Bullet Train project

dial_100

On 11/8/2021 at 8:25 PM, Trichromatic said:

What purpose does bullet train serve?

Is it cheaper than flights? If not, then what are the adavantages for passengers?

If it runs on something like renewable energy then yes it'll definitely be cheaper! Yes I know you can't run this 100% on clean energy but even 50% will be a big boost.

10 hours ago, Aiden said:

Third world countries shouldnt be copying developed nations projects. Even USA dont have bullet train yet. The money can be used to make enough toilets for 50% of Indian population who dont have access to it.

This explains why our neighboring third world country is descending into a failed state. Zero aspiration and no policy framework. 

14 hours ago, Aiden said:

Third world countries shouldnt be copying developed nations projects. Even USA dont have bullet train yet. The money can be used to make enough toilets for 50% of Indian population who dont have access to it.

Dont worry, we use train tracks as toilets, so it's dual purpose. This is between the snake charming, rope tricks and elephant rides.

Although a bullet train approaching one when in squatting position sounds scary. 

Edited by Clarke

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Bullet train is perfect for extremely packed population like ours. 

And at the same time, have to see if it will be economically feasible for a country with per capita of 3000$. 

How does pee capita come into it ? There is Uber and Ola running. I don’t think that is affordable for most based on per capita

I think per capita is a fair argument. This argument actually favors more to affordable trains travel than air travel.

We have roughly 100-120mil travelers who take airways option. But in contrast, there are over 8 bil passengers who take trains to travel. There are at least 10% of that population, ~ 800mil to 1 bil population that can afford to pay for high speed train option. That is roughly $21b turnover annually. This is without touching aviation industry. If we travel at 300kmph from current 100kmph, we save 2/3rd time for people. Man hours saved is man hours added to the economy the way I see.