IPL Draft- Make Your team

Ankit_sharma03

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

note that only IPL records are considered

Stats are irrelevant for me. An international player comes with certain pedigree in IPL and if he continues to maintain that pedigree in IPL, that's quality cricketer for me.

For record, Shardul has same numbers as Shami and Siraj with bowl. Does that make him an equally good IPL bowler as those two? So, there is more to the game than just stats.

Now obviously players that lose the pedigree in IPL( like Aaron Finch types) shouldn't be rated as high but this doesn't apply in Shardul case.

Edited by Majestic

1 minute ago, Rantzz said:

Averages 7.7 at strike rate of 120

thats not even bits and pieces

thats a tailender tbh

His bowling average is same as Shami and Siraj so does that make him as good a bowler as those in IPl? Now tell!

Btw, 120 Strike rate is good for a hitter.

Edited by Majestic

Just now, Majestic said:

Same for Shardul's batting..recent upstick..he mostly has got batting in last over so he didn't got much to do but slog. So Strike rate 122.

That’s all good but not good enough to be classified a bowling all rounder imo

Ultimately my point here is not that Shardul is as good a bowler as any of Shami or Siraj. Both are better bowlers than him. In a similar manner, Shardul is clearly a very capable pinch hitter at 8 and you have to look beyond stats in his case just like when it comes to bowling, you can't look at plain stats and say Shardul is at same level bowler to Shami or Siraj.

46 minutes ago, Rantzz said:

Shardul is not yet an IPL level all rounder

44 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Yup at IPL level he’s still bits and pieces

48 minutes ago, Lord said:

note that only IPL records are considered

Shardul actually isnt even a good bowler in IPL, only done well in UAE coz long ground, two pace spungy wkts help save his avg bowling

56 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I am looking for a foreign overseas bowling all rounder too. But not too keen on giving away Shardul Thakur. He is one of the only three quality Indian pace bowling all rounders.

ur team actually needs a batter 

IF you drop shardul and look for indian batsman n overseas all rounder

Problem is their arent many indian batsman in pool infact u can count then on finger and the overseas all rounder mostly cant bat in top 3 apart from 1 may be

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur team actually needs a batter 

IF you drop shardul and look for indian batsman n overseas all rounder

Problem is their arent many indian batsman in pool infact u can count then on finger and the overseas all rounder mostly cant bat in top 3 apart from 1 may be

That's in my plan but obviously will have to look at options available and then decide. Not just Indian batsman but Indian all rounders aren't there and I am sure not all of that overseas bowling all rounders available will be picked due to 4 overseas players quota. 

Shardul is nevertheless a more than decent enough option. He was good in the first game where he got 22, he was batting higher than Axar Patel so obviously he has the skills which is why it was worth backing him by DC. He did fine last game under pressure with the bowl also, just not enough runs to defend.

Edited by Majestic