IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

Yudhvir too has dropped off,

mavi,koti,tyagi,sen,umran,yudhvir,khaleel,yarra,himanshu,mayank,harshit,mohsin,yash t,hangargekar,sushant mishra,gurnoor,sakib,deshpande,akashdeep.These are among the new quicker pacers,how many will make it.

Let's add simarjeet and lefty mukesh as well,as they get mentioned .

Edited by MediumPacer

26 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

Yudhvir too has dropped off,

mavi,koti,tyagi,sen,umran,yudhvir,khaleel,yarra,himanshu,mayank,harshit,sakib,deshpande,akashdeep.These are among the new quicker pacers,how many will make it.

Let's add simranjeet and lefty mukesh as well,as they get mentioned .

It seems to get an early entry ticket to Indian Cricket...a fast bowler has to either

1. Impress in IPL 

OR

2. Get the blessing from some senior

else keep on toiling hard in domestics and someday due to injuries selectors will use the stats filter on espncricinfo and choose your name by playing eenie-meenie-miney-mo.

1 hour ago, Kron said:

After prasidhs performance in SA where Mukesh did better, I don't think he should ever get a chance again. I understand failing cause of nerves etc but that was absolute filth. Disgraceful. 

Agree that Prasidh's reputation was badly dented in that series. He was regarded as a fine bowler and tbh he did well in 50 over format. Just looked out of place there.

He should only be selected now if he literally break the door by outperforming the three Vs of Karnataka.

6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

It seems to get an early entry ticket to Indian Cricket...a fast bowler has to either

1. Impress in IPL 

OR

2. Get the blessing from some senior

else keep on toiling hard in domestics and someday due to injuries selectors will use the stats filter on espncricinfo and choose your name by playing eenie-meenie-miney-mo.

Even ranji debuts are coming too late.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

My picks for tests in Australia ....

Bumrah

Shami

Akashdeep

Harshit

Siraj

Mayank Y / Himanshu C 

Mayank Y might not get the nod. He is very good but in reality he either need to perform in one more Ranji season or really lit IPL on fire to propel him ahead of the race.

Himanshu has a genuine chance, but since it was Mumbai, Vidarbha, TN & MP which qualified for semi's, I don't trust selectors mental capability (hope to be proven wrong though) 

17 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

Even ranji debuts are coming too late.

We have become conservative, I am trying to think when we last gave debut to a fast bowler who was less than 23 years of age.

I can recall last one was Khaleel in 2018, its been 6 years since then.

18 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mayank Y might not get the nod. He is very good but in reality he either need to perform in one more Ranji season or really lit IPL on fire to propel him ahead of the race.

Himanshu has a genuine chance, but since it was Mumbai, Vidarbha, TN & MP which qualified for semi's, I don't trust selectors mental capability (hope to be proven wrong though) 

The Australians always say that it is not a bad idea to try a genuine quick in Australia provided he is sufficiently accurate. And Mayank Y was accurate before injury.

I hope he gets some positive attention in this IPL and makes it to Team India. 

2 hours ago, Kron said:

After prasidhs performance in SA where Mukesh did better, I don't think he should ever get a chance again. I understand failing cause of nerves etc but that was absolute filth. Disgraceful. 

Nobody should be discarded based on just 2 matches. Prasidh has done well in.ODIs.  

I don't rule out the possibility that he was playing hiding some injury because he got fully injured just after that test series. 

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nobody should be discarded based on just 2 matches. Prasidh has done well in.ODIs.  

I don't rule out the possibility that he was playing hiding some injury because he got fully injured just after that test series. 

But he bowled 135 to 145 in that series. Line and length were awful though. No bounce

1 hour ago, Kron said:

But he bowled 135 to 145 in that series. Line and length were awful though. No bounce

He has talent but lacks bowling smarts. Doesn't stick to his strength. Try too many things.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Pradish should have bowled more 140+ kmph balls and try to slip-in few 145+ kmph. There are limitation to his bowling.

He can not bowl in death overs his slower ones come with 24 hour prior notice. Should stick to his strength bowl 140 + kmph sharp bounce and then bowl some yorkers.

Bowling sub 140 kmph does not offer anything in his deliveries. 

19 minutes ago, Kron said:

Gurnoor should get picked too. He is rapid

Was with PBKS played 1 match bowled 1/2 overs and then never played again. They did nt even pick him this season.

Not able to make it to domestic team. 

BCCI should have a program for bowlers now. They bring them in train in NCA and then work with IPL/Domestic teams to find contracts and game time