Here be Dragons

Mariyam

3 hours ago, velu said:

japanese guy ?

Yes.

Adding the clue to the question

Q18

Identify the company

1. The founder of this company served in WWII in a suicide quad whose task was to ram enemy ships with explosives. Miraculously he survived.

2. Just after the war he founded a fishing net making company. In a few years he was the market leader in his country in that space.

3. When plastic based fishing equipment was introduced, this company lost its competitive edge. So the company decided to use its technical know how and are market leaders (across the world) in an unrelated field.

4. The founder is from Japan.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Q18

Identify the company

1. The founder of this company served in WWII in a suicide quad whose task was to ram enemy ships with explosives. Miraculously he survived.

2. Just after the war he founded a fishing net making company. In a few years he was the market leader in his country in that space.

3. When plastic based fishing equipment was introduced, this company lost its competitive edge. So the company decided to use its technical know how and are market leaders (across the world) in an unrelated field.

I know of two (there may be more) suicide squads type forces in WW2.  One of course was the Japanese kamikazi piots. 

Then the Japanese also had people in suicide midget submarines and even torpedoes.

There were Italian frogmen teams also.  These were "not as suicidal", but the ramming of enemy ships part made me think because that's what they would do occasionally.  

I'm guessing Japanese, in some field of electronics. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Throwing it wildly out there without googling, is it Kawasaki?

No. You too are missing the clue in points 2 and 3.

Let me add another clue.

Q18

Identify the company

5. Its a sports company.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

No. You too are missing the clue in points 2 and 3.

Let me add another clue.

Q18

Identify the company

5. Its a sports company.

You said unrelated field, so I guessed randomly. Now based on 4th clue, guessing Butterfly

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

5. Its a sports company.

did some googling as well .. mostly Sony :hmm:

Nintendo was founded beofre 1900 :woot: 

edit:-

i used google just for finding the list of Japanese sports companies 

Edited by velu

3 minutes ago, velu said:

did some googling as well .. mostly Sony :hmm:

Nintendo was founded beofre 1900 :woot: 

edit:-

i used google just for finding the list of Japanese sports companies 

DO NOT USE GOOGLE. 

What is the point then?

You are wrong.

Big Clue: The guy was making fishing nets and he used the know-how in his next venture.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

DO NOT USE GOOGLE. 

What is the point then?

You are wrong.

Big Clue: The guy was making fishing nets and he used the know-how in his next venture.

what kind of sports company is that ?

Motorsport or video games or sport garments company like nike/adidas ?

Let me add another clue.

Q18

Identify the company

5. Its a sports equipment manufacturing company.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@velu Video games are sports only for engineers.

4 minutes ago, velu said:

definitely they manufacture sport shoes and jersys .. :yess:

cant think of any japanese company competing with nike/adidas/puma :(( 

had to search, didn't know other than Wilson and I don't think it is jap. I will not give out the answer as I cheated.