OPINION | How PM Modi Defied Petty Oppn Politics to Turn Around India's Vaccine Policy

Trichromatic

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Which country/continent had vaccinated 90 crore population by Feb end. 

Did even entire world vaccinate 90 crore people by March? 

If entire India had vaccinated in 2018, covid first phase wouldn't have happened. 

No one has but which country declared victory too.

I am giving you a blueprint to fight the disease. Not my job to implemet.

24 minutes ago, Khota said:

If 70% of population was vaccinated there would be no second wave.

Back of the envelope calculation... 

>40% of India's pop according to the last census is less than 18 .. Vax is not approved for children ... so this number is not possible anyway.

https://censusindia.gov.in/census_and_you/age_structure_and_marital_status.aspx#:~:text=The total number of children,382 persons per sq km.

Regardless less assume this govt should have vaccinated the rest according to you... With a pop of approx 1.3 B ppl that means ~780M ppl which is ~1.56 B vaccines (without wastage). Let's assume 20% wastage (without assuming that Cong/AAP/SS govts in Del/Raj/Punj/Mah dump/hoard/sell vaccines in the black market to show artificial shortage) being generous ... that's ~1.9 B vaccines.

The vaccines got approved in Jan... The second wave started in mid-March.. which is about 10 weeks later. So according to you the govt should have procured almost 1B vaccines by March ... distributed it and innoculated a pop of 780 M ppl by Mar and given the second dose as well by end Mar? 

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

No one has but which country declared victory too.

I am giving you a blueprint to fight the disease. Not my job to implemet.

Since we are talking about unrealistic random statements.

I am giving another blueprint. If entire population was vaccinated in 2018 itself, first wave wouln't have happened.

Not my job to implement.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

Show me one purchase order where they even bought 500 million vaccines. It was all talk and mission accomplished BS. Everyone in my family got COVID. Everyone.

? You are lazy man... pls use Google

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/at-1-6-billion-doses-india-no-1-in-deals-for-covid-vaccine-study/articleshow/79555922.cms

India had placed orders for 1.6B vaccines in Dec 2020. Production could not match expectations as the US banned export of raw materials for a while.

16 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Back of the envelope calculation... 

>40% of India's pop according to the last census is less than 18 .. Vax is not approved for children ... so this number is not possible anyway.

https://censusindia.gov.in/census_and_you/age_structure_and_marital_status.aspx#:~:text=The total number of children,382 persons per sq km.

Regardless less assume this govt should have vaccinated the rest according to you... With a pop of approx 1.3 B ppl that means ~780M ppl which is ~1.56 B vaccines (without wastage). Let's assume 20% wastage (without assuming that Cong/AAP/SS govts in Del/Raj/Punj/Mah dump/hoard/sell vaccines in the black market to show artificial shortage) being generous ... that's ~1.9 B vaccines.

The vaccines got approved in Jan... The second wave started in mid-March.. which is about 10 weeks later. So according to you the govt should have procured almost 1B vaccines by March ... distributed it and innoculated a pop of 780 M ppl by Mar and given the second dose as well by end Mar? 

No they should have made an effort.

They for sure should not have declared victory.

They for damn sure should not have held elections and given the impression that life is back to normal.

BTW some of the vaccines are approved for kids too.

13 minutes ago, bharathh said:

? You are lazy man... pls use Google

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/at-1-6-billion-doses-india-no-1-in-deals-for-covid-vaccine-study/articleshow/79555922.cms

India had placed orders for 1.6B vaccines in Dec 2020. Production could not match expectations as the US banned export of raw materials for a while.

That is all on paper. Nothing got ramped up to do the needful.

22 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Since we are talking about unrealistic random statements.

I am giving another blueprint. If entire population was vaccinated in 2018 itself, first wave wouln't have happened.

Not my job to implement.

Teenagers can do better than that.

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

No they should have made an effort.

They for sure should not have declared victory.

They for damn sure should not have held elections and given the impression that life is back to normal.

BTW some of the vaccines are approved for kids too.

I think various ppl have said noone declared victory but said we did well in Wave 1 - but you keep repeating this. Vaccines for kids have been approved in the last month!!! 

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

That is all on paper. Nothing got ramped up to do the needful.

What do you think Purchase Orders are? You asked me show one.. I showed that they order 3x what you asked for. So govt has to purchase and prepare the vax also? When you go to a restaurant - do you go and cook the food also? 

If general population is like this, India is *ed. There wont be any need for BJP to do any better, they can getting reelected on religious divisions alone.
BJP cares more for majority hindus, a refreshing contrast from the previous governments. There lies the main problem why opposition and liberals are not happy with them. Just like you are very emotionally connected with regional/state issues, BJP has same affiniation towards hindus. Why would India get f*ed up due to that?

No one is saying BJP is not responsible for the 2nd wave...ofcourse they are. But the way every blame being pitted against Central govt as if state govt dosent even exist. Modi, Mamta or Kejriwal...everyone is collectively responsible for this and no one should be given clean chit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

What do you think Purchase Orders are? You asked me show one.. I showed that they order 3x what you asked for. So govt has to purchase and prepare the vax also? When you go to a restaurant - do you go and cook the food also? 

That is called intent. They needeed atleast around 100,0000 crore rupees to ramp things up and they failed to provide. 

If you need a house you need to put downpayment. They never did that.

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

BJP cares more for majority hindus, a refreshing contrast from the previous governments. There lies the main problem why opposition and liberals are not happy with them. Just like you are very emotionally connected with regional/state issues, BJP has same affiniation towards hindus. Why would India get f*ed up due to that?

No one is saying BJP is not responsible for the 2nd wave...ofcourse they are. But the way every blame being pitted against Central govt as if state govt dosent even exist. Modi, Mamta or Kejriwal...everyone is collectively responsible for this and no one should be given clean chit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So they dont care for everyone is what you are saying?

6 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

India should have vaccinated more people than what entire world manage to do before 2nd wave. - Your expectation is as rubbish as that one.

Should have made an effort. What rest of the world is doing is not India's  problem.

Last I checked rest of the world is not suffering so much.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

So they dont care for everyone is what you are saying?

The govt schemes and benefits are for every Indians irrespective of religion. So it don't discriminate against anyone as per government framework is concerned.

What they don't do though is OTT minority appeasement like previous governments. Remember how 26/11 was suddenly RSS ki saajish as per Digvijay Singh or how people goes to temple only for eve teasing as per Rahul Gandhi? Gone are those dark days and hopefully will never be back.

30 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

The govt schemes and benefits are for every Indians irrespective of religion. So it don't discriminate against anyone as per government framework is concerned.

What they don't do though is OTT minority appeasement like previous governments. Remember how 26/11 was suddenly RSS ki saajish as per Digvijay Singh or how people goes to temple only for eve teasing as per Rahul Gandhi? Gone are those dark days and hopefully will never be back.

I agree OTT appeasement should not happen nor should there be discrimation.

Getting back to COVID everyone is suffering.

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I did not say that bjp being more interested in Hindus is the problem, you are saying that it’s straw man argument I am not interested in that. Ok by your account are Hindus safe from COVID at least ? Does the fact that Bjp are pro Hindus absolves them of any Mis administration in control of COVID ? People need to question their govt not be so Hindu vote bank all the time. It’s ridiculous. And sorry Punjabi sikhs Khalistan movement and resultant discourse is not regional issue, it’s a national security threat.  If people keep giving bjp free reign on COVID because they love Hindus then yes India will have many more waves of COVID and thousands more will die. In other words India will get f’d more.