Tenet (Nolan)

zen

Just finished watching Tenet .... This is a well crafted sci-fi spy thriller (right down my alley) .... Probably the best Nolan film since Inception :hmmmm:

4K transfer is stunning. On the disc, it switched from full screen IMAX sequences (not available on digital) to the ones with black bar. Once you get used to the IMAX full screen sequences, it is difficult to go back to the black bars :p:

Many folks have had issues with the low volume dialogues but I did not have such issues in general. The "lower" dialogues were mostly casual ones or designed that way (as many of the sequences are played out from different PoV). At times, I did have to lower the volume as the bass kicked in loudly (a minor inconvenience)

How do you rate this film? 

14 minutes ago, velu said:

Yet to watch ..

reviews are universally bad :mad:

Many have found the film difficult to understand, compounded by relatively muted dialogues (though they are mostly casual ones or intended to be such as many sequences are repeated from a new perspective) 

It is not an average big budget film. Nolan may have gone for the broke so either you like it or do not. 

Ideally, Tenet should be watched like a spy thriller (a mesh of 007, Night Manager, etc.) but below is a fan made graphic (theory) involving the forward and reverse timelines:

SPOLER ALERT 

sljeqyb80wl51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, velu said:

i think you may need to watch few more times :giggle:

tenor.gif

There are various nuances .... I ll watch it multiple times since it is in my library 

<spoiler>

For e.g.  Neil dies (the guy with the backpack who takes the bomb from the protaginist in the concert segment at the beginning), towards the end the focus is on the backpack for audiences to make a connection 

</spoiler>