OPINION | How PM Modi Defied Petty Oppn Politics to Turn Around India's Vaccine Policy

Trichromatic

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

No, refuting your claim that others are doing better. India is same or better than those. So, don’t slut your wrists 

India has the most deaths. How are others doing worst?

6 minutes ago, bharathh said:

First of all this discussion is around Vaccine preparedness. Not sure how what you mention is relevant to the discussion.

Second - hindsight is 20/20. I would like to know how many experts and scientists can predict the number of cases/day in the next wave.. how long will it last? Do you see anyone making any predictions?

I want to see how many scientists predicted that wave 2 would be as bad as it was in Jan/Feb. Any leading scientists' predictions? What were the govts in MH, KL, Rajasthan, Delhi closing down Covid centres and not preparing O2. Esp Delhi... run by a parasite party. Why didn't these state govts listen to the eminent scientists that you mention? 

You will be surprised how close they can come.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

With the population, total cases will be high, compare per-million stats. This seems like Deja-vu, we keep going through same circles

With the false numbers they have provided. Based on my calculation at least 1 Bn people in India probably had it. How is that good.

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Is it not true that India had succesfully handled the 1st wave? He was clearly referring to that as kamyaabi. No where did he say that we have beaten Covid totally and ask people to being reckless, stop wearing masks etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When you are holding elections you are telling it is business as usual.

He declared victory. Mission accompliished.

When you are holding elections you are telling it is business as usual.

He declared victory. Mission accompliished.
Again Modi alone did not held elections and neither he alone did rally. According to our constitution, elections are supposed to happen every 5 years. The fact that covid cases were very less at that time, election commission decided to go ahead with the elections. Remember we were hosting Eng and playing IPL, Road safety series etc back then with full crowd.

Also, the states with highesy infection rates were Maharastra, Delhi and Chattisgarh. All 3 states had no elections.

44 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Again Modi alone did not held elections and neither he alone did rally. According to our constitution, elections are supposed to happen every 5 years. The fact that covid cases were very less at that time, election commission decided to go ahead with the elections. Remember we were hosting Eng and playing IPL, Road safety series etc back then with full crowd.

Also, the states with highesy infection rates were Maharastra, Delhi and Chattisgarh. All 3 states had no elections.

It is never about cases. It is about positivity rate.

55 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Cant argue with that logic. Very fact based extrapolation.

What is UW btw?

National-Forecast-Incident-Cumulative-Deaths-2021-06-07

Here are some models. There are plenty of models out there. Anyone with basic background in Analytics/Modelling should do it.

Ofcourse they are not perfect but they also tell the band they will fall in.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

National-Forecast-Incident-Cumulative-Deaths-2021-06-07

Here are some models. There are plenty of models out there. Anyone with basic background in Analytics/Modelling should do it.

Ofcourse they are not perfect but they also tell the band they will fall in.

?

I have 2 Masters and started a Big Data practice - but I don't understand what this shows. Which of these is for India?

12 hours ago, bharathh said:

First of all this discussion is around Vaccine preparedness. Not sure how what you mention is relevant to the discussion.

Second - hindsight is 20/20. I would like to know how many experts and scientists can predict the number of cases/day in the next wave.. how long will it last? Do you see anyone making any predictions?

I want to see how many scientists predicted that wave 2 would be as bad as it was in Jan/Feb. Any leading scientists' predictions? What were the govts in MH, KL, Rajasthan, Delhi closing down Covid centres and not preparing O2. Esp Delhi... run by a parasite party. Why didn't these state govts listen to the eminent scientists that you mention? 

So your point is - that India did not know that wave 2 will hit in-spite of every nation on earth disclosing covid data showed a second wave. and since people in India felt miraculously they are the gods chosen ones and will not have wave 2 so what Modi did with elections/ religious festivals etc was ok. ? :laugh:

5 hours ago, bharathh said:

?

I have 2 Masters and started a Big Data practice - but I don't understand what this shows. Which of these is for India?

I dont have Masters and no idea n data analysis and I know exactly what it shows.