Badri!

zubinpepsi

This guy is jus classs...... its time he shud b tried in the test... its a shame tht hes not even being discussed in the team selection inspite of him piling runs for fun in the domeestic..... hes more in the league of a Dravid.... He can be a good 1 down batsman...

Seems to be in that league but has an edgy technique compared to Dravid's solid compact technique. It is a shame he hasn't been given a chance in the tests though. Lets hope this will get him into the ODI team at least and from there, if he impresses Dhoni, he can move to the Test team as well.

Graphics...Dhoni is not the selector or the all powerful man in indian cricket..that Badri needs to impress him... If Badri has class and talent..he will come up.. Raina and Badri showed some good skills in 20-20..unlike Jaffer the dufffer.. i am sure.. a talent like Badri will surely come up in the ranks of Test team at least..

No nonsense player, terrific style and sound head. I quite liked Badri's placement and he hardly looked in any kind of pressure batting with the likes of Hussey. Definitely worth inH vesting in him. He will make a fantastic cricketer for India in all formats.

badrinath should be given a chance. hit 31* off only 14 balls & played some innovative shots as well. can also hit 6s if required & score quickly. he played similar shots in the 1-day match against soth africa a as well scoring 88*

and this is wat Dhoni wrote about Badri in his latest column in cricketnext.com my hunch is we ll b seeing Badri in Indian colors soon... Go Badri:two_thumbs_up: Our franchisee did not pressurise us Posted on May 13, 2008 at 23 : 53CommentComments EmailEmailPrint Print MS DHONI It's good to be back to our winning ways once again, with two victories in our last two games. I don't believe in anything like momentum when it comes to Twenty20 cricket, because, as we have seen in this tournament, you win some and lose some. At this stage in the tournament, the tussle for the semi-finals has got intense, but two sides, the Bangalore Royal Challengers and Hyderabad Deccan Chargers are out of the running. This does not mean that they will not make an impact on the semi-finals any more. In fact, they are even more dangerous now because they have nothing to lose, but could still spoil the party for some semi-final hopefuls. The Deccan Chargers had a very strong batting line-up, and even though their bowling was their weaker suit, it was more than compensated by the team's hard hitting ability. Unfortunately, they were not able to win at regular intervals and the pressure got to the players. Fortunately, we were able to break the chain of losses quickly, and for that I would also like to mention the role played by our franchisee. Having had a long association with cricket, they knew that in this sport winning and losing are part of the game, and they were more interested in the effort than in the result. There was no pressure, subtle or obvious exerted on us, and we were allowed to play our natural game. As far as our performance is concerned it's great to see local talent express itself for the Super Kings. L. Balaji is no stranger to international cricket, but his comeback after a lay-off and injury has been remarkable. We were not really worried about his injury, but we were concerned that he might not be match fit because he had not played cricket for quite a long time. However, he has proved to be an asset, a bowler who will complete his four overs for a reasonable amount of runs, and who has a well-disguised slower ball. I am also impressed with Subramaniam Badrinath who has contributed in almost every game. He is a very intense cricketer, who is involved in all aspects of the game and who knows his role in the side and what he has to do. It also helps that he is a very good fielder. I am also pretty pleased with my own performance in the tournament so far. I know that I might not score a century, but I see my role more as a playmaker and finisher and it's satisfying that I have made quality runs rather than a large quantity of runs. As far as captaincy is concerned, I get the credit, but the team actually has been a great one to lead. We are in Mumbai for our encounter against the Mumbai Indians, and I am actually missing Chennai! We have made Dublin, the nightclub in our Chennai hotel, into our hub, and win or lose, we have a party there. Hopefully, we will be celebrating a win when we get back to Chennai.

I have heard a lot of good things about him and have high expectations of him. Hope he is consistent for India's sake. He will need to perform consistently in a number of matches to really shine out in a healthy competition. Hope he does well, good luck to him.