Indore !!!

velu

Speaking of Bengali sweets used to love Sondesh. It used to be by fav sweet ever and this coming from me who has a sweet tooth and loves pretty much any sweet, chocolate, icecream there is.

Now the keyword here is “used to”

Few years back my dad had to travel to Kolkata for his office work so I told him to bring me back sondesh.  

since the return from his trip coincided with my birthday, he brought me this huge packet of what was apparently a very expensive brand of Sondesh (bongs here can help me out with the brandname or type ) which apparently stays fresh only for 2 days max. 

He asked me to distribute it to my friends but I was like screw that. Firstly it was expensive and secondly it is Sondesh all to myself. 

So I finished the first sondesh than  2

more, the fricking thing was so filling, skipped lunch then had 2 more for dinner and skipped dinner.

By next day I was already sick of eating Sondesh :wall:   So decided to finally distribute it to my friends but it might have already been spoiling or it could have just been my body stopped accepting any more Sondesh. Couldn’t risk giving spoilt food to people so stuffed in a couple of more Sondesh and then flushed the rest down the toilet and lied to my parents I finished the whole packet.

Thats a true story that can go into a moral science text book for greed and gluttony :((

25 minutes ago, maniac said:

Speaking of Bengali sweets used to love Sondesh. It used to be by fav sweet ever and this coming from me who has a sweet tooth and loves pretty much any sweet, chocolate, icecream there is.

Now the keyword here is “used to”

Few years back my dad had to travel to Kolkata for his office work so I told him to bring me back sondesh.  

since the return from his trip coincided with my birthday, he brought me this huge packet of what was apparently a very expensive brand of Sondesh (bongs here can help me out with the brandname or type ) which apparently stays fresh only for 2 days max. 

He asked me to distribute it to my friends but I was like screw that. Firstly it was expensive and secondly it is Sondesh all to myself. 

So I finished the first sondesh than  2

more, the fricking thing was so filling, skipped lunch then had 2 more for dinner and skipped dinner.

By next day I was already sick of eating Sondesh :wall:   So decided to finally distribute it to my friends but it might have already been spoiling or it could have just been my body stopped accepting any more Sondesh. Couldn’t risk giving spoilt food to people so stuffed in a couple of more Sondesh and then flushed the rest down the toilet and lied to my parents I finished the whole packet.

Thats a true story that can go into a moral science text book for greed and gluttony :((

This is weird. Both you and Maryam rated Sondesh highly. In my experience, most bongs don’t like sondesh - to us, it’s too basic and it’s the McDonalds version of sweets. As for brand name, KC Das or Keshto Ghosh ? 

For us, those who like the texture of sondesh almost always prefers gujias .

as far as Bongs are concerned, our top sweets tend to be Komolabhog( super jalebi), rabri ( fried milk film), pithepuli ( Bengali crepes), rasmalai. Kids love soanpapri though most adults don’t like how messy it is.

rest of Indian sweets are ordinary compared to them except one: firni 

31 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

For us, those who like the texture of sondesh almost always prefers gujias .

as far as Bongs are concerned, our top sweets tend to be Komolabhog( super jalebi), rabri ( fried milk film), pithepuli ( Bengali crepes), rasmalai. Kids love soanpapri though most adults don’t like how messy it is.

rest of Indian sweets are ordinary compared to them except one: firni 

For someone reason Americans or westerners in general  seem to hate rasgullas. Not speaking about the not so popular bot @Rasgulla :giggle:

Anyways for some reason the texture and the spongy nature weirds them out.

Also another Indian item that we love and they seem to hate is the pan, the meetha pan not the more narcotic Baba Zarda Kashmiri  type

In fact pan was mentioned as one of the most disgusting things people eat in some radio show I heard once.

Without bias, the best sweets are Bengali sweets. 

Premium sweets in Toronto is the best sweet shop I have ever had in the world. Sondesh, oh my god, I had it 4 years back, man my life changed after that.

I missed out on that for first 28 years of life. Now I eat that once every two weeks