayenge.

He didn't promise to go awol in knockout matches either but delivers on that time and again. That's what fans are more pissed off about than the actual loss itself.