Bumrah is becoming a blunt spearhead and needs a break

maniac

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

avg 68 against Aus, 115 s/r  (dont make a fool of urself now by saying he hasnt played their best bowlers)

before u say its coz he ends being no out- 480 runs in 8 innings (do the math)

avg of 43 against england 129 s/r

Kuch pata nhin bas bolna hai 

he almost got a 100 in SA in a test match(far difficult n far better attack )

Even thisara perera has a mad 140 in 74 balls in Nz shud i start comparing him Rohit sharma an ATG of the format but doesnt have a 100 in NZ 

ohh btw u didnt tell me why did that twice the hitter career went nowhere , infact even in IPL kept rolling downhill to career end (whereas his peers like DK, uthappa, Rayudu who debut before him still playing) 

you think you are smarter than a kohli fan? Cmon get real. You can't compete with them when it comes to being mentally stunted. Doosra level

IIT of cricket brain trust. We are in the biscuit league of maybe a bits palani level compared to them. They are savants in this field. The autistic type I mean. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

avg 68 against Aus, 115 s/r  (dont make a fool of urself now by saying he hasnt played their best bowlers)

before u say its coz he ends being no out- 480 runs in 8 innings (do the math)

avg of 43 against england 129 s/r

he almost got a 100 in SA in a test match(far difficult n far better attack )

Even thisara perera has a mad 140 in 74 balls in Nz shud i start comparing him Rohit sharma an ATG of the format but doesnt have a 100 in NZ

@Trichromatic once wrote a detailed thread about his match by match performance. Maybe in T20s and it surely suggested that he has been underwhelming. His injuries didn't help. Can't believe we are still discussing it, however big a fan you might be, it's not tough to see. It's another thing that he needs to play because of TINA. 

Edited by Chakdephatte

10 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

@Trichromatic once wrote a detailed thread about his match by match performance. Maybe in T20s and it surely suggested that he has been underwhelming. His injuries didn't help. Can't believe we are still discussing it, however big a fan you might be, it's not tough to see. It's another thing that he needs to play because of TINA. 

that to even i said he has been underwhelming along with  pant 

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

Looking at random scorecards and making comments is not an analysis (it is like a blind trying to lead a blind) … An “analysis” takes into account many facets including a) a player fast tracked to international cricket, b) playing mainly as a bowler who can also bat early on,  c) missing some of his best phase due to injuries, d) accounting for batting positions, e) drawing on performances of players at similar stage of careers, and f) looking at various tournaments including IPL (not to forget the series in Aus)

Stats are mostly useful to a) understand a player you have not seen (once you see a player you know his talents), b) evaluate current form, c) understand a pattern over a large sample size, and d) make ATG comparisons of players whose careers are over (or almost over)

Edited by zen

19 hours ago, Adamant said:

Yusuf Pathan

Avg 28 str rate 114.

Nothing but a journeyman cricketer, no one puts him anywhere in the league of greats or even good players. 

He was twice the hitter Pandya is. 

The reality is that Pandya hasn't even come close to Pathan's level so let's just not use words like "uncommon" and "rare" for players like Pandya. 

@Vijy

Asif Ali averages 26 at 122 in ODI's, that guy is not even good enough to grab a permanent spot in Pakistan team. 

Buttler is an odi great, let's not even mention Pandu in the same sentence. 

I think both of you need to clear your understanding of modern cricket so that you can differentiate between actual impact players(Buttler, Maxwell) and frauds(Pandya, Ali). 

I said 30+ at 115-120 SR. no need to be deliberately obtuse... unless of course, this is just your natural modus operandi.

Edited by Vijy