Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

32 minutes ago, Vijy said:

there are some exceptions, but some of the above did not bowl at full pace, and some only played a few games. IPL is still largely dominated by indian trundlers like booba and undercutta

Apart from Harshit, all the other quicks I mentioned played all the games or significant number of games and were bowling very quickly in 3 out of 4 games. 

This IPL was the IPL of Indian quicks.  

I think 11 or 12 Indian quicks crossed 147 kph ( high 140s ) this time, while in other versions it is 5 to 7. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Apart from Harshit, all the other quicks I mentioned played all the games or significant number of games and were bowling very quickly in 3 out of 4 games. 

This IPL was the IPL of Indian quicks.  

I think 11 or 12 Indian quicks crossed 147 kph ( high 140s ) this time, while in other versions it is 5 to 7. 

11 quicks over 8-10 teams.

there are potentially 11+ trundlers in these teams even if not all played in most matches. mukesh choudhary, booba,... list goes on. not all of them were regulars, but many were playing regularly or semi-regularly.

IPL still favors trundlers to this day. expect to see this number increase in this edition

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

11 quicks over 8-10 teams.

there are potentially 11+ trundlers in these teams even if not all played in most matches. mukesh choudhary, booba,... list goes on. not all of them were regulars, but many were playing regularly or semi-regularly.

IPL still favors trundlers to this day. expect to see this number increase in this edition

11 quicks who crossed 147 k.

There were quite a few others who bowled 135 k to 143 k/145 k with bounce like Simarjeet, Khaleel, Dayal, Hardik, Akashdeep, Avesh and skiddy 140 + topping at 145 / 146 k  like Umesh, Nagarkoti, Thampi.

RR .. Prasidh, Sen

SRH .. Umran,  Tyagi 

MI .. Bumrah, Thampi

GT .. Shami, Dayal, Hardik

LSG .. Mohsin, Avesh 

KKR .. Umesh, Harshit 

RCB .. Siraj,  Akashdeep

DC .. Khaleel, Nagarkoti 

CSK .. Simarjeet, Hangargekar 

PBKS ... Nobody 

RCB has included the new quick Avinash Singh now.

PBKS and CSK are the weak links as far as Indian quicks are concerned. 

Hope to see Hangargekar debut for CSK 

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, speedracer said:

Just shut this thread. Our management are hopeless. Won't change a thing like @Vijysays. 

Nah .. let it keep going, at-least we would know that Ind have quick-bowler, and BCCI and Ind commentators wouldnt have us believe that Ind can not produce fast bowler.

As they did in whole 90s and mid 2000s before Bhumra and Shami. And kept on promoting silly theories on why Ind can not and will not produce high pace bowlers, when all the other teams of subcontinent were bringing in v.good pacers.

Edited by tapandrun
9 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Nah .. let it keep going, at-least we would know that Ind have quick-bowler, and BCCI and Ind commentators who not have us believe that Ind can not produce fast bowler.

As they did in whole 90s and mid 2000s before Bhumra and Shami. And kept on promoting silly theories on why Ind can not and will not produce high pace bowlers, when all the other teams of subcontinent were bringing in v.good pacers.

But why? I want an explanation why? 

Indians have so many medals in wrestling etc. Ranked in the top 6 7 in the world etc. We own even Aussies in weight lifting and wrestling. 

Don't get this. 

4 hours ago, speedracer said:

Indians have so many medals in wrestling etc. Ranked in the top 6 7 in the world etc. We own even Aussies in weight lifting and wrestling. 

Don't get this. 

Our cricket is run by batsmen and they don't like to play too many quick bowlers in the nets. They have to play quicks in actual matches anyway.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Our cricket is run by batsmen and they don't like to play too many quick bowlers in the nets. They have to play quicks in actual matches anyway.

these days, they don't like to play spin as well. they would rather not play any type of bowling if possible

10 hours ago, speedracer said:

Don't get this. 

In current scenario it is sheer ignorance towards the changes coming in-to cricket these days, Ind TM and BCCI are living in oblivion.

Additionally it seems to be clear Rohit is backing his friends and not letting go off the non-performers or too rigid to make much needed  changes

In 90s and 2000s I think the trundler love/favouring was due to the fact that ind didnt had understanding abt fast bowling and lot more compensating to a complex of not having v.high quality pace bowler compared to other teams and trying to promote bowler who can swing the ball and huge amount of swing always came with a cost of lower speeds.

I can not believe that Ind dint not have some at-least 2/3 140+ blower in 90s and mid 2000s. It was all a culture to promote slow swing bowler and hype them up (this seems to be happing with the new TM as well) - A good example of such a hype was  Manoj Prabhakar and many others- T.Kumaran etc..

And for olympics and other games there is a-lot more to do on economics and gov. push + other factors we do not see- there could be a whole different discussion on it

Edited by tapandrun
2 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

In current scenario is sheer ignorance towards the changes coming in-to cricket these days, Ind TM and BCCI are living in oblivion.

Additionally there seems to be clear Rohit is backing his friends and not letting go off the non-performers or too rigid to make much needed  changes

In 90s and 2000s I think the trundler love/favouring was due to the fact that ind didnt had understanding abt fast bowling and lot more compensating to a complex of not having v.high quality pace bowler compared to other teams and trying to promote bowler who can swing the ball and huge amount of swing always came with a cost of lower speeds.

I can not believe that Ind dint not have some at-least 2/3 140+ blower in 90s and mid 2000s. I was all a culture to promote slow swing bowler and hype them up (this seems to be happing with the new TM as well) - A good example of such a hype was  Manoj Prabhakar and many others- T.Kumaran etc..

Shocking. Appalling attitude. India have so many fast bowling talents but the management prefers trundlers to appease the crowd for some reason.