Whats happening to Dear Lizzie?

Vickydev

On 9/10/2022 at 2:56 AM, coffee_rules said:

Forget crying, they are crying that their white world is crumbling in front of their eyes. Look at this Joker Carlson’s eulogy. Lamenting on the Sun setting on the greatest empire that ruled the world with decency. If you can make it to 5 mins, he says India should be grateful to Brits because it built the Mumbai train station and claims Indians have never built as beautiful as that! This is racism, not knowing the legacy of colonialism of what it did to humans in Africa and Asia.

Oh Man! Tucker should have simply shouted WH1T3 P0W3R with a white pointed hoodie and arm raised, would have saved a few min for everyone. 

There are many reasons to dislike King Charles the turd, but chief among them for me as a scientist:

Ernst uses Prince Charles’ own words to demonstrate his ignorance of science and medicine. He thinks conventional medicine is nothing but “pills and procedures”. At the age of 34, he had the chutzpah to lecture to the members of the British Medical Association on the power of spiritualism, urging them to follow their intuition rather than look for scientific evidence. He has always been intuitively averse to scientific materialism and was drawn to mysticism. He fell under the influence of disreputable advisers such as Laurens van der Post, who was a compulsive liar and who impregnated a 14-year-old girl.

In addition to haranguing doctors, he has been lobbying politicians to get the NHS to pay for alternative medicine. Fortunately, his efforts have had little effect.

He says “the evidence of experience is just as important as scientific evidence”. He repeatedly falls for the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and other logical fallacies. Ernst wonders if he is really that ignorant about science and logic, or if is this motivated ignorance, ignoring anything that disagrees with his opinions.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/prince-charles-and-alternative-medicine/

20 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There are many reasons to dislike King Charles the turd, but chief among them for me as a scientist:

Ernst uses Prince Charles’ own words to demonstrate his ignorance of science and medicine. He thinks conventional medicine is nothing but “pills and procedures”. At the age of 34, he had the chutzpah to lecture to the members of the British Medical Association on the power of spiritualism, urging them to follow their intuition rather than look for scientific evidence. He has always been intuitively averse to scientific materialism and was drawn to mysticism. He fell under the influence of disreputable advisers such as Laurens van der Post, who was a compulsive liar and who impregnated a 14-year-old girl.

In addition to haranguing doctors, he has been lobbying politicians to get the NHS to pay for alternative medicine. Fortunately, his efforts have had little effect.

He says “the evidence of experience is just as important as scientific evidence”. He repeatedly falls for the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and other logical fallacies. Ernst wonders if he is really that ignorant about science and logic, or if is this motivated ignorance, ignoring anything that disagrees with his opinions.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/prince-charles-and-alternative-medicine/

You must dislike most Indians then who believe in this stuff

On 9/15/2022 at 5:43 AM, sage said:

You must dislike most Indians then who believe in this stuff

:-)

It's one thing for regular people to hold these beliefs, but IMO, someone who has a platform like he does has a responsibility to seek and propagate scientifically sound information.  Of course, he has a vested interest in spreading mis/disinformation about modern, high-yield, land-sparing agricultural technologies and romanticizing primitive agriculture and unproven remedies because it may drive up sales of his large organics and herbal quackery brand.  Hence the dislike. 

I read an article about how much he cares about the environment.  What a joke ... it's like saying K L Rahul cares about strike rates. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I saw couple of TV channels covering the funeral live with commentary like a Republic  Day parade. This is really cringe and why would regular Indians care about foreign royalty?

We have a propensity to fawn over the "ruling class".  Foreign or domestic.

A couple of days ago, I got a WhatsApp message asking everyone in the group to give a day of their healthy life to Narendra Modiji so his ayushya can increase and he can keep ruling us for a long time. 

Really?  He's a ruler? 

He's a politician - an elected official, a servant of the people.  But, we see them as rulers/saviours.  This same attitude has allowed the Nehru clan to treat the nation like it was their property. 

I almost threw up on my phone and gave a reply that I'd rather give a day of my life (if it was possible at all) to a doctor or scientist.  I was afraid I would get me booted out of the group.  Didn't happen :-). 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

13 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

We have a propensity to fawn over the "ruling class".  Foreign or domestic.

A couple of days ago, I got a WhatsApp message asking everyone in the group to give a day of their healthy life to Narendra Modiji so his ayushya can increase and he can keep ruling us for a long time. 

Really?  He's a ruler? 

He's a politician - an elected official, a servant of the people.  But, we see them as rulers/saviours.  This same attitude has allowed the Nehru clan to treat the nation like it was their property. 

I almost threw up on my phone and gave a reply that I'd rather give a day of my life (if it was possible at all) to a doctor or scientist.  I was afraid I would get me booted out of the group.  Didn't happen :-). 

Congress media Cell.

5 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Samjhaa nahin ... so, Congress is spreading messages on WhatsApp praising NaMo? 

See , BJP Supporters and leaders are educated. If I get a message like this from HSS or any other, I will call it out immediately. This is not support but maligning the RSS/BJP/NAMO legacy. You should call it out too with reason and jsutification why you think its an attempt to malign Namo. If group is similar to your intellect, I am sure all would have protested just like you without speaking and will support you.

Edited by mishra

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

See , BJP Supporters and leaders are educated. If I get a message like this from HSS or any other, I will call it out immediately. This is not support but maligning the RSS/BJP/NAMO legacy. You should call it out too with reason and jsutification why you think its an attempt to malign Namo. If group is similar to your intellect, I am sure all would have protested just like you without speaking and will support you.

I never thought it was an attempt to malign NaMo.  That never occurred to me until now.

I took it at face value - as an attempt to praise NaMo - and said that it is asinine for us to grovel at the feet of any politician, including NaMo.  That NaMo is a servant of the people, not a king.  Some people on there booed me with thumbs-down emojis etc ... but I didn't get booted out :-).

57 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I never thought it was an attempt to malign NaMo.  That never occurred to me until now.

I took it at face value - as an attempt to praise NaMo - and said that it is asinine for us to grovel at the feet of any politician, including NaMo.  That NaMo is a servant of the people, not a king.  Some people on there booed me with thumbs-down emojis etc ... but I didn't get booted out :-).

I am in a bunch of BJP /RSS support groups, family groups who wholeheartedly support Modi, never saw this type of message. Usually it is some last gut a lamp, makes some noise outside kind of msgs