Majority of Covid misinformation online originated from 12 people

BacktoCricaddict

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

These idiots peddle their half baked theories with impunity, where is the censorship exactly?

I fully support their right to freedom of speech. And exposing their stupidity to the world. In time, the wider public will stop taking notice of these attention seekers, not that they are given much attention nowadays anyway. 

Also, what is there to debate?

Aren't these the same people who believed 5G cell towers caused COVID?

Or that you get the Corona virus from drinking Corona beer?

Or that the earth is flat when every blind man and his blind dog can see the earth is a sphere?

Oh do you? I recall you going to the mods to ban me and others even called us as pests. So don't give this fake appearance of being the champion of free speech.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

White house admits asking FB to take down some of the posts.

Disagree with censoring them.  Instead, someone should hire their own thick skinned SM posters to mercilessly and politely shove strongly evidence-based information down the throats of the people who follow those charlatans - again and again - until they get it.    

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Oh do you? I recall you going to the mods to ban me and others even called us as pests. So don't give this fake appearance of being the champion of free speech.

Why don't you buzz off and mind your own business?

Behave like a pest, I'll unapologetically call you a pest.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/indiana-university-vaccine-mandate-upheld-by-federal-court/

On June 21, 2021, eight students, represented by attorney James Bopp Jr., filed a complaint challenging the Indiana University vaccine mandate. On July 18, 2021, Judge Damon R. Leichty, from the federal district court for the Northern District of Indiana, appointed to the court by President Donald Trump, rejected the plaintiffs’ request for a preliminary injunction in a lengthy, thoughtful decision that made it clear the plaintiffs’ chances of success on the merits are very low.

Because the right to refuse a vaccine is simply a “significant” rather than a fundamental liberty, and because there is no fundamental right to a college education or to attend a public university, the court only holds the vaccine mandate to rational basis review. 

The court’s starting point is that Indiana University “has a legitimate interest in promoting the health of its campus communities—students, and not least the faculty and staff who come daily in contact with them.”

The court analyzed in-depth the factual arguments made by students and found them unconvincing. I will keep this discussion short because although important to the case, it has the least legal relevance – it is focused on the argued facts.

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Disagree with censoring them.  Instead, someone should hire their own thick skinned SM posters to mercilessly and politely shove strongly evidence-based information down the throats of the people who follow those charlatans - again and again - until they get it.    

Conspiracy theorists crying about freedom of speech is amusing.

If they have evidence against the scientific consensus, they should publish it in peer reviewed scientific journals and have their evidence scrutinised by experts. That is the scientific process. 

I'm yet to meet an anti vaxxer that doesn't have a chip on their shoulders. They have this weird "they're out to get me" mentality.

1 hour ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Conspiracy theorists crying about freedom of speech is amusing.

If they have evidence against the scientific consensus, they should publish it in peer reviewed scientific journals and have their evidence scrutinised by experts. That is the scientific process. 

I'm yet to meet an anti vaxxer that doesn't have a chip on their shoulders. They have this weird "they're out to get me" mentality.

Why is it amusing? So, what is the other side afraid of? Why resort to holding back information on FB? The same is done with all hoaxes on YT. If you have strong backing of data, have good PR work it. For every popular Alex Jones, there is a even more popular and rational person like Neil deGrasse Tyson. Previously Carl Sagan was cited for popular scientific thought. Now. the left is bankrupt and relying on gimmickry like Greta and others. 

You should listen to this s Murthy guy, the surgeon general. All his allegations are about how and what lies ahead. 

If the data is raw, accept it and show this is the path for the future. I am sure 100 years ago, we were at the very same crossroads with the spanking ah flu. Science can defeat ignorance with facts, not by force. 

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Why is it amusing? So, what is the other side afraid of? Why resort to holding back information on FB? The same is done with all hoaxes on YT. If you have strong backing of data, have good PR work it. For every popular Alex Jones, there is a even more popular and rational person like Neil deGrasse Tyson. Previously Carl Sagan was cited for popular scientific thought. Now. the left is bankrupt and relying on gimmickry like Greta and others. 

You should listen to this s Murthy guy, the surgeon general. All his allegations are about how and what lies ahead. 

If the data is raw, accept it and show this is the path for the future. I am sure 100 years ago, we were at the very same crossroads with the spanking ah flu. Science can defeat ignorance with facts, not by force. 

I have all the time in the world for opposing views, as long as it backed by scientific evidence.

If these conspiracy theorists have something profound to say, they wouldn't resort to unscientific mediums like Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp. Most of this nonsense is peddled on Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp.

How many journals are there about 5G cell towers causing Corona?

How many journals are there about Corona beer causing Corona virus?

The answer is zero for a reason.

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

murthy guy also announced the rockefeller foundation has donated money to fight against "misinformation". His credibility is already shot in people's eyes. he should stick to labels in cigarette packs

12 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I have all the time in the world for opposing views, as long as it backed by scientific evidence.

If these conspiracy theorists have something profound to say, they wouldn't resort to unscientific mediums like Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp. Most of this nonsense is peddled on Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp.

How many journals are there about 5G cell towers causing Corona?

How many journals are there about Corona beer causing Corona virus?

The answer is zero for a reason.

"There is no money in not selling vaccines."  "No one wants to sponsor our studies because they are afraid of Big Pharma." "The FDA will never approve our healing cures because they are in cahoots with Big Pharma."  etc.

Again, none of this means they should be censored from the internet.  But there should be swifter, dignified counter-attacks with data, data, data.  Explaining what data mean, why sample sizes are important, why reproducibility is important, why anecdotes (while important to individuals) do not constitute data, how risk analysis is done, how drugs are developed and regulated, how alternative medicine is not regulated etc.  Keep pounding.  

It is like with religious conversions.  I don't think any govt must ban religious conversions or muzzle anyone who is trying to convert people on the internet.  If Hindus want to stop Muslims and Christians from converting people, do something to up your game.  Tell people why your religion is better than theirs and will give them more solace, more respect, a better identity, more connections, more money etc.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

20 hours ago, nevada said:

What language is keedu? I was expecting irukku as the sentence began with "yen kitta" which I assume is Tamil.  I enjoy Hindi music and watch shows/films but am against forced imposition of the language. 

Its a chennai slang among illiterates probably local telugus who can't pronounce "irukkudu" properly hence "keedu". So BacktoCovidaddict is equating the "misinfo" sooper spreddas with keedu.

Misinformation or Truth?

Misinformation (spread by people like the OP dozen):  Covid vaccines are not helping.

Truth:  CoViD cases are increasing in the post-vaccination era, but corresponding hospitalizations and deaths are not nearly as high as they were in the pre-vaccination era.  

Truth:  Hospitalization/death rates are much higher in unvaccinated populations.

Conclusion:  Vaccines help to decrease Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths.

Opinion:  OP dozen is contributing significantly to Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths by encouraging people to stay unvaccinated.   

Star Trek: 10 Storylines About Data That Were Never Resolved

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

35 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Misinformation or Truth?

Misinformation (spread by people like the OP dozen):  Covid vaccines are not helping.

Truth:  CoViD cases are increasing in the post-vaccination era, but corresponding hospitalizations and deaths are not nearly as high as they were in the pre-vaccination era.  

Truth:  Hospitalization/death rates are much higher in unvaccinated populations.

Conclusion:  Vaccines help to decrease Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths.

Opinion:  OP dozen is contributing significantly to Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths by encouraging people to stay unvaccinated.   

Star Trek: 10 Storylines About Data That Were Never Resolved

But asymptomatic vacvinated people did spread virus in unvaccinated people.