Why Indian players need to be more aware of caste privilege and oppression

vvvslaxman

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

it’sa commonly used word in Bombay, I thought it was slang, no idea about the caste related origins of it. 

So yes there is a point here but possibly a bit exaggerated. 

Cricket as a sport is an expensive one to play at the "proper" level, so correlations about participation numbers have more to do with economics than anything else. 

It's a recent term, was barely ever used before tiktok or other social media platforms got mainstream, it ain't anything to do with caste in modern usage, I guess in mumbai to emulate the rich and affluent the lower classes have found a way out albeit very cringe worthy but yh mumbai cricket has been traditionally dominated by middle class Marathi brahmins but it's changing now.

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

A reason why stopped visiting cricinfo website. Monga and that lady were terrible on top of taking shots at IPL. Cricbuzz is the only site I visit. Cricinfo might be struggling trying to manufacture these new things for Indian cricket. 

This

They are desperate for Clicks and Views.

Stick with Cricbuzz.

2 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

It's a recent term, was barely ever used before tiktok or other social media platforms got mainstream, it ain't anything to do with caste in modern usage, I guess in mumbai to emulate the rich and affluent the lower classes have found a way out albeit very cringe worthy but yh mumbai cricket has been traditionally dominated by middle class Marathi brahmins but it's changing now.

It's not recent. Been around since 1980s. 

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This article caught my attention due to that word 'Chapri' which honestly I didn't know what it means :) Just wanted to understand.

I think Monga wanted to write an article on caste impact on Indian cricket. The word "Caste" is firstly abused by western world and our so called intellectual toe line with them. The word Chapri is much milder than saying "he is a d!@k" but apparently d!@k is not derogatory because it doesn't point to any caste. If this article is just written out of need to show his empathy to underprivilege players that come from remote areas then he did a bad job.   

11 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

The farmers protest was funded by khalistanis from overseas, it was in Collab with leftists, break India forces and offcourse anti bjp folks, it should have been busted from the onset, bjp will never gain support in Punjab 

I'm aware about all that but don't think we should use this thread to discuss that. Point was specifically cricinfo related in that they took a position on an issue when they didn't need to and undermined their own credibility. 

35 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I'm aware about all that but don't think we should use this thread to discuss that. Point was specifically cricinfo related in that they took a position on an issue when they didn't need to and undermined their own credibility. 

Ohh yhh offcourse, but a few jatt Sikh Indian cricketers brar and gill took to social to entertain khalistani elements, infact both should have been taken to the cleaners by bcci, they took sides and tried painting the gov to be anti Sikh while hiding behind  farmers protest, funnily out of 268 farm unions in the country only 26 did not want the laws.