A question about Hindu Sindhis

maniac

35 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why would the Sindhis, who are seemingly well off and not afflicted by caste choose to convert?

Honestly, I don't know. Ftr, the vast majority of Sindhis in Ulhasnagar are still Hindu. But the conversions are on the rise and have been for the past decade.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

More sources:

DNA

Indian Express

Open Magazine

Thanks for sharing.looks like 7000 figure is a rough count, no authentic source..some say it's Arnd 800. I hope that early detection of the issue would lead to the reversal..from your link:

Out of four lakh Sindhi-speaking Hindus in Ulhasnagar, around 7,000 (1.75%) have changed their faith in the last two years, according to a rough count. 

But Ram Budhwani, a resident who follows Christianity, rubbishes the argument. “I started visiting the chapel to get peace of mind. I lost my wife in an accident two years ago. I became an alcoholic. I suffered heavy losses in my business and had to close down my shop. But since I am visiting the prayer house (known as Prarthana Ghar in Ulhasnagar) I am making progress in my business. I set up my shop again and am doing well. I have changed my faith, not the religion,” he said.

"Conway’s church is down the road from Pappu Kalani’s walled residence. He feels unprotected, even if Kalani comes by only during election time. Conway is uneasy. How did they come up with this number? He reckons that no more than 800 conversions have occurred. The rest are people who like to come by for peace of mind. But he admits that there are some Sindhis who have not told anyone about their conversion to Christianity. They have kept their last names. They are afraid of being ostracised."

23 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Mate I know a Kashmiri pandit girl living in New Delhi. Her parents who were doctors in Kashmir Valley fled in the middle of the night when the genocide was happening and now she herself is posting anti CAA and NRC posts on social media. Forget bitter this is the height of irony. So let’s not even talk about Sindhis. The youth in India is a lost cause.

There are many Hindus. Its not their fault, as from birth, we are told to be neutral and this neutrality is now confused with secularism when both are very different.

So instead of fighting, and challenging the root causes, such Hindus prefer the neutrality route of making sure the status quo is prevailed. They are very afraid of change so they are reacting very aggressive to this government’s move. 

13 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

@randomGuy @rahulrulezz 

What played a bigger role in Sindh becoming Muslim-majority? 

Was it Muhammad Bin Qasim’s invasion or was it the various Sufi saints? 

Sorry, I couldn’t reply in detail as more I wrote, more angrier I got.

I am  just write basic key points

-close proximity to Iran and Arab world. Compare to other states, sadly Sindhis had to bear the brunt as they are closest location wise

-Sindh region and Sindhis in general were very well off, which meant more money to Be looted by invaders and meant more forced conversion

- Qasim played a key role in the start. He basically converted thousands of Sindhis to Islam forcefully and this is documented, and how proud he was of converting thousands of Sindhis

- Qasim killed Raja Dahir, took away his daughters, initially had backing off caliphate, and basically might of sword to convert everyone

- again, future invaders from Persia and Arab choose Sindh as their gateway to India And converted locals with might of their force

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

Sorry, I couldn’t reply in detail as more I wrote, more angrier I got.

I am  just write basic key points

-close proximity to Iran and Arab world. Compare to other states, sadly Sindhis had to bear the brunt as they are closest location wise

-Sindh region and Sindhis in general were very well off, which meant more money to Be looted by invaders and meant more forced conversion

- Qasim played a key role in the start. He basically converted thousands of Sindhis to Islam forcefully and this is documented, and how proud he was of converting thousands of Sindhis

- Qasim killed Raja Dahir, took away his daughters, initially had backing off caliphate, and basically might of sword to convert everyone

- again, future invaders from Persia and Arab choose Sindh as their gateway to India And converted locals with might of their force

It seems more emotional to you. But why couldn’t they resist like Punjab did against aurangzeb ?  Rich state also means more resources they can buy to protect ? May be planning was bad by the king. 

Edited by gattaca

Raja Dahir was hesitant to ask for help according to few articles from Hindu kingdom and didn’t even send his family away. Oh boy doesn’t seem like bravery to me. So many Hindu kings were stupid at that time. The caliphate at that was quite big. He was stupid to think he can hold them off.