IPL Auction - My predictions

Tomorrow is the Auction

Eua6LdOXEAUTzwd?format=jpg&name=medium

Here are my predictions

1. MI - Needs to go for fast bowlers and backup spinners- Meredith, Woods, Jhye richardson, Umesh yadav, Bhajji, Mujeeb , Kyle jamison 
  2. CSK- Need a power player and an offie so i think they ll go for Finch and K gowtham or moeen ali . Finch fits their bill- International captain, power player, Experienced player
  3. RR - Needs middle order and some experience to , also a bowler who can support jofra. They can go for Moeen ali, Kyle jamison, Shivam dube, Maxwell, Mujeeb . I wont be surprised if they go for Jadhav as well. Can also go for Dawid malan 
  4. SRH - only has one overseas slot and they need a fast bowler- Wood, Richardson, meredith .....but they can also go for moeen ali or mujeeb making it a combo of Rashid and Mujeeb . Can go for bhajji as well. 
  5. DC- Need power players from 5-7 and a leggie. Can go for Piyush chawla. Since ponting loves maxwell they can go for him. Dube is another one they wud go for. Mujeeb can add teeth to their bowling
  6. KKR- need a top order international one- Malan , Roy, Finch ....Also All rounder like Jamison 
  7. RCB- They shud go for Malan ...Devdutt, kohli, malan, ABDV makes a damn good top 4 and a left right left combo. They need a kepper batsman so they wud go for Hales. They can also go for Mujeeb. Since hesson is their i expect them to for Jamison as well.  Can go for Maxwell 
  8. Punjab - They need someone who can add to Mayank, KL and Pooran...may be Malan or Roy. They need an all rounder badly so Jamison wud be on list. Since kumble is the coach expect them to go for bhajji and even jadhav and umesh.  Moeen ali is another guy 

Individual player prediction

• Jamison- My prediction for the richest guy wud be him but never knw. Can get 10+
  • Dube- He shud have a great pay day. He can go for 6-8 cr
  • Moeen ali- Can go for 6 cr
  • Morris - if fit will attract good bid
  • Maxwell - i expect him to generate heat again 
  • Malan- shud get good money
  • Roy- Another one who get 2cr around
  • Finch- wont get much
  • Shakib- might go unsold or not at a very high cost
  • Jhye richardson - Another guy i expect to get 2-4 cr
  • Mujeeb- will get good money
  • Bhajji - might just go on base price but few teams need an offie that to of international experience
  • Umesh- Lets see how many teams go after him
  • Gowtham - will get around 2-3 cr
  • Jadhav - lets see , teams can still go for him as he scored in SMA
  • Myers can be the surprise package 
  • Steve smith - I dnt expect much bidding for him

With England , SA, NZ player set to miss some matches that cud also impact the auction. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Oh yes i missed him but he wont go that big . 2-4 cr that wud be it.

If he goes unsold it wont surprise me a bit

His reputation itself will guarantee him a buy.

Have a feeling CSK will go for him, he will be the guy taking forward the Hussey/ Faf role in the future. One of those players you can build the franchise around.

Just now, maniac said:

His reputation itself will guarantee him a buy.

Have a feeling CSK will go for him, he will be the guy taking forward the Hussey/ Faf role in the future. One of those players you can build the franchise around.

CSK possible but its just a one year team and they badly need a power player so finch suits them more. 

They can look for captain in next yr mega auction. CSK believes in present more then building future.

May be KKR or Punjab can go for him, but KKR follows moneyball theory in which smith wont show much returns

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kyle Jamieson will be around in the IPL. Get the feeling his batting will be the stronger suit in T20

Thats to be seen- Auction doesnt go like that. They will go with hype and who fits the bill. 

Then whatever happens happens. We have seen many overpaid ppl in past and much more senseless....with jamison its unknown. 

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Jameison would fetch good amount but not gonna be the richest. Franchises don't know his value outside NZ.

Maxwell gonna be rich again. Harbhajan will finally play for Punjab this year.

Richest depend on how many franchises go after u 

Jamison , Moeen ali are kind of players who will fit in any side from 1-8 any side. So expect a war. If starc was there i wud have said starc. 

With maxwell few teams have already burned their hands so not every team will go after him but jamison is unknown so every team can go after him.

Teams do their homework and  at this point jamieson has made some hype about him. If cameron green wud have dont he wud have gone for a price to

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Richest depend on how many franchises go after u 

Jamison , Moeen ali are kind of players who will fit in any side from 1-8 any side. So expect a war. If starc was there i wud have said starc. 

With maxwell few teams have already burned their hands so not every team will go after him but jamison is unknown so every team can go after him

Maxwell fits into very nicely into a lot of teams like RCB, CSK, KKR, SRH & even Punjab. Ponting adores Maxwell, so Delhi will go for him as well. 

Another player you are underestimating is Sakib, he will be on radar of many franchise. Definitely a better pick then unheralded Jameison.

Amongst Indian, I think Umesh will get good bucks.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Maxwell fits into very nicely into a lot of teams like RCB, CSK, KKR, SRH & even Punjab. Ponting adores Maxwell, so Delhi will go for him as well. 

Another player you are underestimating is Sakib, he will be on radar of many franchise. Definitely a better pick then unheralded Jameison.

Amongst Indian, I think Umesh will get good bucks.

Oh he does but his number of bad season is the negative. That estimation has failed but he will still get rich

I expect RCB, DC to go after him

Shakib issue is lack of power game , He fits in top 3 which most teams have . He can fit in Punjab but not many sides. He wasnt much of help in SRH and KKR so that follows him. MI dont need him and CSK already has jaddu and santner. DC has Axar , SRH released him . So he doesnt have many teams left to go after him. 

Punjab can go for him, RR is another one .

Shakib competes with Moeen - Moeen is a much better t20 player for franchises coz of his attacking game

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually cameron green is another, but he isnt bowling at his best neither his LOI game is that developed or else he wud have been among my top choices. But with auction n all rounders you never know 

KKR can go for him but that wud be an investment which they already have many which is current results arent great

KKR can go for him but that wud be an investment which they already have many which is current results arent great

his bowling looked average in Australia of all places and his batting looks more in the Kallis mould than Watson, also don’t think he played big bash due to the Ind-Aus series. Apart from hype he has nothing to show for.