IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

35 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Dnt mind that uncle, he is pissed coz till yesterday eh was spreading nonsense about Mayank not getting selected is political even though he is really fit..

Got slapped in the face by the reality today...

Gaydev......chal nikal patli gali se.

3 minutes ago, TellTheTruth said:

Is this the reason he was rushed back from Injury? All im saying is dont over hype bowlers based on speed gun ratings. let them work on their skills and fitness, dont rush them back from injury, dont play them in international matches if they dont have the skills to succeeds. Akash deep was successful cause he took 100+ wickets in First class cricket, not cause he bowled a few fast deliveries in the IPL.

Mayank performed well in Ranji too..he had injuries there too..155+ excites anybody esp when someone is accurate..

his body needs maturity..how he is handled depends upon BCCI too..Ian Bishop has already called out for dedicated fitness and dietician for him..

express pace+accuracy is rare for India and BCCI need to take this seriously.

10 minutes ago, TellTheTruth said:

Is this the reason he was rushed back from Injury? All im saying is dont over hype bowlers based on speed gun ratings. let them work on their skills and fitness, dont rush them back from injury, dont play them in international matches if they dont have the skills to succeeds. Akash deep was successful cause he took 100+ wickets in First class cricket, not cause he bowled a few fast deliveries in the IPL.

Agree...my point is little ahead with what you're saying.

Why can't pace and skill go hand in hand. Why one is exclusive of each other.

Injuries and fitness are very normal thing for a fast bowlers. Cummins, Zak, Srinath, Nehra all had issues with their injuries..Lee & Bond too had multiple injuries throughout their career. But when you see a bowler with pace & Skill...you will always back him above the bowlers who have no pace & Skill (or atleast I will).

Fast bowlers need experience, but they also shouldn't be allowed to rot in domestics for years. Mayank has come through a system, so does Harshit. They are 21-22 and are very close to getting ready for Indian team. Akash has to toil hard and he is around 27-28....not every bowler has to go through the same grind.

Saini was in his prime in 2017..we gave him debut in 2019..then injuries and covid happened. Saini is a lost case now...we can't let that happen to every fast bowler.

Edited by singhvivek141

5 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Mayank performed well in Ranji too..he had injuries there too..155+ excites anybody esp when someone is accurate..

his body needs maturity..how he is handled depends upon BCCI too..Ian Bishop has already called out for dedicated fitness and dietician for him..

Mayank so far only played first class match, harshit rana did better in First class but also small sample size. Im for Mayank getting fast tracked for his express pace so long as is fit. but I guess that makes me a Pakistani agent poster.  

Edited by TellTheTruth

1 minute ago, TellTheTruth said:

Mayank so far only played One match, harshit rana did better in First class but also small sample size. Im for Mayank getting fast tracked for his express pace so long as is fit. but I guess that makes me a Pakistani agent poster.  

I should have said Vijay Hazare Trophy..but ya unfit Bumrah\Pandya wont win us  world cup too

14 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

This...but people don't realize the investment and effort.

All they see is the trundlers who bowl at 125kph and don't get injured because they put any effort, and the same logic is used to pinpoint and mock the fast bowlers.

14 minutes ago, TellTheTruth said:

Mayank so far only played first class match, harshit rana did better in First class but also small sample size. Im for Mayank getting fast tracked for his express pace so long as is fit. but I guess that makes me a Pakistani agent poster.  

We need to get rid of this mentality of "fast bowling leak runs" first.

This IPL Mukesh is leaking runs at 11 p.o. , Mohit is breaking records of getting beaten, Unadkut is getting hammered for 37 in 2 overs but all hell breaks loose when a fast bowler gives 40 runs in 4 overs or get injured midway.

This is the problem I have. We have very biased antagonistic view vs fast bowlers.

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

This...but people don't realize the investment and effort.

All they see is the trundlers who bowl at 125kph and don't get injured because they put any effort, and the same logic is used to pinpoint and mock the fast bowlers.

Ignore Maro bkl ko

16 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

This IPL Mukesh is leaking runs at 11 p.o. , Mohit is breaking records of getting beaten, Unadkut is getting hammered for 37 in 2 overs but all hell breaks loose when a fast bowler gives 40 runs in 4 overs or get injured midway.

This is the problem I have. We have very biased antagonistic view vs fast bowlers.

ya..lets start with replacing some Indian commentators first..

38 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I agree but It can go both way, Arshdeep has a very good strike rate in international white ball cricket but isn't seen as a strike bowler due to lack pace. Indian commentators seem to have these hidden biases more compared to West indian and australian commentators.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TellTheTruth said:

I agree but It can go both way, Arshdeep has a very good strike rate in international white ball cricket but isn't seen as a strike bowler due to lack pace. Indian commentators seem to have these hidden biases more compared to West indian and australian commentators.

Arshdeep is very good in swinging conditions and he can hit yorkers.

But he doesn't have a good bouncer (except Pak batters) and I haven't seen him seaming the ball or hitting the deck and bowling a hostile spell (which we need as Bumrah isn't doing that).

Arshdeep also is a poor fielder. Frequently drop catches and just don't put any effort while chasing the ball too.

So Arshdeep in totality is a good option for T20's but with an astrix. He can't bring the pitch out of equation like Bumrah or can't seam the bowl both ways at pace like Shami.

I don't think anyone has complained about his selection in T20 WC. People has mostly spoken again Siraj, Chahal & Pandya from bowling perspective.

Edited by singhvivek141

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Langer said Mayank has soreness in the same spot...  And they will have a scan again. 

Seems to be a recurring problem.  Not good signs. 

mayank "ngam" yadav incoming?

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Langer said Mayank has soreness in the same spot...  And they will have a scan again. 

Seems to be a recurring problem.  Not good signs. 

Seem like Kl pushed for his early return, their best wkt taker has been Yash Thakur with 10 wkts in 8 games and their is a 5-er in it.

So they might have wanted him in the squad they are in a position where they can make it into the qualifiers and the re-emergence of DC has made the mid table intersting

Assuming RR has already qualified with 16 points its nearly 5way race for rest 3 spots 

10 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Don't worry, Mayank won't be defined by these few injuries.

He has drawn the attention of the broadcasters and foreign commentators. Injuries will be managed once his body becomes strong. 

I know folks are disappointed that he got injured, but good thing is that even when he is not 100% he is bowling a lot quicker than those looser trundlers whom some of the morons here adore. 

Harshit & Mayank are the find of this season. Harshit was playing even A tours for India, Akashdeep who played for India was benched by RCB. Indian bowling isn't as bad as some of the padosi mulk ke posters are trying to portray here.

we need to see mayank "lee/akhtar" yadav, not mayank "schulz/ngam" yadav.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vijy said:

mayank "ngam" yadav incoming?

Ngam had genetic disorder, a brutal way to crush the dreams... James Taylor was another one.

Those are unfortunate scenario's.

Edited by singhvivek141

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Vijy said:

we need to see mayank "lee/akhtar" yadav, not mayank "schulz/ngam" yadav.

For me personally...it's better to be a Bond than a Kyle Mills.

Gambhir has played less games than Rohit, but he is the star performer for 2 out of 3 ICC trophy final which we have won under MSD.

Edited by singhvivek141