Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

57 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Best of luck,dont forget his batting and fielding ,even if he doesnt turn out to be that quick, you can make him into an all round cricketer,someone like  prabhakar,pandya ,pathan,chahar type arent bad ,or for that matter kapil dev!!.

As much as i love quick bowling but i have one doubt ,is having a slingy action that good a thing? most of the pacers you have named like lee,johnson,edwards ,thomson have high averages ,only shoaib is low ,maybe it affects the balance of the bowlers, what do you think?

Yes, he does both batting and bowling. Will post batting videos too. 

With Slingy action, accuracy can be an issue if you are round arm like Johnson or Tait. Regarding Lee, he is a curious case, he started test cricket with a bang while he is a GOAT ODI bowler, bowled quite accurately, why he couldn't have better figures is puzzling. I think his issue was ER. Otherwise Lee has 4 wickets per test which is quite good. 3.46 is quite high. One more thing Brett Lee played in a very batting friendly era of 2000s. Pitches around the world were flat.

I would say if someone is an express pacer and he ends up with a career of 50-60 tests, 150 ODIs then that's a great career for any express pacer. Express pacer isn't just about how much he plays but how he plays. People come to watch such bowlers bowl. 

Edited by rkt.india

If Brett Lee had same ER as Bumrah, he would have been averaging 23. I think this is what you get with aggressive bowlers. They tend to leak runs. Test bowling is all about defensive bowling. Bowlers who don't try too much, stick to the corridor area are more successful in test cricket.  

20 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

@rkt.india
@express bowling
@MultiB48
@Mosher
   I asked before,what do you all observe about Khalleels action,i do see a problem in his run-up?but can't figure out

Do you have a recent video ?  I can't find any.

He keep modifying things. And that is one of his issues.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

@rkt.india
@express bowling
@MultiB48
@Mosher
   I asked before,what do you all observe about Khalleels action,i do see a problem in his run-up?but can't figure out

The biggest problem with him is high jump. He is hip dominant, high jump derails him. 

https://youtu.be/j03mwxcG0hU

Don't see much problem here. Gives an impression of Starc kind of action. I think he just need more focus and concentration on his strength which pace. Trying to become a swing bowler isn't going to help him. He is still a great prospect.

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Yeah but mcgrath also play around that era and kept his er low. 

so let me get this right ,slingy means delayed arm and round arm means slightly lower arm/release point?

Lee was more aggressive bowler. You tend to lose control when you try different stuff. McGrath concentrated on his strength, kept bowling in corridor.