Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

Tearaways are rare,we just were able to see 3 express pacers in last 22-25 years that too not in recent years , the amount of cricket being played these days i doubt we will see one anytime soon

Is there any express pacer in the Indian horizon as much as i have searched I haven't seen one even not in potential?

Edited by Suhaan
6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Tearaways are rare,we just were able to see 3 express pacers in last 22-25 years that too not in recent years ,just want to see an Indian express pacer,but the amount of cricket being played these days i doubt we will see one anytime soon

Sometimes these tearaways bring something out of  dead conditions

Is there any express pacer in the Indian horizon as much as i have searched I haven't seen one even not in potential

You don't really need express pacers. I want someone who can hit 145-150 at will if not always but must have the ability. Among current players Kartik and Mavi are two contenders. Nagarkoti doesn't have the build to sustain it.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

You don't really need express pacers. I want someone who can hit 145-150 at will.

I didn't mean that,i just wished we had one,

We will welcome if someone comes with that ability obviously

It was just a simple question,is there anyone?i havent seen anyone coming

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

145-50 at will ,is huge

We will be grateful

Like Steyn, Johnson, Starc, Wood, Archer, Nortje, Lockie. These guys hit 145-150 at will, not on average but have the ability. In India, Umesh and and Aaron had the ability. In 2014-15 Aus tour, Umesh and Aaron on average were as quick as Johnson averaging 88-90 mph but pitches were probably the biggest pattas in history of cricket in Australia.

13 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I didn't mean that,i just wished we had one,

We will welcome if someone comes with that ability obviously

It was just a simple question,is there anyone?i havent seen anyone coming

All seriously express pacers have been slingers. Thommo, Shoaib, Lee, Tait, Fidel Edwards. Only slingers can hit express pace of 155k or more. 

Some bowlers like Nortje, Archer, Starc have hit odd ball at 155 but not many deliveries in that range. Though Starc is quite close to a slinger without actually being a slinger.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Like Steyn, Johnson, Starc, Wood, Archer, Nortje, Lockie. These guys hit 145-150 at will, not on average but have the ability. In India, Umesh and and Aaron had the ability. In 2014-15 Aus tour, Umesh and Aaron on average were as quick as Johnson averaging 88-90 mph but pitches were probably the biggest pattas in history of cricket in Australia.

Yes Indians very quicker than Australian bowlers on average speed

I even remember Umesh was particularly quicker than Johnson on average speed

Aaron too hit 150s multiple times

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

All seriously express pacers have been slingers. Thommo, Shoaib, Lee, Tait, Fidel Edwards. Only slingers can hit express pace of 155k or more. 

Some bowlers like Nortje, Archer, Starc have hit odd ball at 155 but not many deliveries in that range. Though Starc is quite close to a slinger without actually being a slinger.

Srinath hit 154.5 (confirmed) in 99 'WC and a slightly more doubtful 157 in Zim in '96 or '97. There are other non-slinger bowlers who have reached a peak speed of 155.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Srinath hit 154.5 (confirmed) in 99 'WC and a slightly more doubtful 157 in Zim in '96 or '97. There are other non-slinger bowlers who have reached a peak speed of 155.

Srinath hit 148 in 99 WC. Shoaib hit 154. 

Those peak speeds are one odd deliveries. These slingers have hit 155 more regularly.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Srinath hit 148 in 99 WC. Shoaib hit 154. 

Those peak speeds are one odd deliveries. These slingers have hit 155 more regularly.

yes, I was discussing one-off balls since no bowler can sustain 155 kmph over even on a semi-regular basis. Here are the Srinath links I had in mind:

http://www.screwup-bureau.com/2015/05/india-fastest-fast-bowlers.html
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWS/ARTICLES_OLD/CAMPBELL_INTERVIEW_APR1997.html
9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, I was discussing one-off balls since no bowler can sustain 155 kmph over even on a semi-regular basis. Here are the Srinath links I had in mind:

http://www.screwup-bureau.com/2015/05/india-fastest-fast-bowlers.html

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWS/ARTICLES_OLD/CAMPBELL_INTERVIEW_APR1997.html

I know about Srinath. Even that was odd one. Shoaib, Lee, Tait would hit 155 more regularly

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

This is why Brett Lee said that Bumrah has the ability to be a true express bowler. He has a genuine slinging action plus has hyper-extension.

In 2018 and 2019, Bumrah was hitting 145 k to 150 k at will ... but after his back injury, he is bowling just the odd delivery at 147 k to 149 k and has not touched 150 k.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You don't really need express pacers. I want someone who can hit 145-150 at will if not always but must have the ability. Among current players Kartik and Mavi are two contenders. Nagarkoti doesn't have the build to sustain it.

Umesh and Aaron for 6 years and Bumrah and Srinath for 2 years, have bowled 145 k to 150 k at will.

Saini, Prasidh and Tyagi have this ability too.

Not sure if Mavi has the mindset to be a 145 k+ pacer.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh and Aaron for 6 years and Bumrah and Srinath for 2 years, have done it.

Saini, Prasidh and Tyagi have this ability too.

Not sure if Mavi has the mindset to be a 145 k+ pacer.

Bumrah isn't a 145-150 bowler. 140-145 mostly. Saini too hasn't yet played enough international cricket. He did in IPL and some LOIs but doing it in tests is different.

Kartik has potential but not yet there. Mavi has done it in his first IPL. 

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is why Brett Lee said that Bumrah has the ability to be a true express bowler. He is a genuine slinger plus has hyper-extension.

In 2018 and 2019, Bumrah was hitting 145 k to 150 k at will ... but after his back injury, he is bowling just the odd delivery at 147 k to 149 k and has not touched 150 k.

Bumrah isn't a slinger. He is a hip dominant Front on bowler. Hip dominant front on bowlers can't be slingers. Only knee dominant bowlers can become slingers. Bumrah also doesn't have a proper run-up nor a free flowing bowling action. 

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Lee had 2-3 actions.Didn't look slinging to me

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah isn't a slinger. He is a hip dominant bowler. Hip dominant can't be termed slingers. Only knee dominant bowlers can become slingers. Bumrah also doesn't have a proper run-up nor a free flowing bowling action. 

Slinging is not a term associated with cricket alone. In fact, it is not a true cricketing term.

Bumrah is the MOST slinging bowler I have EVER seen in cricket. ( leaving aside that bowler in Lagaan )

He actually holds his arms straight... rotates his arm 180 degrees + 360 degrees before bowling ... and does this very quickly.

That is true slinging action.

All the other pacers, whom you call slingers, are only semi-slingers. They replicate part of the action of the person using the sling.