IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

2 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

All of the 5 quickest deliveries today are by Umesh. 142.4 being the quickest.

Mavi, Deshpande etc have been disappointing.

Milne used to be quick and so was Russell. Maybe both are past their prime.

i did not watch the first half of this match.

THis is very impressive show by Umesh.....Lot of swing , 2 wickets and 4 overs 20 runs. first 5 fastest balls by him...pretty impressive. good start by umesh..is he coming back big time??

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

i did not watch the first half of this match.

THis is very impressive show by Umesh.....Lot of swing , 2 wickets and 4 overs 20 runs. first 5 fastest balls by him...pretty impressive. good start by umesh..is he coming back big time??

He was getting movement both ways. He actually was slightly wayward at the beginning so the figures you see could have been even better. It is clear that he has kept working at his game. Has some good new ball skills now.

23 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Umran Tyagi are our only remaining uncapped pace prospects. Nagarkoti and Yash Dayal maybe have an outside chance. Anyone else?

The way trend is showing, all the uncapped pace prospects will become 10k slower by the time they will debut for India.
Mavi is bowling in 130-137 range, I suspect Nagarkoti will be in 135-142 range, which is not bad but far lower than the promise he showed in the U-19 WC.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

The way trend is showing, all the uncapped pace prospects will become 10k slower by the time they will debut for India.
Mavi is bowling in 130-137 range, I suspect Nagarkoti will be in 135-142 range, which is not bad but far lower than the promise he showed in the U-19 WC.

135-142 is good enough if the bowler is really skilled like Cummins or Bumrah (who is a tad quicker). Problem is that in order to gather those skills one has to go through the rigors of Intl cricket which will also take its toll pacewise especially for guys like Nagarkoti who has a slender frame and is known to be injury prone. Umran Malik can be given a look in maybe in some inconsequential ODI series just to give him a feel of international cricket. I thought Sakariya got his break too early.

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Umran Tyagi are our only remaining uncapped pace prospects. Nagarkoti and Yash Dayal maybe have an outside chance. Anyone else?

Hangargekar too.

Umran, Tyagi, Nagarkoti and Dayal are my picks too among uncapped pacers ... but Dayal is still an unknown element.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Isn't that the place where the Americans dropped a nuclear bomb? :confused:

Nagarkoti doesn't sound very Japanese though.

Watch the 2018 U19 WC highlights and you'll know why we keep focussing on Mavi and Nagarkoti. Guys like Shaheen Afridi were reduced to a sidenote in that tournament thanks to these guys.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hangargekar too.

Umran, Tyagi, Nagarkoti and Dayal are my picks too among uncapped pacers ... but Dayal is still an unknown element.

Hangargekar is promising but he was visibly a tad slower than Mavi Nagarkoti or Tyagi in the U19s . Good thing is he is built like a tank and will probably withstand the rigours of competitive cricket better than the rest.