IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I understand eyegun may not be 100% accurate. It depends on perception as well.

In the bowling machine box cricket, I was able to play 130kph deliveries & off spin without any issues. But I struggled against left arm spin, I was always late against that. 

That's quite good.

33 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I understand eyegun may not be 100% accurate. It depends on perception as well.

In the bowling machine box cricket, I was able to play 130kph deliveries & off spin without any issues. But I struggled against left arm spin, I was always late against that. 

I highly doubt Tait akthar or Lee would average 160 now. It would be 157 max. 158

2 minutes ago, Kron said:

Never express. 140 to 150 Max in t20

Anyway I don't consider 4 over bowlers express even if they do 150 plus

Express need to show in tests. Wood does it and nortje 

Burger does 136 to 144 max in tests. In his 4th spell he started trundling too.

for me even 1 ball is enough ,provided it aint an error,atleast it's an express ball ,if not an over or spell.

Posted (edited)

For people who are disappointed with Harshit's pace .... he is obviously not bowling flat out.  Looking for variations and slower balls half the time.

Moreover, he is coming back from injury.

But he is still hitting 144 k, 143 k.

I am sure he will cross 147 k when he is fully match fit and gets a pitch where he can bowl flat out. 

Edited by express bowling

28 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

for me even 1 ball is enough ,provided it aint an error,atleast it's an express ball ,if not an over or spell.

Umran in IPL. Kartik and Mayank in domestic have hit 95 mph 152+ in kph. Even Navdeep Saini had clocked 152+ in domestic. 

Harshit has shown that he has the ability to read the match conditions and adapt accordingly.  This is a big plus as we need a thinking quick bowler like Bumrah. ( Thinking medium pacers and dumb quicks won't do )

He has also shown the ability to mix up his pace without losing control. A couple of balls at 140 k+ and then one at 120 k-. This ability will hold him in good stead.

Ability to bowl 137 k to 144 k when he is not at his quickest, is another big plus. And he gets bounce and zip off the deck too. I always like to gauge the potency of a pacer when he is coming back from.injury. 

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harshit has shown that he has the ability to read the match conditions and adapt accordingly.  This is a big plus as we need a thinking quick bowler like Bumrah. ( Thinking medium pacers and dumb quicks won't do )

He has also shown the ability to mix up his pace without losing control. A couple of balls at 140 k+ and then one at 120 k-. This ability will hold him in good stead.

Ability to bowl 137 k to 144 k when he is not at his quickest, is another big plus. And he gets bounce and zip off the deck too. I always like to gauge the potency of a pacer when he is coming back from.injury. 

I just want to see

Harshit bumrah mayank and akashdeep in tandem for tests. Would be brutal

Lucky for me I will be just watching. Good luck to batsmen. 

Edited by Kron

1 hour ago, MK55 said:

So Harshit isn’t express. That leaves us with Umran, Tyagi and Mayank?

Followed by a gap then Bumrah, Akashdeep?

And then Siraj Harshit? Although Siraj’s peak speeds are quicker.

Harshit is quicker than Siraj and probably Akashdeep too. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Harshit is quicker than Siraj and probably Akashdeep too. 

I expect him to be quicker. Hasn’t shown that these couple of games. I know he’s using change of pace but at least a few could have been 145 plus. He’s probably still finding his rhythm. Some more matches will give a larger sample size. 
But I like his aggression and his confidence in bowling slow balls when required.