#swedengate

coffee_rules

Basically, it started with a guy on Reddit narrating an incident when he was playing in his friend’s house, a Swedish family, it was lunch time and his friend went to eat lunch alone and the family didn’t offer anything to this guy. It turned out to be a viral story about how Swedish are racist in this woke BLM world.

I think it’s the opposite in Indian families. We force feed anybody entering the house. Chai, coffee, biskut, mixtures, sev, fruits or even breakfast/lunch.

Once I had to eat a garlic rasam at a friend’s house (as a kid) which had big cloves of garlic floating around and I hate garlic .

”Aap itne dinon ke baad aaye hain, kuch na kuch to lena hi padega” , zabaradasti khilate hain mehamaanon ko. Any such experiences? 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I think it’s the opposite in Indian families. We force feed anybody entering the house. Chai, coffee, biskut, mixtures, sev, fruits or even breakfast/lunch.

And we do it at a higher level in Karnataka.  Nowhere else have I heard strangers who were just introduced to you offer to feed you. 

Depending on time of day, the first question would be:

Before 8 am:  aaythaa kaapi?  (done with coffee?)

8 am to -12 noon :aaythaa thinDi? (... breakfast?)

12 N - 2 PM:  aaythaa ooTaa? (...meal i.e., lunch?)

2 PM - 3 PM: aaythaa tea?

3 PM - 7 PM: aaythaa tiffan?

7 PM - whenever: aaythaa ooTaa? (...dinner?)

But the key is that the question is only rhetorical.  Even if you answer "Yes," we will drag you and treat you to something either at a "hotel" or at home.  At least it was that way when I left in the early 90s.

One time I went back to visit when I was still single and ate 9 times in a day, including Shataabdi express breakfast.  At 10 pm, it all came out against gravity. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I know, I like it heavily minced or ground. Not a fan of biting big chunks of garlic cloves. :puke:

It's a common problem with karnataka vegetarian people. Mash it fry it like shallow fry it till smell subsides before adding veggies. Or fully cook it like in a pressure cooker with dal etc.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

It's a common problem with karnataka vegetarian people. Mash it fry it like shallow fry it till smell subsides before adding veggies. Or fully cook it like in a pressure cooker with dal etc.

I have the same problem with raw onions. Most of what I cook, I either sauté it or boil it. Wifey eats parathe with raw onion. :wall:

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I have the same problem with raw onions. Most of what I cook, I either sauté it or boil it. Wifey eats parathe with raw onion. :wall:

Yeah north indians do that, use lemon juice or caramelise onions. Shallow fry garlic.  Both will go well with each other. Make sure masal fried and looses raw smell as well, many cuisines in India, Caribbean,SL etc don't do this often.

14 hours ago, Clarke said:

Typical of the cancel crowd, nothing is good enough for them. I don't know if this meal thing is true, maybe its a cultural one. Swedes have provided a good amount of generosity over the years.

I am loving the examination and frying that swedes are getting wish Fins get it next, similar fake liberal society. Ofcourse not all of them but plenty. They are part fake liberal part woke muslim appeasement society.