Ye Gotedar Lehenga

speed_thrills

I am not in to retro bollywood songs, May be few Kishor Kumar classics that's all.

My teenage years were in 90s so haven't watched much of retro movies at all except AB movies because mom was a fan. But this song from Dharam-Kanta has really got me hooked. Never heard this song before till I came across it randomly on YouTube few days ago. Since then I must have watched it atleast hundreds times. 

Never watched a full Rajesh Khanna movie but looks likel I am becoming a fan now, courtesy this song. I am heartbroken that Reena Roy doesn't look like this anymore.

Is this kind of an impact of a song normal or something is wrong with me?

44 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

Is this kind of an impact of a song normal or something is wrong with me?

It is normal. A background score or a theme song or a song can hook you, inviting to dig deeper into a genre/period/etc 

Btw, the 50s-70s is considered the golden period of Bollywood. Its top films are brilliant 

Edited by zen

13 hours ago, zen said:

It is normal. A background score or a theme song or a song can hook you, inviting to dig deeper into a genre/period/etc 

Btw, the 50s-70s is considered the golden period of Bollywood. Its top films are brilliant 

Song is still stuck on my head.

Will give a try to watch few RK movies from 70's.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I guess its normal to listen to a song on loop many times. Eventually you'll grow bored and move on to some other song.

I was stuck on ban than chali for 2 months when I heard it first. But today I can't get myself to listen to it even once.

from those tiktok videos and insta reels? :giggle:

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

from those tiktok videos and insta reels? :giggle:

No, the actual song from some Sanjay Dutt movie.

Had it on my I-pod (back in those days) and kept listening to it on loop.

Edited by Mariyam

On 7/24/2021 at 11:28 AM, Mariyam said:

I guess its normal to listen to a song on loop many times. Eventually you'll grow bored and move on to some other song.

I was stuck on ban than chali for 2 months when I heard it first. But today I can't get myself to listen to it even once.

It's not only song though, I can't stop watching video too.

Reena Roy is magical in this song. Such a shame such a divine beauty ended up marrying up a no name Pakistani cricketer.

On 7/25/2021 at 2:24 PM, speed_thrills said:

It's not only song though, I can't stop watching video too.

Reena Roy is magical in this song. Such a shame such a divine beauty ended up marrying up a no name Pakistani cricketer.

You keep discussing it without posting the song.. yeh lo...

Edited by coffee_rules

Talking about Rajesh Khanna, a young and fit version was a bona fide superstar. Most of the songs picturized on him are good. Too bad that his behavior was like that of a dictator and probably suffered from mental issues. 

I like him in songs like below: