Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

1 minute ago, Khota said:

You with two masters and cant read a graph. I thought I have seen it all.

*Sigh* 

Getting back to topic .. why has Punjab the state not been able invest in other industries for 70 yrs? Is it a lack of education or ppl getting used to the drug of getting subsidies for agriculture and not needing to diversify? 

8 minutes ago, bharathh said:

*Sigh* 

Getting back to topic .. why has Punjab the state not been able invest in other industries for 70 yrs? Is it a lack of education or ppl getting used to the drug of getting subsidies for agriculture and not needing to diversify? 

Fair question.

Industrialization needs money pumped in from central government. Once that is done then the support industry can start. Punjab was targetted as a agricultural state by the centre and that is why we are where we are.

11 minutes ago, bharathh said:

*Sigh* 

Everything I see posted by you I take it with a grain of salt. You and the other genius on this board @coffee_rules were mocking me when I said the BJP government is undercounting covid cases in India and they maybe as high as 100's of millions. have you come around on that argument or still believe the BS spouted by the goverment of few million cases.

This is a credibility test.

19 minutes ago, Khota said:

Fair question.

Industrialization needs money pumped in from central government. Once that is done then the support industry can start. Punjab was targetted as a agricultural state by the centre and that is why we are where we are.

Each state can set up its own industries. It does not require central funding to plan its future. What have successive govts in Punjab been doing so far? Also - what plans does the current govt have to diversify its portfolio of industries? Despite its current condition if there are no plans for Punjab to diversify - then its a prob with Punjab and the ppl of Punjab. The rest of the country cannot be held hostage due to this.

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

Everything I see posted by you I take it with a grain of salt. You and the other genius on this board @coffee_rules were mocking me when I said the BJP government is undercounting covid cases in India and they maybe as high as 100's of millions. have you come around on that argument or still believe the BS spouted by the goverment of few million cases.

This is a credibility test.

I would still mock you on that :)

Your numbers are pulled out of thin air. 

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

The person @coffee_rules you mentioned in your post had posted on the other Farmers protest thread ( by @speedheat ) a mock photo of the scumbag corrupt judge Moron ass*hole Bobde seated on a bike while the farmers were braving the winter at the Delhi Border & many had already died....the lowlife message was..." We have the justice system on our side"..I lost respect for that person to whom...a corrupt party & their hoodlums in the justice system mattered more than poor people's lives....what a shame & utter disgrace!!

The worst person, in my opinion, is the guy who mocks hard working blood dripping farmers and is a sycophant of clown Modi.This site is full of such sychophants including admins and mods.They are referred to as bhakts for a reason. complete embarrassment.

I've stopped taking this site seriously, and I suppose there's no point in debating because these bhakts will keep spouting some Bs narrative to protect stupid Modi, and we'll never come to a conclusion.

Just look at the Bengal election thread polls  here the BJP received the most votes lmao while the Bhakts received klpd in the end.

Lmao

Edited by speedheat

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

The person @coffee_rules you mentioned in your post had posted on the other Farmers protest thread ( by @speedheat ) a mock photo of the scumbag corrupt judge Moron ass*hole Bobde seated on a bike while the farmers were braving the winter at the Delhi Border & many had already died....the lowlife message was..." We have the justice system on our side"..I lost respect for that person to whom...a corrupt party & their hoodlums in the justice system mattered more than poor people's lives....what a shame & utter disgrace!!

Edit: People who laugh at the misery & death of the poor are the lowest type you can come across.

Noone asked the "farmers" to dig up an asian highway - and destroy the entire area. They did so on their own volition - so why would anyone feel for them? 

I felt more for the poor apartment and business owners who have been hijacked by these so called protestors. There is a mall in the stretch that has been dug up that has been forced to become a ghost town. Noone talks about all those folks who lost their jobs due to these "farmers". Noone talks about the hours it takes to traverse what used to take 10 mins on a highway affecting the lives and businesses of thousands all in the name of politics. 

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

I would still mock you on that :)

Your numbers are pulled out of thin air. 

Mock is all you can do. Go check any legitimate site. Those numbers are correct and you are wrong as usual.

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

Each state can set up its own industries. It does not require central funding to plan its future. What have successive govts in Punjab been doing so far? Also - what plans does the current govt have to diversify its portfolio of industries? Despite its current condition if there are no plans for Punjab to diversify - then its a prob with Punjab and the ppl of Punjab. The rest of the country cannot be held hostage due to this.

States dont have money for that. They can barely pay their bills.

karnatka is the biggest welfare state and progress is because of money pumped in by the central govt. on the PSU's etc. You guys do not walk on water and are the biggest pensionjeevi.

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Noone asked the "farmers" to dig up an asian highway - and destroy the entire area. They did so on their own volition - so why would anyone feel for them? 

I felt more for the poor apartment and business owners who have been hijacked by these so called protestors. There is a mall in the stretch that has been dug up that has been forced to become a ghost town. Noone talks about all those folks who lost their jobs due to these "farmers". Noone talks about the hours it takes to traverse what used to take 10 mins on a highway affecting the lives and businesses of thousands all in the name of politics. 

And you dont feel for farmers who can barely make a living. They work for living and people in PSU's are collecting a paycheck. Most likely you are one of those free loaders mocking the farmers.

13 hours ago, Khota said:

As a state Karnatka has a lot to fall back on besides farming. Punjab does not and that is what I am trying to say.

Is this protest by state govt? 

Farmers of Karnataka are poorer and no way industries can absorb all of them. 

Why will farmer of Karnataka think that bad laws are ok for them as they have 500 PSUs in state? 

So your reasoning still doesn't explain why farmers of Karnataka aren't joining. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

And you dont feel for farmers who can barely make a living. They work for living and people in PSU's are collecting a paycheck. Most likely you are one of those free loaders mocking the farmers.

Have you been to the place where these ppl are camped? Have you seen the damage to public property and the surrounding areas? These ppl give a damn about the ppl and businesses they have put out of business for the past year in a Covid year when business is already down and ppl are suffering for jobs. Why should anyone sane person feel any sympathy for these vandals? 

Edited by bharathh

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

Have you been to the place where these ppl are camped? Have you seen the damage to public property and the surrounding areas? These ppl give a damn about the ppl and businesses they have put out of business for the past year in a Covid year when business is already down and ppl are suffering for jobs. Why should anyone sane person feel any sympathy for these vandals

PM calls them parasites and this man calls them vandals. You sir have no shame.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Is this protest by state govt? 

Farmers of Karnataka are poorer and no way industries can absorb all of them. 

Why will farmer of Karnataka think that bad laws are ok for them as they have 500 PSUs in state? 

So your reasoning still doesn't explain why farmers of Karnataka aren't joining. 

Because Karnatka farmers dont have the widespread support in their state as Punjab farmers.

5 hours ago, Khota said:

PM calls them parasites and this man calls them vandals. You sir have no shame.

I guess you like the vandals don't care about the thousands who are affected by the vandals. And I am shameless. :facepalm:

Also pls share some of the many legitimate sources of data to support your ridiculous covid statements about the infection in India

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

I guess you like the vandals don't care about the thousands who are affected by the vandals. And I am shameless. :facepalm:

Also pls share some of the many legitimate sources of data to support your ridiculous covid statements about the infection in India

Is NYT legitimate enough for you? Or you prefer Pravada.