Tenet (Nolan)

zen

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

matlab movie dekney se pehley physics ki class karni hogi... Relativity ,time travel, quantum physics sab samjhna padega..:goodnight:

It is basically a spy film where the spies are trying to stop a global villain (a Bond type of villain, underplayed by Branagh)  who wants to destroy the world (whatever the motivation) using a future technology (it can be anything like in Star Trek there is the "transporter") .... The challenges can be related to: 

• Keeping track of the events as people go back in time and even cross paths w/ themselves 
  • Dialogues as some of them are lower in volume (drowned by the background score) or even spoken in reverse (due to certain aspects of the film). However, many of such dialogues are causal and/or designed to be low volume or spoken in reverse (as events are later shown from a different angle) 
  • The film is shot intelligently, requiring the audiences to make certain connections (so there is minimum exposition and people may need to watch it multiple times to make certain connections)

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, zen said:

It is basically a spy film where the spies are trying to stop a global villain (a Bond type of villain, underplayed by Branagh)  who wants to destroy the world (whatever the motivation) using a future technology (it can be anything like in Star Trek there is the "transporter") .... The challenges can be related to: 

• Keeping track of the events as people go back in time too and even cross paths w/ themselves 
  • Dialogues as some of them are lower in volume (drowned by the background score). However, many of such lowered dialogues are causal and/or designed to be low volume (as events are later shown from a different angle) 

Back ground score is amazing in trailer that i give him, though it's not Hans Zimmer.

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Back ground score is amazing in trailer that i give him, though it's not Hans Zimmer.

Score is good .... the cinematography (by Hoyte van Hoytema) is brilliant .... The IMAX sequences make you feel like you are there .... Many of the sequences are shot on water (boats/ships) so it brings some sort of uniqueness 

In terms of picture quality, the 4K disc is reference material esp. for the full screen IMAX shots, which are plenty in the film 

This is an expensive film ($200-300M). Nolan has spent it nicely on IMAX sequences, blowing up big planes, and so on .... No Time to Die probably has a budget around $250-300M too .... Too bad that film was released during pandemic as many people could not see it in theatres but still managed to gross over $350M world wide 

Watched it yesterday night, was clueless most of the time, very complicated. Have to watch it a few more times I guess. I am sure there are many YT channels and articles dissecting the plot. will look at them after a rewatch.

Edited by Gollum