Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

On a different note, I think the TM now are failing to handle youngsters properly. Pant has been quite dominant in the IPL and domestically for quite a while and so has Shaw. One would have thought time with the India squad would have improved their game but they look mentally shot. Khaleel has also regressed. On the other hand more seasoned debuters like Agarwal and Saini to some extent seems to have improved their game. Rahul took his time and hopefully has managed to survive his struggling phase. Verdict is not yet out on Iyer but lets hope he does well. Is handing debut to prodigious youngsters the right way to go? Or is it a problem with India only?

This TM gives the vibe that it does not really like youngsters. They like experienced players. Youngsters will get chances only if an old guy is not available for a particular role. And they may get removed as soon as the oldie comes back.

Rahane can get 50 chances but a Karun Nair is gone after a couple of failures, despite scoring a 303.

Rayudu comes back before the last ODI WC while the then young Iyer was removed while averaging 40+ in ODIs. 

Saini and Siraj did not get to play in tests even against Afghanistan and Bangladesh at home while the more experienced Shardul debuted against the WI.

Pant has a spectacular test series in Australia but gets dropped at home for Saha. This despite Shastri saying in Australia that Pant is the first choice keeper now.

Kuldeep took a 5-fer in a test in Australia but hardly plays a test after that.

In a toss up between Vihari and Rahane, it is always Rahane who gets selected in tests, irrespective of their current forms.

Dhawan kept playing T20s and got preferred over a then young Rahul. This despite Rahul having the best strike rate and average combo in T20Is for India.

I can go on ... but you get the drift.

In such a scenario, it is no wonder that Pant, Kuldeep. Shaw etc. have all lost confidence.

Youngsters need to be given the feeling that you are one of us. And that is not being done by this TM.

Edited by express bowling

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And they will learn to play pace and bounce. 

SA wkts are flat in LOI now , last two times when india n pak went they were infact on slower side. In joburg ball travels like in chinnaswamy. Even durban is flat now and ofcourse the small grounds

I liked these pitches that has seperated guys like archer, nortje, rabada, bumrah from others. Long grounds bought spinners back in play and our hitters all had to adjust a bit due to sluggish nature. If anything in last few yrs its the sluggish pitches which our batsman hasnt enjoyed. The 2nd edition of IPL that happened in Sa was the end of ther seasons and pitches were damn slow. These pitches are still good for everything 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

SA wkts are flat in LOI now , last two times when india n pak went they were infact on slower side. In joburg ball travels like in chinnaswamy. Even durban is flat now and ofcourse the small grounds

Some flat pitches can and do have pace and and bounce.

You will still find quite a few flat pitches in SA which have pace and bounce.

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

On a different note, I think the TM now are failing to handle youngsters properly. Pant has been quite dominant in the IPL and domestically for quite a while and so has Shaw. One would have thought time with the India squad would have improved their game but they look mentally shot. Khaleel has also regressed. On the other hand more seasoned debuters like Agarwal and Saini to some extent seems to have improved their game. Rahul took his time and hopefully has managed to survive his struggling phase. Verdict is not yet out on Iyer but lets hope he does well. Is handing debut to prodigious youngsters the right way to go? Or is it a problem with India only?

58 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I understand your points but why have their domestic performances regressed. I can understand their international struggles. In 2018 it was like Prithvi Shaw was a second coming of Sehwag with the flair of Lara and what not. Now the commentators are repeatedly pointing out flaws in his technique almost each time he plays a shot. To add to that his fielding shortcomings have been glaringly exposed. Pant can't seem to get his timing right even against mediocre bowlers. Neither of the two have looked to emulate the one unquestionable good quality about Kohli(other than his batting) which is his strict regimental diet and fitness. I am curious about what kind of mental advice these guys get?

In short this year has been extremely tough to some individuals, believe me

Need to be patient with these guys for atleast 2 years

Naturally every youngster takes 5-6 years to find his feet in competitive cricket given they start very young as these two are

I will not dismiss them for atleast 2-3 years

57 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah  ... 4 overs ... 14 runs ... 4 wickets.

On a day when Rabada and Nortje were taken to the cleaners.

Bhogle must be crying

Or did he say "perhaps Bumrah had a clause in his contract that he will not be hit for more than 6 runs/over" that's what he heaped on Archer everytime he was on his delivery stride

1 hour ago, maniac said:

sure but IPL is not net practice, it is a billion $$$ tournament where teams have invested a lot of money.

I was just kidding though, I understood where @Mosher is coming from.

didn't 2009 edition happen in south africa? I remember it being a success, so don't see why it will be different now.