Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

On 6/11/2023 at 8:44 AM, vvvslaxman said:

These clowns Pujara/Rohit/Kohli/Rahane remotely achieved anything like Tendulkar/Dravid/Laxman/Sehwag in Tests. Why are they not phasing them out.  Ideally all can be kicked out the same time. An year back Pujara and Rahane were out of the side. Now they are back. Never in the wildest dreams i expected Rahane to come abck.

True statement. 

If it wasn't for India's peak bowling attack which was the best from 2015 to about 2022, we wouldn't have been no 1 for 5 years. 

Also you could imagine how good india would be in 2002-2011 era had those batsmen like Sachin and co had the support of that pace attack of bharat arun. 

8 hours ago, wazza said:

True statement. 

If it wasn't for India's peak bowling attack which was the best from 2015 to about 2022, we wouldn't have been no 1 for 5 years. 

Also you could imagine how good india would be in 2002-2011 era had those batsmen like Sachin and co had the support of that pace attack of bharat arun. 

Ind batting of 2000s + kohli (at peak) + 2015-22 bowling would be an extremely good team

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

Ind batting of 2000s + kohli (at peak) + 2015-22 bowling would be an extremely good team

Kohlis case baffles me. Do you think its just a case of becoming too rich to work hard, grind and remain at the top? I mean having 150 mil usd is insane and to get up and go to work will take substantial effort unless he has natural passion. 

For comparison, Steve Smith the goat is no pauper himself. He has about 30 mil odd. Still a lot of money but obviously a fair bit lower than kohli yet he has the drive and passion to become number 1 at any cost. He lives for cricket. He is eccentric. Kohli isn't as dedicated imo. 

In saying that, it could also be due to age fudging? Kohl does look at lot older and his decline was rapid. 

Or do you just believe he got found out eventually ever since he lost his hand eye coordination as he might not actually have the talent to remain at the top like Sachin used to? 

2 hours ago, wazza said:

Kohlis case baffles me. Do you think its just a case of becoming too rich to work hard, grind and remain at the top? I mean having 150 mil usd is insane and to get up and go to work will take substantial effort unless he has natural passion. 

For comparison, Steve Smith the goat is no pauper himself. He has about 30 mil odd. Still a lot of money but obviously a fair bit lower than kohli yet he has the drive and passion to become number 1 at any cost. He lives for cricket. He is eccentric. Kohli isn't as dedicated imo. 

In saying that, it could also be due to age fudging? Kohl does look at lot older and his decline was rapid. 

Or do you just believe he got found out eventually ever since he lost his hand eye coordination as he might not actually have the talent to remain at the top like Sachin used to? 

Koolie is suffering from  भड़वावुड virus

2 hours ago, wazza said:

he is likely older than his reported age, and for most players from india, the decline is sharp from 37 or so. I think that is what happened. kohli is still quite dedicated to fitness and cricket, for his brand value if nothing else

12 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is likely older than his reported age, and for most players from india, the decline is sharp from 37 or so. I think that is what happened. kohli is still quite dedicated to fitness and cricket, for his brand value if nothing else

You can be ultra fit but hand eye coordination is not something you can change once it goes. If you had technical flaws it will get exposed. 

5 hours ago, wazza said:

Smith managed to keep his hunger alive because he don't play T20's, IPL, Tests and ODI all together.

With such high amount of cricket Kohli is playing, he is bound to burn himself out quickly as compared to Smith or Kane or Root. 

Overdose of anything is bad, and the same is happening now with Kohli, despite playing cricket from last 15 years, he has not yet added the sweep and cut shots in his armory. Combine it with his ageing hand eye coordination, his game is declining on the pitches where there is support for the bowlers.

He should have left one format by now..but the media hype of chasing 100 100's is something which has delayed that decision.

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Smith managed to keep his hunger alive because he don't play T20's, IPL, Tests and ODI all together.

With such high amount of cricket Kohli is playing, he is bound to burn himself out quickly as compared to Smith or Kane or Root. 

Overdose of anything is bad, and the same is happening now with Kohli, despite playing cricket from last 15 years, he has not yet added the sweep and cut shots in his armory. Combine it with his ageing hand eye coordination, his game is declining on the pitches where there is support for the bowlers.

He should have left one format by now..but the media hype of chasing 100 100's is something which has delayed that decision.

he is a looong way from that 100 100s.

On 6/10/2023 at 11:14 AM, Lord said:

I am all for picking him and another youngsters instead of seniors

Jaiswal

Ruturaj

Gill

Sarfaraz

Rinku

That should be the order going forward. Thats the best we have.

I am pretty optimistic about Sai Sudarshan as well.  Not sure about which format will be the right fit, probably ODI for a start. 

He seems to have a good technique and the right attitude to succeed

22 hours ago, bowl_out said:

I am pretty optimistic about Sai Sudarshan as well.  Not sure about which format will be the right fit, probably ODI for a start. 

He seems to have a good technique and the right attitude to succeed

yes hes good too. Jitesh can be tried in T20s

Gill, IMO, has shown his true colors in WTC and in WI (both ODIs and Tests). play him only on absolute pattas (inside or outside SC). and SKY demonstrating once again he is not suitable for ODIs.

Jaiswal has been good. time to eventually give gaikwad, sudharsan, rinku, etc a go in ODIs.

18 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Oh yes, why would someone be responsible for his own performance

Because people like you and co only want your favourites to play. You and the like will request management to play youngsters in a few random games and expect immediate results. Youngsters are a work in progress. They take time to develop. India like most of its fans are so antiquated in their thinking. Still everything is about experience not ability. 

You need to ensure youngsters get proper run of games with no interruption from management. Will india do that ? Never. So suffer. 

Keep playing kohli dhawan rohit and keep selecting trundlees. Keep rewarding domestic trundlers instead of selecting the quicks based on ability. 

Let's keep the same team till 2027. No problem