Siraj the red ball star!!

sandeep

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah was not a fluke. He has two of his highest scores in this series and has improved his batting. Siraj is also not a mug and can get better.

having two "high" scores does not mean much when his previous high was something like 5. Siraj is definitely a mug in terms of batting from what I have seen of him so far. Both are great bowlers obviously and should be selected regardless of batting "potential" (or rather lack of it).

Telangana Today: Hyderabadis set up giant cut-out of Mohammed Siraj's 'finger-on-lips' celebration.

https://telanganatoday.com/hyderabadis-sets-up-giant-cut-out-of-mohammed-sirajs-finger-on-lips-celebration

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Test cricket will never loose his sheen..

You wouldn't see such madness after ipl performances

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 8/19/2021 at 11:24 PM, Number said:

Have we finally found our new ball bowler for ODIs too after Bhuvi ?

With the new ball he can give us a few wickets at the start and very tight 7 overs.

He's not the guy that can 'keep it tight'.  He's an attacking bowler that can get wickets, but can leak runs often in white ball cricket.  Silly to be presumptuous, but for me, his skillset and bowling style is always going to be more effective with the red ball than the white.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He's not the guy that can 'keep it tight'.  He's an attacking bowler that can get wickets, but can leak runs often in white ball cricket.  Silly to be presumptuous, but for me, his skillset and bowling style is always going to be more effective with the red ball than the white.

In flat pitches with zero swing for eg in places like bangalore, rajkot these attacking line becomes canon fodder for players like jos Buttler, jason roys of the world.. as you know that if you hit through the line either itll be a six or if you miss it completely it ll go to the keeper.. theres no swing that it ll deviate at the last moment.. also if it does take a nick most often than not it ll go to 4 from first slip.. most teams takes out slips after Over no 5 to plug the gaps in extra cover and mid off..

15 hours ago, sandeep said:

Siraj has really improved the " pulling back his length a bit if no swing is on offer " aspect after our tour to Australia. Could be, he discussed these aspects with Bumrah and Arun and practiced it too.

Whatever it is, he showed marked improvement in this year's IPL and hardly leaked runs. In fact he was quite economical in most matches.

Add to this his tremendous improvement regarding bowling yorkers and significant improvement regarding bowling slower balls ... I am looking forward to him as a white ball bowler.

His overall superior game sense will quickly put him ahead of many others if his actual skills for a format improves ... and this is probably happening.

Edited by express bowling
16 hours ago, neel roy said:

In flat pitches with zero swing for eg in places like bangalore, rajkot these attacking line becomes canon fodder for players like jos Buttler, jason roys of the world.. as you know that if you hit through the line either itll be a six or if you miss it completely it ll go to the keeper.. theres no swing that it ll deviate at the last moment.. also if it does take a nick most often than not it ll go to 4 from first slip.. most teams takes out slips after Over no 5 to plug the gaps in extra cover and mid off..

Siraj has played in these places and has a good record on such wickets. He will also be backed up by Jadeja/Ashwin which will mean he'd have benefit of dangerous bowlers to help apply cumulative pressure. Shami/Umesh are very attacking bowlers and have excellent record in India. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj has really improved the " pulling back his length a bit if no swing is on offer " aspect after our tour to Australia. Could be, he discussed these aspects with Bumrah and Arun and practiced it too.

Whatever it is, he showed marked improvement in this year's IPL and hardly leaked runs. In fact he was quite economical in most matches.

Add to this his tremendous improvement regarding bowling yorkers and significant improvement regarding bowling slower balls ... I am looking forward to him as a white ball bowler.

His overall superior game sense will quickly put him ahead of many others if his actual skills for a format improves ... and this is probably happening.

Confidence also helps a lot in execution, and that has got to be sky high for him.  I mean, you would know that I would absolutely love it if he manages to put it together and become a potent white ball option.  I'm just saying that I haven't seen that ability to make those length adjustments with control, accuracy and discipline yet.  When I think of Siraj with the white ball, I think of his debut game, where that 'short of length' got him smacked all over the park.  In some ways that debut reminded me of Balaji's debut in Rajkot - another bowlers graveyard that made a promising bowler get slaughtered.  

Has he improved since then? I'm sure he has.  Is it possible that he can emulate a Hazelwood and become that effective? Sure its possible.  Just saying that I haven't seen it first-hand yet.  

And I don't put that much stock into IPL and T20 performances, I'm talking about ODI cricket.

57 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Confidence also helps a lot in execution, and that has got to be sky high for him.  I mean, you would know that I would absolutely love it if he manages to put it together and become a potent white ball option.  I'm just saying that I haven't seen that ability to make those length adjustments with control, accuracy and discipline yet.  When I think of Siraj with the white ball, I think of his debut game, where that 'short of length' got him smacked all over the park.  In some ways that debut reminded me of Balaji's debut in Rajkot - another bowlers graveyard that made a promising bowler get slaughtered.  

Has he improved since then? I'm sure he has.  Is it possible that he can emulate a Hazelwood and become that effective? Sure its possible.  Just saying that I haven't seen it first-hand yet.  

And I don't put that much stock into IPL and T20 performances, I'm talking about ODI cricket.

1. With the World T20 round the corner, we do need a wicket taking proper pacer who can bowl at the death too ... to support Bumrah.

2.  If someone can hold his own in T20s and tests then ODI bowling should be ok too. Since he has hardly played any ODIs, direct evidence is obviously not available.