Can Rohit Haters Apologize

Khota

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ofcourse he is good player.....wnt be wrong to say a legend in LOI

But ppl arent wrong when they doubt him overseas......his avg was less then bhuvi, ashwin , jadeja

He has to prove himself overseas like everyone else.....If he bats like bradman at home ppl will accept him being inconsistent also overseas . 

I agree that he has to score overseas.

But it seems Rohit Sharma has to do astronomical things just to be validated as a good player whereas other players just go under Rader as they only play 1 format.

One thing people are forgetting is that people can improve. He failed previously that does not mean he will fail again,

The next tour is NZ, he averages 40 there, that is hardly failing. 

After Virat Kohli, R Sharma is the batsmen considering all formats.

Credit should at least be given for what R Sharma is doing currently regardless whether it is home conditions. On the same pitches SA can't survive.

5 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

But it seems Rohit Sharma has to do astronomical things just to be validated as a good player whereas other players just go under Rader as they only play 1 format.

One thing people are forgetting is that people can improve. He failed previously that does not mean he will fail again,

Credit should at least be given for what R Sharma is doing currently regardless whether it is home conditions. On the same pitches SA can't survive.

Bingo! Well said. Apparently his 200’s and daddy 100’s are mocked when no one else comes even close on those pitches. In fact 90% of the odi pitches are the same and the rules are same for everyone. People also tend to forget that 2 new ball rule makes it relatively difficult for an opener than a middle order bat these days. In fact even a guy like Babar Azam scores 100’s consistently for fun in the middle in these formats and I don’t mean any disrespect to him as I think he does have talent .

They scrutinize his failures on really difficult pitches and even when he does well it is attributed to factors like luck etc.

No player is as much under the microscope as Rohit. In fact if he retires today he is already a certified ATG in 2/3 formats already.

21 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Rohit has to score runs against lateral movement. Some consistant runs like average 38 for a couple of seasons or something then everything will be good.

7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

I m not watching this inning.  Just looking at the scorecard.   Has Rohit really redefined himself as a proper top order batsman (and not a FTB) ??

Nah, as much chance as this dude got, Karun Nair would be a ATG by now if he got the same treatment! :giggle:

Unfortunately, most of the matches are at home. I want to see how he does in NZ. He needs to have an average of 60+ with at least one hundred and at least one match winning innings to quieten his critics. By the time next wave of overseas tours to SA, Eng and Aus comes, the dude may be out of the team again. :rofl: