Life expectancy for India at 69.4 yrs; Delhi, Kerala top; CG, UP, MP, Assam pull it down.

randomGuy

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

What’s the point of living past 70?

(1) Be promoted from ICF unkil to ICF grampa.

(2) Post ceaselessly on ICF about:

• how to live a sanskaari life.
  • why things were better in 1985 when you were 15 years old. 
  • all the reasons cricketers in the 1970s - 2010s were superior to the current ones.
  • why cricket was a gentleman's game during Virat Kohli's time but has deteriorated so much.
  • why T20 cricket was so strategically superior (real cricket, I say) compared to the Six-six quick fix money-making leagues. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 hours ago, FischerTal said:

What’s the point of living past 70?

Reminiscing your life with songs like...

Ye daulat bhi le lo, ye shohrat bhi le lo
Bhale cheen lo mujhse meri jawaani
Magar mujhko lauta do bachchpan ka saawan
Wo kagaz ki kashti wo barish ka pani
Wo kagaz ki kashti wo barish ka pani

Although, nothing can replace your "jawaani", I would want to live to eat Masale Dosay from Vidyarthi Bhavan and Mysore Pak from Asha Sweets, once a week.

Zest for life never ends (hopefully).

On 10/7/2020 at 8:49 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

(1) Be promoted from ICF unkil to ICF grampa.

(2) Post ceaselessly on ICF about:

• how to live a sanskaari life.
  • why things were better in 1985 when you were 15 years old. 
  • all the reasons cricketers in the 1970s - 2010s were superior to the current ones.
  • why cricket was a gentleman's game during Virat Kohli's time but has deteriorated so much.
  • why T20 cricket was so strategically superior (real cricket, I say) compared to the Six-six quick fix money-making leagues. 

Well certainly you can do all those things lol, but quality of life degrades past 70... maybe 75.

having volunteered at a nursing home, I can attest to this fact. It’s the most depressing place in the world to be. 

I was in charge of recreational activities for the senior citizens there. One Sunday, we had arranged Bingo for them. I went and hauled every single senior from their Individual rooms to the Game room. I was the caller and repeatedly, I never got a single response from any of them. Half of them were half-asleep and unresponsive due to their therapeutic regimen and the other half just couldn’t care enough to participate.  Their still and abject faces made me believe that they could care less about their lives and were waiting for the sweet release of death. I really wanted to get out of there but I had made a commitment to be there for 2 months during my Summer vacation so I stuck to it, but for those 2 months, I felt as if I had been part of a dystopian state. 

PS: don’t even get me started on the staff that worked there. Evil people

Edited by FischerTal

4 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Well certainly you can do all those things lol, but quality of life degrades past 70... maybe 75.

having volunteered at a nursing home, I can attest to this fact. It’s the most depressing place in the world to be. 

I was in charge of recreational activities for the senior citizens there. One Sunday, we had arranged Bingo for them. I went and hauled every single senior from their Individual rooms to the Game room. I was the caller and repeatedly, I never got a single response from any of them. Half of them were half-asleep and unresponsive due to their therapeutic regimen and the other half just couldn’t care enough to participate.  Their still and abject faces made me believe that they could care less about their lives and were waiting for the sweet release of death. I really wanted to get out of there but I had made a commitment to be there for 2 months during my Summer vacation so I stuck to it, but for those 2 months, I felt as if I had been part of a dystopian state. 

PS: don’t even get me started on the staff that worked there. Evil people

Kudos to you for serving the elderly.  You may have hated it, but you stuck it out and did it.  Total respect :hatsoff: 

5 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Kudos to you for serving the elderly.  You may have hated it, but you stuck it out and did it.  Total respect :hatsoff: 

Well it wasn’t just because I did it to serve the elderly. I won’t lie. I needed something for my med school resume as well. These days, competition is tough man. Unless you volunteer for like 200 hours minimum at a hospital or a nursing care facility with a solid GPA and MCAT score, you are not going to get in anywhere, neither MD, DO or the Carribean.

42 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Well it wasn’t just because I did it to serve the elderly. I won’t lie. I needed something for my med school resume as well. These days, competition is tough man. Unless you volunteer for like 200 hours minimum at a hospital or a nursing care facility with a solid GPA and MCAT score, you are not going to get in anywhere, neither MD, DO or the Carribean.

Believe me, I know.  I've been serving as a pre-med adviser for 13 years now.  It shows your commitment, and that you are willing to put up with crappy experiences to achieve your goals.  All the best to you.  Are you applying for the 2021 cycle?