Right to Curse....and ICF infractions

Guest HariSampath

Right to Curse....and ICF infractions  

1. 1.

• No .Infraction not justified. Cursing Dravid now was justified
    • Yes. Cursing Not justified, infraction is justified.

For somebody who boasts about following cricket for so many years, your comments about Dravid's batting is so juvenile. Test is a team game. If there are sehwags and Tendulkars in a team, there should also be Dravids and Kallises for extending and longevity of an innings. Yuvraj/sehwag/Dhoni can't play out a session. The need of the hour after Tendulkar and sehwag fell early was for somebody to stick around and others playing around him, That's what Anil Kumble would have given instructions for too. Your criticism of Dravid for yesterday's knock bores out of your hatred for Dravid. so enjoy your rest for a while and come back more sensible..

Anyways' date=' infractions are more or less superfluous cosmetics at the start ie. the first few infractions - the points are low and they expire in a few days. No need to make such a big deal on it, IMO.[/quote'] exactly no need to leave over it i got one some time back too

Hari, Don't go mate. I agree with you that passion should be allowed to overflow and there should be some tolerance of it. But mods are also human so they also sometimes get passionate with infraction warnings. Just wear it and stay on. I have always enjoyed your posts in the short time I have been here and learnt a lot from them. I'd hate to see you leave. I also agree with your prognosis on Dravid today. The entire innings lost momentum due to his attrition...batsmen getting out trying to force the pace directly as a consequence...and it may have cost us the test match...but hey, the man is trying hard to get back into nick and if he comes into form, when there are more dire circumstances, he will come into his own. Also, I don't think it was because he was being selfish. It's the way he plays...you were probably right sometime back when you told me he could not switch gears...again when he tried here, he got out. So we cannot fault him too much for not getting the runs quickly as his game is really old school test batting. This also has it's place in the game especially in more orthodox circumstances in a test. If however, you think he should have sacrificed his wicket slogging, I am sure he would have done so had there been instructions from the dressing room to proceed along those lines. As things turned out, he was trying to play himself in,was taking to long to do it and wickets started to fall perhaps as a consequence. To throw your wicket slogging when this is happening around you would be even worse. I don't think it was all that clear to him what to do in the middle except perhaps in the first hour, when he should have been doing more but was really struggling. Hey, that's the game. And yeah...some passionate comments in the negative and the positive should not, in my opinion, be taken to seriously or punished to severely. I would appeal to both mods and Hari to relax...besides, we will all be in a better mood tomorrow...because India is going to win. So Cheers!

why should you be allowed to curse an indian player? How would you feel if some paki poster comes here and curses indian player, I am sure you would want Mods to take action against him. You can criticize the player but no cursing. This is not your toilet where you take a $hit. This is mature message board with respected posters.

i logged in today after couple of days' absence and am posting probably for the first time in a week. I had undergone the same emotion that Hari had right thru Rahul Dravid's innings. In fact I related his declaration in multan when sachin was on 194* and cursed him may be 20 times in harsher words than what Hari has used.he is an hypocrite. going by his logic in that declaration dravid shud have retired instead of hogging the strike and killing off the team's interests. in the post lunch session yesterday, Sehwag scored 105 off 67 balls, where as Dravid scored 10 off 50+ balls.he let the team down in not rotating the strike to sehwag in that session. It looked as if he was trying to save the test on a 5th day pitch in the 4th innings. today's morning session was even worse.we shud have scored 140 in that session but he really screwed up. I had been a Dravid fan all these years but in this innings, he really screwed up.I am with Hari on this. I hope the Mods reconsider the decision on infraction and please let the members express their frustration/emotion strongly.There can be a clearly laid down procedure on infractions and that could help all members observe discipline when crossing the limit set by Mods. i wish all of us read the posts for what they mean rather than who posts that.

Hari, You are winning the majority "No. Infraction not justified", So just come back and be done with it. Mods - please remove the infraction. Infractions are for abusing fellow forum members. Not for shouting or abusing cricketers. The only "mistake" hari did was going from thread to thread and abusing Dravid. It became a bit irritating, but did not warrant infraction. There is nothing wrong in saying Dravid is an A$$hole (I disagree, but still he can say that), or SRT is or SG is or AK is, or even VS is or whoever(public personality) is. Just dont go from thread to thread and say it 10 times in one or two days. That can work up other people. Say it once or twice and leave it for a while. Anyway, infraction is wrong, Hari be back. A PM requesting Hari to go easy on this was warranted and would have been correct to send PM by Mods. Infraction was an overreaction and Mods should take it back. @Hari: I dont know if "infraction" can be technically taken back by the "software system". But forget it, votes are in, so just forget the issue.

Infraction isn't a ban and I can't believe people come with such ego. It's not ok to abuse anyone let alone a player with expletives. This forums is for free speech sure but not free use of expletives. Relax Hari, it's only a MB. Get over with it.

For somebody who boasts about following cricket for so many years' date=' your comments about Dravid's batting is so juvenile. Test is a team game. If there are sehwags and Tendulkars in a team, there should also be Dravids and Kallises for extending and longevity of an innings. Yuvraj/sehwag/Dhoni can't play out a session. The need of the hour after Tendulkar and sehwag fell early was for somebody to stick around and others playing around him, That's what Anil Kumble would have given instructions for too. Your criticism of Dravid for yesterday's knock bores out of your hatred for Dravid. so enjoy your rest for a while and come back more sensible..[/quote'] Man, isnt it clear that people are criticising Dravid for being slow BEFORE the players you mentioned got out and being a cause of them getting out??