Away stats of Fab Four vs top nations - SENAI

Majestic

Just now, Jay said:

Not to mention the few times the great srt who is a great don't get me wrong. One of the best ever. Let me make that clear. Even he struggled vs Kiwis in 2000 era on seaming tracks and India got bowled out for 99 and 110 etc. The few times we played on seaming tracks we struggled badly. So much for being great batsmen. 

SRT is definitely the GOAT Indian batsman but Steven Smith is surely ahead in tests, I have seen both play and theres' no doubt in my mind who I will choose in test cricket. 

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

SRT is definitely the GOAT Indian batsman but Steven Smith is surely ahead in tests, I have seen both play and theres' no doubt in my mind who I will choose in test cricket. 

Ofcourse. Smithy is ahead. But one thing to consider. Tenda never had the goat Indian bowling attack or the top class current Aussie attack to support him. He always played with poor weak bowlers outside India in particular. Pacers I mean. Spinners were good. 

He did have good batting support cast though. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

I don't buy this longetivity excuse brought by some reputed posters here. I don't believe someone has to play for 20 years to match Tendulkar. I believe Smith already did. Though, I still believe he will end his career at around 57 average, not a lot higher than Tendulkar.

Edited by Chakdephatte
Just now, Chakdephatte said:

I don't buy this longetivity nonsense by some reputed posters here. I don't believe someone has to play for 20 years to match Tendulkar. I believe Smith already did. Though, I still believe he will end his career at around 57 average, not a lot higher than Tendulkar.

Otherwise Andy would be goat. Far from it clearly. 

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

TL;DR: Quality of bowling in 90s was about par as right now. 3 teams have better attacks than in the past (Eng + NZ + SA), Oz was roughly the same (thanks to Warne), and 3 teams were better in the past (Pak + SL + WI).

This is exactly what I was saying, the bowling quality is comparable to 90s, I wasn't making any OTT claim that the modern era bowlers are a level above the 90s bowlers. 

3 minutes ago, Banton said:

So you are saying

Mathew hayden, , justin langer,michael hussey, clarke, adam gillchrist, ian bell, k pieterson, graem smith , kallis, treshcothik(41 avg as opner in england), Andrew strauss(avg 44 as opner in England) ,Ian bell, 

Sehwag, Rahul dravid, , laxman

would have been like marcus harris, rory burns,dawid malan, t. bavuma, ajinkya rahane , kl rahul, murli vijay, travis head,..in todays era

Drs would have made those boys cower too. You aren't factoring that it. 

We all saw what great fab 4 did vs simon doull of all people in n.z. 99 and 110 all out on seaming pitches. 

Don't overrate these past players based on their inflated stats. 

I am 100% sure they would struggle in modern era vs modern bowlers with drs in play, no unbiased umpiring or atleast better umpiring in general etc. 

Iirc that great English side with Strauss and co got pummelled by pakistan and lanka before winning in India vs an ageing half dead retirement village version of an Indian side. They needed to have their best goat side to beat our weakest ageing team lol. 

Edited by Jay
11 hours ago, Jay said:

Chucking was allowed or atleast not punished enough in 90s. Can't compare eras. Lot of the overrated spinners In 90s would get called for chucking now. Let's be honest. 

Pacers are miles ahead of 90s era. That's why this era is so exciting. Who gives a toss about batsmen. People pay money to watch fast bowlers. 

Batsmen as long as they have decent technique and can grit it out, that's enough for me. 

the fact that they could chuck is what made it harder to face them. current batsmen have it easier in this respect. also, warne, mcgill, kumble, bhajji (marginal), mushtaq ahmed, herath, etc. were not chuckers and all made their debuts or played in 1990s.

pacers are ahead now, I agree with that: I wrote a post earlier in the same vein.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

the fact that they could chuck is what made it harder to face them. current batsmen have it easier in this respect. also, warne, mcgill, kumble, bhajji (marginal), mushtaq ahmed, herath, etc. were not chuckers and all made their debuts or played in 1990s.

pacers are ahead now, I agree with that: I wrote a post earlier in the same vein.

drs makes a difference now. batsmen find it harder to cope with drs. no more dancing around in front of stumps like inzi vs macgrath rofl and pretending like nothing happened. up you go mate. tata see ya lol. pakistan's aukat would have been found out badly in drs era had those so called overrated great players played vs modern attacks. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

drs makes a difference now. batsmen find it harder to cope with drs. no more dancing around in front of stumps like inzi vs macgrath rofl and pretending like nothing happened. up you go mate. tata see ya lol. pakistan's aukat would have been found out badly in drs era had those so called overrated great players played vs modern attacks. 

rules have generally been improving. there was a time in 1950s when you could pretty much pad up to 90% deliveries of spinners and get away from it. even in the 90s, players like Jimmy Adams (better known as Padams) used this a lot.

It was never fab four but only fab 2. Smith & Kohli.

Root has failed alot in Australia, NZ and even in India except that 200 on flat pitch he did nothing great.

Williamson is joke of all. I won't even compare that guy with rahane.

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Tests :-

1. Smith

2. Root

3. Kohli

Some gaps

4. Warner

5. Williamson

6. Rohit/Pujara

Pujara only did well in Australia.

He failed vs england. Failed vs Kiwis and average vs saffers. Shouldn't be in top 6 imo. 

I would say

In peaks;

Smith

Massive gap

Root Then

Kohli