How did Indian batting fail in relatively easier batting conditions?

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Indian mainstay batting has sucked for last two years. It was masked by bowling who were saving their asses. Whenever bowling failed, teams looks ordinary. Mainly because Pujara and Kohli are failing and Rahane is inconsistent and gives away wicket at most times of need, the aberration in Mel was because he was dropped a couple of times

Exactly bowling have been saving us after batting failures too regularly

5 hours ago, asterix said:

Deliberate throwing away of wickets at certain intervals. 
All the targets and the time was already discussed to autopilot the test till the last 30 mins.

I’d said on day 4 only that India will be bowled out within an hour after the Lunch session. I was bit off the mark and they did got all out approximately an hour before tea. They had to get out at that time any more delay would’ve resulted in a draw and that was not ICC wanted and BCCI agreed for. 

If you see, when Jadeja and Pant were going strong, immediately message was conveyed to them at the drinks break. Both immediately perished after they break. 

You see Jaddu leaving all the short pitch balls will somehow Knick another short ball to keeper and wonder it was a ‘lapse of concentration’. It was that drinks break message at work not that Wagner being persistent. 

You think Rahane knicking one from the hip to keeper, Pujara & Kohli knicks are lapses of concentration? Who are they fooling? Effing bunch of fixers. They’ve now started fixing test matches too…

First innings, Rahane had pulled one in the air, next ball Wagner had put a man in short leg for the catch, and it is hard to believe that such an experienced batsman like Rajane would attempt to hit over him in the same spot. It is unbelievable and suspect if I keep thinking  about. It :thinking: :hmmm: :ahaa:

Just now, coffee_rules said:

First innings, Rahane had pulled one in the air, next ball Wagner had put a man in short leg for the catch, and it is hard to believe that such an experienced batsman like Rajane would attempt to hit over him in the same spot. It is unbelievable and suspect if I keep thinking  about. It :thinking: :hmmm: :ahaa:

Thanks for reminding me. If you see all the wickets, you’ll find element of suspicion…

4 hours ago, asterix said:

Thanks for reminding me. If you see all the wickets, you’ll find element of suspicion…

It is like ICC was too  embarrassed about the scheduling of the much hyped first WTC Final in Eng under the rain, wanted a result. They would be too much ridiculed with a draw result. They convinced India to take it lighly as they already are rich with IPL money, and let these hapless NZers have their glory in the sun. Quite plausible. Also, ICC will convince other boards now with IPL 21 window before WT20 in Oct. There will be some give and take. No other explanation for losing it on day6 for no facking reason. 

Edited by coffee_rules
9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is like ICC was too  embarrassed about the scheduling of the much hyped first WTC Final in Eng under the rain, wanted a result. They would be too much ridiculed with a draw result. 

An exciting draw is a much more desirable outcome than a tame 8-wkt drubbing.  If you're being really serious about this line of thinking, then think about this:  To get the maximum benefit from this match on Day 6, ICC would've engineered it to where NZ lost 6-8 wkts and things were down to the wire - more buzz, more eyes on screens.  

What about the possibility that there is a team-revolt against VK-bhai?  :-)

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

welll its Rahane

not beyond him to do hard work and get out in stupidest of ways