What's not very traditional about you?

Stradlater

I have never dated Indian girls. People judge you for this, especially relatives and friends. One of my aunts always tells me "Hamari ladkiyon main kya problem hain" I think many of them are just angry or uncomfortable with people venturing out. 

A cousin of mine is dating a white girl for past 4 years. He wants to get married to her, but his father hasn't accepted their relationship because he wants a gujju girl that too from our caste LOL... like thats gonna happen.

I hope the new generation of Indians, both in India and outside, are more open-minded. 

Edited by FischerTal

3 hours ago, FischerTal said:

I have never dated Indian girls. People judge you for this, especially relatives and friends. One of my aunts always tells me "Hamari ladkiyon main kya problem hain" I think many of them are just angry or uncomfortable with people venturing out. 

A cousin of mine is dating a white girl for past 4 years. He wants to get married to her, but his father hasn't accepted their relationship because he wants a gujju girl that too from our caste LOL... like thats gonna happen.

I hope the new generation of Indians, both in India and outside, are more open-minded. 

I can't even imagine getting married to a girl outside my caste. 

17 hours ago, Stradlater said:

A friend, who is a doctor, told me this:

The Bhanushali community of Gujarat, are descendants of the remnants of Alexander's army who married local women. Since they were mainly Greeks, they carried with them a whole lot of genetic traits which are characteristic of the people in the Aegean/Mediterranean (damn, I always need spell check for the names of seas :(( ). One trait is the propensity towards Thalassemia.  No, @velu it has nothing to do with Dhoni. 

Since the Bhanushali community has been fairly endogamic, they have passed these traits successfully for generations. The other Gujarati castes, which don't have this lineage obviously have significantly lesser levels of Thalassemia. The Thalassemia problem has become so pronounced that even on marriage websites and informal gatherings, when rishtas were being discussed it is mandatory to categorically state the presence of Thalassemia: Thalassemia Major, Thalassemia minor or non Thalassemia. And the elders wouldn't permit marriages between two Thalassemia minor's coz it means a high probability that the offspring has Thalassemia major. 

I remember you mentioning that you are a Rajput. I'm sure that there must be a lot of genetic traits (read diseases) that are endemic to your extended tribe. You should try this excuse at home. Good chance that it may work. :p:

Edited by Mariyam

17 hours ago, Stradlater said:

51 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The Bhanushali community of Gujarat, are descendants of the remnants of Alexander's army who married local women. Since they were mainly Greeks, they carried with them a whole lot of genetic traits which are characteristic of the people in the Aegean/Mediterranean (damn, I always need spell check for the names of seas :(( ). One trait is the propensity towards Thalassemia.  No, @velu it has nothing to do with Dhoni. 

Since the Bhanushali community has been fairly endogamic, they have passed these traits successfully for generations. The other Gujarati castes, which don't have this lineage obviously have significantly lesser levels of Thalassemia. The Thalassemia problem has become so pronounced that even on marriage websites and informal gatherings, when rishtas were being discussed it is mandatory to categorically state the presence of Thalassemia: Thalassemia Major, Thalassemia minor or non Thalassemia. And the elders wouldn't permit marriages between two Thalassemia minor's coz it means a high probability that the offspring has Thalassemia major. 

I remember you mentioning that you are a Rajput. I'm sure that there must be a lot of genetic traits (read diseases) that are endemic to your extended tribe. You should try this excuse at home. Good chance that it may work. :p:

even I can’t imagine getting married to someone outside my caste .. 

because the choice is not mine :(( 

57 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

While the chances of harmful homozygous genetic traits intermittently resurfacing are a common occurrence in the endogamous small populations (Bhanushalis in this case) , I don't think Rajputs which are a considerable large group having scattered across the whole northern India,  have much to worry about this. From Jamwals in Jammu to Parmars in Chhattisgarh or Bhatis from Jaisalmer to Chauhans in Bihar, I have plenty of clans to choose from (as long as they are the 'pure' ones and not pretending). 

28 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

While the chances of harmful homozygous genetic traits intermittently resurfacing are a common occurrence in the endogamous small populations (Bhanushalis in this case) , I don't think Rajputs which are a considerable large group having scattered across the whole northern India,  have much to worry about this. From Jamwals in Jammu to Parmars in Chhattisgarh or Bhatis from Jaisalmer to Chauhans in Bihar, I have plenty of clans to choose from (as long as they are the 'pure' ones and not pretending). 

I still think you prefer deserty Rajputs :giggle:

ladka sit around hookah pipe and playing cards ..

ladkis will go around making sandwich for you ladkas .. heavenly life :icflove:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScqEJWnZjN-_pnGi-lJww

2 hours ago, velu said:

I still think you prefer deserty Rajputs :giggle:

ladka sit around hookah pipe and playing cards ..

ladkis will go around making sandwich for you ladkas .. heavenly life :icflove:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScqEJWnZjN-_pnGi-lJww

The people in the picture are Jats though. We don't wear that kind of turban. 

Yeah desert girls are nice. Submissive and obedient. Women belong in the kitchen far as I'm concerned.