Jump to content
zen

Will the Kiwis finally cash in at world events?

Recommended Posts

2021 has two major world events lined up:

 

WTC Final in Eng

T20 WC in Ind

 

At world events, the Kiwis tend to step up their game to some how find a way to make it to the last stage(s) but they also tend falter at the final hurdle - 2015 and 2019 WC F for e.g. 

 

Currently, Kiwis are among the favorites to play the WTC final. A bit of green on the pitch at Lord’s could work to their advantage (if they make it)
 

T20 WC. Kiwis have found a good balance b/w youth (Jamieson, Philips, ....) and experience (Williamson, Boult, Ferguson, ....), so if they play per their abilities in the competition, they would be among the favorites to lift the title 

 

Will the Kiwis finally cash in at world events in 2021?


 

PS Kiwis won the CT in 2000 (but yet to open their account at world cups/titles) 

Edited by zen
Link to post

WTC F against Aus at Lord's no chance. They are mental midgets every time they face Aus and at Lord's Aussies are almost unstoppable. Against India they will start as favorites purely looking at how the 2 teams have done in Eng in the recent past.

 

T20 WC they will be massive underdogs against WI, Eng....simply don't have the ability to match their firepower. Slight underdogs against Aus, marginal favorites against Ind and runaway favorites against all other teams. To win the trophy they need a favorable draw, like India in SF/F  (mental block and our choking abilities) and a team like RSA/Pak/SL/BD/Afg in the other KO. 

 

If I were a betting man I'd lean towards Aus in WTC and Eng/WI in the T20 WC. Kiwis will have to wait longer. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
1 hour ago, Norman said:

Nope. No chance. Unless Australia fukks up this series and in SAF (unlikely) and they get to play their bogey team at Lords......us spacer.png

 

They won't even make the SF of the T20 WC lol.

It'll be Aus Eng Ind and WI/Pak.

 

 

They will fck Pakistan day in and day out in every format anywhere

WI are beast in T20s given their Saiyyan level sloggers

But NZ are easily top3/4 in each format

Link to post
They will fck Pakistan day in and day out in every format anywhere
WI are beast in T20s given their Saiyyan level sloggers
But NZ are easily top3/4 in each format

Pak are slight favourites (for the SF spot.. nothing more than that) because of familiar subcontinental conditions. They have darters like Imad who will do the job nicely in T20s just like Sundar does.

So I think semi lineup will be England, Australia India and one of Windies/Pakistan. Ofcourse all will depend on how groups are divided but there's no way India, Aus and England will be in the same group.
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Norman said:


Pak are slight favourites (for the SF spot.. nothing more than that) because of familiar subcontinental conditions. They have darters like Imad who will do the job nicely in T20s just like Sundar does.

So I think semi lineup will be England, Australia India and one of Windies/Pakistan. Ofcourse all will depend on how groups are divided but there's no way India, Aus and England will be in the same group.

Eng & India are in same group I think.  Even Saffers are there.  It's a group of death.  

I believe these are the groups:

 

Group 1

Australia

Pakistan

West Indies

New Zealand

Q1

Q4

 

Group 2

India

England

South Africa

Afghanistan

Q2

Q3

 

Q1-Q4 are likely to be Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Ireland, and one of Scotland/Netherlands/Papua New Guinea/Oman/Namibia.

Link to post

Aussies are looking out of gas at the moment. They also got mental block against South Africa, not to mention smith and Warner will be traveling there with sandpaper scars.. smith also has comparatively poor record in SA. All these elements coming together, I can see india vs NZ final at lords and who knows with a level headed captain and good swing bowlers, they can easily trounce us

Link to post
36 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Aussies are looking out of gas at the moment. They also got mental block against South Africa, not to mention smith and Warner will be traveling there with sandpaper scars.. smith also has comparatively poor record in SA. All these elements coming together, I can see india vs NZ final at lords and who knows with a level headed captain and good swing bowlers, they can easily trounce us

Australia have a terrific record in SA bar last series.  At least this SA will not trouble them. 

Hendricks,  Rabada,  Nortje That's not a earth shattering attack.  Quota rule at least will not allow a strong SA. 

Last time an ABD special gave them their first ever home series win over Aus since readmission. 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, Jay said:

Toss will decide who wins. Pakistan will win T20 WC and then they will wake up. 

When did Kohli last won a toss ? Ashwin should be Capt of the test team.

Edited by Dery
Link to post

India are a better overall test team than NZ without a doubt. They would start as strong favorites had the final not been in England. 

 

However, India's aversion to English conditions and the fact that NZ are playing a test series in England just before the final, makes it an even contest. 

 

Btw NZ have even worse record in England in the last 20 years than India. 

IMG_20210408_114618.jpg

Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Btw NZ have even worse record in England in the last 20 years than India.

 

That is playing against "only" Eng though ... In the last 20 years, NZ has been up and down as a test side iirc ,and only played 1/2 as many tests as Ind from the data you posted ...  right now, it is playing good cricket 

Edited by zen
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...