The official “What’s the hype about?” Thread

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

110811.jpg

Paul-Valthaty-cricket-academy.jpg?fit=96

Now you are just being bitter lol. Valthaty had 1.5 good knocks while Iyer has been hitting 50’s for fun and that too in knockouts and bowling when required and so far shown to be a very good fielder. A good package.

So you rate Azam Khan on some PsL games but Iyer is a failure? 

It’s ok to swallow your ego lol, I don’t get any commission nor get pay cut if he passes or fails.

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Now you are just being bitter lol. Valthaty had 1.5 good knocks while Iyer has been hitting 50’s for fun and that too in knockouts and bowling when required and so far shown to be a very good fielder. A good package.

So you rate Azam Khan on some PsL games but Iyer is a failure? 

It’s ok to swallow your ego lol, I don’t get any commission nor get pay cut if he passes or fails.

nothing ego

I hve said as of now im not convinced for iyer - let him be tested in next season (i see some issues with him so im not convinced)

I hve liked what i hve seen of Azam (knocks n all i dnt) 

Its just what i feel, if iyer is good ill like him eventually. I have been wrong about players in past , the last one being chahal

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

nothing ego

I hve said as of now im not convinced for iyer - let him be tested in next season (i see some issues with him so im not convinced)

I hve liked what i hve seen of Azam (knocks n all i dnt) 

Its just what i feel, if iyer is good ill like him eventually. I have been wrong about players in past , the last one being chahal

U mean you thought chahal was good? 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i didnt rate him much in ODIs , always thought of him as t20 bowler but he has been good in ODI to

Is he really though? Although he dint do badly vs Kiwis in 2019, another player like thakur or even shankar would have won us that game. Plus shami ofocurse who was dropped for some ungodly reason. I don't rate chahal man. Looks innocuous against any power hitter. He wilts when he gets hit. Not as badly as kuldeep but he is pretty bad himself. 

Khota boy was in the prime of his life and him getting injured hampered us too. 

I want us to go with all our pace this time. No spinners except maybe jaddu who can bat. Or axar. Axar with his height can cause issues. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Is he really though? Although he dint do badly vs Kiwis in 2019, another player like thakur or even shankar would have won us that game. Plus shami ofocurse who was dropped for some ungodly reason. I don't rate chahal man. Looks innocuous against any power hitter. He wilts when he gets hit. Not as badly as kuldeep but he is pretty bad himself. 

Khota boy was in the prime of his life and him getting injured hampered us too. 

I want us to go with all our pace this time. No spinners except maybe jaddu who can bat. Or axar. Axar with his height can cause issues. 

avg of 26 and eco of 5.2 is quite good in todays time . Adil rashid avg 33 with eco of 5.6 and england has world of patience for him

If batsman can have up n down form why cant bowlers ??

about getting hit badly well its a stupid myth ....when does a bowler get beaten ?? when he bowls trash or batsman has picked u... 1st to chalo banta hia maar khana but with its mostly 2nd thing . When a batsman has picked u he will take u to cleaners their isnt much u can do unless u have tools like warne. Chahal is much more developed then any other leggie in country n ticks most boxes then anyone

On 10/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, AuxiliA said:

I don't give a damn that this is an IPL thread or forum. :p:

Going into a IPL thread to say you don't care is like a dude who keeps stalking a girl for years only to pretend he doesn't care when she goes out with someone else

53 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

avg of 26 and eco of 5.2 is quite good in todays time . Adil rashid avg 33 with eco of 5.6 and england has world of patience for him

If batsman can have up n down form why cant bowlers ??

about getting hit badly well its a stupid myth ....when does a bowler get beaten ?? when he bowls trash or batsman has picked u... 1st to chalo banta hia maar khana but with its mostly 2nd thing . When a batsman has picked u he will take u to cleaners their isnt much u can do unless u have tools like warne. Chahal is much more developed then any other leggie in country n ticks most boxes then anyone

Still doesn't give me confidence. I do not rate his ability in crunch matches or vs good sides. He gets hit top often for my liking. 

Personally we don't need more than one spinner in u.a.e with dew factor in play. Jaddu can be that Lone spinner because he can bat. 

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Still doesn't give me confidence. I do not rate his ability in crunch matches or vs good sides. He gets hit top often for my liking. 

We havent won crunch matches in ages so wo to saari team k ability pe doubt hai 

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Personally we don't need more than one spinner in u.a.e with dew factor in play. Jaddu can be that Lone spinner because he can bat. 

in t20 their shudnt be anything fixed, it shud depend mostly on opp batsman. Spinners have been mighty successful in history of t20 

Against England Ill play 3 

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We havent won crunch matches in ages so wo to saari team k ability pe doubt hai 

in t20 their shudnt be anything fixed, it shud depend mostly on opp batsman. Spinners have been mighty successful in history of t20 

Against England Ill play 3 

Depends on matchups. Spin won't work vs Aussies and Pakistan. Even lanka can hit spinners well. Even toygers. 

Depends on matchups. It's risky vs england. Remember how roy of all people trounced kuldeep and chahal albeit in a rigged boundary and on seam friendly wickets. 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Depends on matchups. Spin won't work vs Aussies and Pakistan. Even lanka can hit spinners well. Even toygers. 

Against pak it shud be hard length for middle n spin for babar n rizwan

Aus im yet to see the matchups, i know warner has matchups against ashwin

Depends on matchups. It's risky vs england. Remember how roy of all people trounced kuldeep and chahal albeit in a rigged boundary and on seam friendly wickets. 

roy has a huge weakness against left arm spin ( i think jaddu only has gotten him 3-4 times and pak used imad against him)  and so does livingstone.....dnt give them pace or off spin

Butler is uncomfortable against ashwin

malan n morgan will be easy for ashwin, i did see even rahul chahar had matchups against morgan

Rest apart from morgan many hasnt seen varun properly 

eng has bad matchups against spin only moeen n bairstrow are good ones

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Against pak it shud be hard length for middle n spin for babar n rizwan

Aus im yet to see the matchups, i know warner has matchups against ashwin

roy has a huge weakness against left arm spin ( i think jaddu only has gotten him 3-4 times and pak used imad against him)  and so does livingstone.....dnt give them pace or off spin

Butler is uncomfortable against ashwin

malan n morgan will be easy for ashwin, i did see even rahul chahar had matchups against morgan

Rest apart from morgan many hasnt seen varun properly 

eng has bad matchups against spin only moeen n bairstrow are good ones

But bairstow and moeen is all you need. They can take the game away from you. 

I dont think 2 spinners are needed. 1 is enough. With dew coming in and play it will be hard to grip for spinners. 

Go with thakur at 8 and 3 pace bowlers. Chahal doesn't strike me as. Matchwinner. 

I would much rather have ashwin like you said. 

31 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

short boundary, flat wkt and kulcha was soughted out by aussies in previous series...so that has nothing to do with this 

Question us what pitches are we getting? 

I believe spinners will be more effective as we progress into KO stages because of used pitches. Unless they have fresh pitches for Ko stages.