Abdul Qadir Passes away at 63.

Nikola

3 hours ago, mani sha said:

Saw him bowl . Absolutely brilliant bowler , classical and got good turn . Best spinner along with saqlain pak ever produced . Also was a gentleman . 

He had a unique action - energetic and exuberant. There was a young Pakistani spinner who modeled his action after Qadir. I forgot what his name was. Back in the day our batsmen used to murder spin bowling, so when he came on to bowl, it used to bring excitement filled with anticipation. The one thing I remember him most for is his loyalty. Qadir was quite loyal to his captain Imran for backing him. In a world cup game, he won a car (the same match where Walsh graciously refused to run out the Pak batsman for backing up too far) as man of the match and when he went up to the dias, instead of accepting it, he gifted it to Imran Khan. Remember that in those days, cricketers weren't loaded with money like today. So it was a magnanimous gesture from Qadir.

To me posessed more natural talent or wizardry than even Shane Warne.No spinner was ever more of a magician as Qadir who took artistry in leg-spin to another dimension.Foxed batsmen like no spinner did and a major architect of some of Pakistan's most famous victories like at Lords in 1982,at the Oval in 1987 and at Faisalabad v West Indies in 1986.His bowling was also a revelation in the 1987 Reliance cup.He would have been responsible for Pakistan winning its 1st series on West Indies soil in 1988 but for some dubious umpiring decisions on the final day of the Barbados test which robbed Pakistan of the title of the unofficial world test champions.In his day in certain condition seven more lethal than Imran Khan.Even Viv Richards struggled to pick him.Qadir would simply set up a web around batsmen.At his best I find it hard to visualize a spinner who could rip through the heart of a strong batting line up.Statistic did him scant justice .Very hard to envisage another Abdul Qadir born again.With as much support as Shane Warne got he could have been the best of all leg-spinners.

Warne may have spun or bounced the ball more,Bishen Bedi was more artistic but none to me as deceptive whose googly was simply unreadable.Significant that English umpire veteran chose Abdul Qadir in his all-time xi instead of Shane Warne.

He played a major role Pakistan being metamorphasized or knitted into a world beating team in the 1980's.Qadir was also a more than useful batsmen if you remember the 14 run she scored against Courtney Walsh in the 1987Reliance World cup cup,which won a cliff-hanger.Also scored a handy 41 against New Zealnd in the 1983 prudential world cup.

Above all a very lively and positive human being who always had a goof word to say about anyone.

7 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Why don't you fvck off you loud mouth . Sick of you trying to guess who people are or what they :finger:

And don't use a Scottish saying as your name :facepalm:

My username is based on a popular German band in the 90s. Too young for someone like you who listened to music before the world wars. I know what you did in 1985. You probably got some p1ss poor beer and chips and watched AQ play in his tour to Eng you lying cvnt :finger:

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

My username is based on a popular German band in the 90s. Too young for someone like you who listened to music before the world wars. I know what you did in 1985. You probably got some p1ss poor beer and chips and watched AQ play in his tour to Eng you lying cvnt :finger:

Actually no, but try The Tryst , Larbert , Scotland 22 yards away from him :finger: 

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

Totally uncalled for comment. This thread is to honor a man not start arguements.

I apologise to you but my respects were given as someone did play  against him and appreciate his genius . This clown always jumps in with his stupid comments because he think I am Pakistani 

17 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

What about the attention craving post from the other guy in a condolence thread. If he played against Abdul Qadir, then my name is Viv Richards :winky:

All right buddy. This man is the real deal and he has played at higher level so let us respect him. Me on the other hand never moved up from my ground and gully.

Edited by Khota
7 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:

To me posessed more natural talent or wizardry than even Shane Warne.No spinner was ever more of a magician as Qadir who took artistry in leg-spin to another dimension.Foxed batsmen like no spinner did and a major architect of some of Pakistan's most famous victories like at Lords in 1982,at the Oval in 1987 and at Faisalabad v West Indies in 1986.His bowling was also a revelation in the 1987 Reliance cup.He would have been responsible for Pakistan winning its 1st series on West Indies soil in 1988 but for some dubious umpiring decisions on the final day of the Barbados test which robbed Pakistan of the title of the unofficial world test champions.In his day in certain condition seven more lethal than Imran Khan.Even Viv Richards struggled to pick him.Qadir would simply set up a web around batsmen.At his best I find it hard to visualize a spinner who could rip through the heart of a strong batting line up.Statistic did him scant justice .Very hard to envisage another Abdul Qadir born again.With as much support as Shane Warne got he could have been the best of all leg-spinners.

Warne may have spun or bounced the ball more,Bishen Bedi was more artistic but none to me as deceptive whose googly was simply unreadable.Significant that English umpire veteran chose Abdul Qadir in his all-time xi instead of Shane Warne.

He played a major role Pakistan being metamorphasized or knitted into a world beating team in the 1980's.Qadir was also a more than useful batsmen if you remember the 14 run she scored against Courtney Walsh in the 1987Reliance World cup cup,which won a cliff-hanger.Also scored a handy 41 against New Zealnd in the 1983 prudential world cup.

Above all a very lively and positive human being who always had a goof word to say about anyone.

But he possessed less than 0.000000001% the talent of the one-and-only MAJID "God" Khan.