All Rounders Do Not Exist Part - II

Khota

19 minutes ago, Khota said:

Playing atthe top you face the best. 

he also faced starc's pie shop at the beginning. but he faced the same bowlers when he is in the partnership with hardik didn't he? what excuse does he have for scoring zero boundaries against zampa and maxi? 

Funny that some are finding fault in Dhawan and Pandya who were top 2 scorers 

Dhawan survived when Hazelwood ran through the top order and ensured India was not 5 down. If Dhawan had been out like others facing few balls, the new ball bowlers would have had Jadeja and others for fun.

Pandya got a good partner in Dhawan today to scire faster than Dhawan but someone to build a innings of 90. 

The match was lost after those 4 wickets, without Dhawan and Pandya it would have been a loss by 200 or more. At least thise two saved India's face. Surprised they both are getting criticized. Just like how top 3 are usually blamed for India's lost, now is the time for those who have scored more.

Edited by Straight Drive
2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Funny that some are finding fault in Dhawan and Pandya who were top 2 scorers 

Dhawan survived when Hazelwood ran through the top order and ensured India was not 5 down. If Dhawan had been out like others facing few balls, the new ball bowlers would have had Jadeja and others for fun.

Pandya got a good partner in Dhawan today to scire faster than Dhawan but someone to build a innings of 90. 

The match was lost after those 4 wickets, without Dhawan and Pandya it would have been a loss by 200 or more. At least thise two saved India's face. Surprised they both are getting criticized. Just like how top 3 are usually blamed for India's lost, now is the time for those who have scored more.

There is nothing funny.

There are vested interests on this board that cannot stand Dhawan irrespective of what he does.

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

he also faced starc's pie shop at the beginning. but he faced the same bowlers when he is in the partnership with hardik didn't he? what excuse does he have for scoring zero boundaries against zampa and maxi? 

Why does he need excuses when he has more than done his part.

11 hours ago, Khota said:

Hardik runs were garbage time and Dhawan was building it up when players were dropping left and right.

ur fav gambhir has some disagreement with you

He says- No one in squad has firepower like hardik so at 6 he owns the place as batsman alone, the only time team had a chance in the game was when he was batting

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur fav gambhir has some disagreement with you

He says- No one in squad has firepower like hardik so at 6 he owns the place as batsman alone, the only time team had a chance in the game was when he was batting

Gambhir is my favorite but I disagree. The game was lost after few wkts dropped. Pandya was a non factor at that point.

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

Gambhir is my favorite but I disagree. The game was lost after few wkts dropped. Pandya was a non factor at that point.

That's the root of the problem. In absence of big hundreds from one or more amongst Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli are not there, the team struggles to score even 325. How many mayches Indian team has scored 325 in when Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli have not scored well. I doubt must be one or two occasions if at all. Same was the case yesterday, the match was lost as Sharma was not there as one of the big scorer, Dhawan did not contribute a big one and Kohli hot out very cheaply. 

11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

That's the root of the problem. In absence of big hundreds from one or more amongst Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli are not there, the team struggles to score even 325. How many mayches Indian team has scored 325 in when Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli have not scored well. I doubt must be one or two occasions if at all. Same was the case yesterday, the match was lost as Sharma was not there as one of the big scorer, Dhawan did not contribute a big one and Kohli hot out very cheaply. 

That exactly is the problem. Dhawan/Kohli/Sharma have to come thru and in this case two out of three should have done an excellent job.

The bigger problem was Australia had more experienced bats who have been doing it for a while.

India had inexperience in Agarwal/Iyer but in the long run they will come thru.

I am not sure KL doing two duties is the right approach. He walks into the team just on the basis of batting.

You win some and lose some. Lost to a better team that day so no big deal. Get ready for the next one and contain the runs.

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats what he said game was lost at start only but india just had a bit of chance with pandya innings although the target was unreachable 

I see progress. From chance to bit of chance.

Pandya scored garbage runs in garbage time.

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Guess who all performed yesterday 

1. Pandya
  2. Pollard
  3. Stokes
  4. Maxwell
  5. Stonis 
  6. Sam curran

There are multiple sports I follow and there is only one cricket team I follow. Pandya was not an allrounder yestreday and had no impact on the game.