Jump to content
zen

Will the Kiwis finally cash in at world events?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, zen said:

 

That is playing against "only"  Eng though ... In the last 20 years, NZ has been up and down as a test side iirc 

 

Yeah past records don't matter and this is arguably the best NZ team ever. But the same logic also applies to India. I posted this to dispel the myth that NZ do very well in English conditions compared to us. 

 

I feel the only advantage NZ have is that they are playing a series in ENG just before the final. Otherwise they have chinks in their armour too. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

 

Yeah past records don't matter and this is arguably the best NZ team ever. But the same logic also applies to India. I posted this to dispel the myth that NZ do very well in English conditions compared to us. 

 

I feel the only advantage NZ have is that they are playing a series in ENG just before the final. Otherwise they have chinks in their armour too. 

 

Unfortunately, those records do not dispel the "myth" as they may have played shorter series involving 3 or less tests (players could be in different form from both sides), while Ind may have played more series involving 4 ot 5 tests (also played twice as many games in that period), allowing it to do relatively better ... based on past records, Ind would have not hoped to do well in the 1983 WC in Eng for e.g. ... what matters is the current form 

Edited by zen
Link to post
7 minutes ago, zen said:

 

Unfortunately, those records do not dispel the "myth" as they may have played shorter series involving 3 or less tests (players could be in different form from both sides), while Ind may have played more series involving 4 ot 5 tests (also played twice as many games in that period), allowing it to do relatively better ... based on past records, Ind would have not hoped to do well in the 1983 WC in Eng for e.g. ... what matters is the current form 

 

Short series are a double edged sword. SL won a 2 test series in England in 2014. Don't think they would have won a 5 match series. Hell even we would have won 1-0 in 2014, if it had been a short series. Agree with rest of your points. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, AuxiliA said:

 

Short series are a double edged sword. SL won a 2 test series in England in 2014. Don't think they would have won a 5 match series. Hell even we would have won 1-0 in 2014, if it had been a short series. Agree with rest of your points. 

 

Again it would not tell much as there can be various factors. what matters is the current form ... NZ has been an up and down test team. Even in the 80s, it won mainly because of Hadlee ... 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, zen said:

 

Again it would not tell much as there can be various factors. what matters is the current form ... NZ has been an up and down test team. Even in the 80s, it won mainly because of Hadlee ... 

 

Who do you think is in better form rn. Ind or NZ? 

 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

 

Who do you think is in better form rn. Ind or NZ? 

 


If NZ play more tests in Eng, it would be better prepared ... also depends upon conditions 

 

Good thing is that a draw would mean both teams sharing the title 

 

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...