Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I back Sarfraz. But if he is serious about national selection he bloody has to sweat his ass off and lose a lot of weight. I am all for his selection right now. But selectors clearly look for fitness. So he should address that. If he doesn't do that that means he is not serious about his international career. Uthappa had a medical condition. He just could not lose weight. But he bloody worked hard. I expect such commitment from these players.  There is a huge incentive playing for India. Why is this guy not realizing it?

Why this doesnt apply to Rohit? Captain can't be fat himself and ask for slim players

Sarfaraz is unfortunately quite useless vs 140K pace. I used to be a big supporter of him; now, I believe he is a lot more limited than I expected. can still avg around 45 by scoring heavily at home, in SC, and on flat pitches.

Moving on, Gill is truly demonstrating that he is a flat pitch expert. should not be opening in tests for sure, and might even not warrant a place in tests given his LOI excellence

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

Sarfaraz is unfortunately quite useless vs 140K pace. I used to be a big supporter of him; now, I believe he is a lot more limited than I expected. can still avg around 45 by scoring heavily at home, in SC, and on flat pitches.

Moving on, Gill is truly demonstrating that he is a flat pitch expert. should not be opening in tests for sure, and might even not warrant a place in tests given his LOI excellence

Middle order would do him good. 

15 hours ago, Vijy said:

That can be worked upon. What's the batting coach there for.

Otherwise hes quite good v spin and relatively free scoring player

4 hours ago, Lord said:

That can be worked upon. What's the batting coach there for.

Otherwise hes quite good v spin and relatively free scoring player

not really. most Ind players who were bad vs quick pace (azhar, gangu, raina) remained bad for the most part

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

still had good careers. Especially Gangu and Azhar in Tests

yes, but they did little of note in SA and Oz barring isolated knocks. I agree sarfaraz can be that kind of player too. should do well enough in SC, WI, and maybe Eng/NZ if not green pitches

Just now, Vijy said:

yes, but they did little of note in SA and Oz barring isolated knocks. I agree sarfaraz can be that kind of player too. should do well enough in SC, WI, and maybe Eng/NZ if not green pitches

Pujara/Rahane have also failed in 2 out of 4 SENA countries

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

no but should be enough to replace them. They played whole career like this

yes, sarfaraz is ok with me.

no. 1 ??

no. 2 jaiswal

no. 3 ??

no. 4 gill

no. 5 sarfaraz

no. 6 pant

would like to see sundar somewhere in the mix. if he can return well from injuries and rediscover batting form, he can even play in top order

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

As expected, Gill makes a flashy 20(25). should play in MO (and maybe not even be persisted with in tests)

I am all for picking him and another youngsters instead of seniors

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Sarfaraz

Rinku

That should be the order going forward. Thats the best we have.

6 hours ago, Lord said:

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Sarfaraz

Rinku

These clowns Pujara/Rohit/Kohli/Rahane remotely achieved anything like Tendulkar/Dravid/Laxman/Sehwag in Tests. Why are they not phasing them out.  Ideally all can be kicked out the same time. An year back Pujara and Rahane were out of the side. Now they are back. Never in the wildest dreams i expected Rahane to come abck.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

These clowns Pujara/Rohit/Kohli/Rahane remotely achieved anything like Tendulkar/Dravid/Laxman/Sehwag in Tests. Why are they not phasing them out.  Ideally all can be kicked out the same time. An year back Pujara and Rahane were out of the side. Now they are back. Never in the wildest dreams i expected Rahane to come abck.

did you expect in your wildest dreams to see ishant, boobi, dhawan return? you may get to see 1-2 of these return too

11 hours ago, Lord said:

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Sarfaraz

Rinku

seems like it, although I am not sure abour ruturaj and rinku. what about sundar? If he is injury free, he can play at 5 or 6

12 hours ago, Lord said:

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Sarfaraz

Rinku

Is it for overseas tests ?

Then I will go with

Jaiswal

Rohan Kunnummal/Abhimanyu Easwaran

Ruturaj

Gill

No 5 can be from Rinku, Baba Indrajith or even Hanuma Vihari. 

Hanuma Vihari can set perfectly in a team which has stroke players 1-4 and at 6 (Pant).