The cricket data thread

2 hours ago, Lord said:

not that big an issue as long he can play turning ball on turners. 

If he plays he must keep, looking at his performance in the last ODI he's last in the pecking order for me - it's KS/KL & then IK.

KL might be preferred if the ball's really gonna turn square!

12 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

If he plays he must keep, looking at his performance in the last ODI he's last in the pecking order for me - it's KS/KL & then IK.

KL might be preferred if the ball's really gonna turn square!

KL would be bad choice as keeper in Tests

He will open and one of Bharat/Kishan will keep

Generally yes but you know we've seen worse with our chumps in the TM, they'll definitely be ultra conservative whenever they can afford to be & first test they might use the inexperience card & probably get away with it. With the form Gill is in he could open with RGS instead, also if Iyer is injured/unfit 99% chances all the main 4 incumbents will play!

We really need at least one of Jadeja/Sundar in the top if not both.

11 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Generally yes but you know we've seen worse with our chumps in the TM, they'll definitely be ultra conservative whenever they can afford to be & first test they might use the inexperience card & probably get away with it. With the form Gill is in he could open with RGS instead, also if Iyer is injured/unfit 99% chances all the main 4 incumbents will play!

We really need at least one of Jadeja/Sundar in the top if not both.

bhai quote me if you reply to me :cantstop:

If Iyer is injured Gill will play in his place, otherwise he'll sit out.

With Pant out, we need Kishan to hopefully replicate him. Left handed aggresive bat and keeper

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

bhai quote me if you reply to me :cantstop:

If Iyer is injured Gill will play in his place, otherwise he'll sit out.

With Pant out, we need Kishan to hopefully replicate him. Left handed aggresive bat and keeper

Yes mostly agree with that but like I said with the form Gill is in currently he should open IMO, instead of KL - whether that means dropping KL, making him keeper or dropping Brat I don't care. On current form Gill should be among top 3/4 batters on the team sheet.

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Yes mostly agree with that but like I said with the form Gill is in currently he should open IMO, instead of KL - whether that means dropping KL, making him keeper or dropping Brat I don't care. On current form Gill should be among top 3/4 batters on the team sheet.

He should be but won't. Rahul is not getting dropped let alone Kohli

Pujara could have been sacrificed but he was unfairly given MOTS in BD so locked his spot.

They'll say ODI form can't be used for Test selection

8 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Most probably Gill will play in the X1. He is quite good attacking Offies, so may be a good option against Lyon. Shreyas & Gill would have been the best option.  but i doubt if iyer can be fit by that time .

On 10/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

Siraj is disappearing at 17 RPO in the Powerplay when going full of a good length. He has to rein his length in and get more deliveries in the good length region, much like Bumrah is doing. spacer.png

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/icc-cricket-world-cup-2023-pat-cummins-short-ball-tactics-key-to-australia-fortunes-at-chinnaswamy-1404270

Basically, the full length is absolutely being crushed by batters. Erring on the shorter is the better option.