Women Premier League Discussion thread - Mar 04-26, 2023 (Live on Sports 18 & Jio Cinema)

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

Badly exposed against spin in this tourney. She had her issues even before but this is like Iyer against short ball level vulnerable. 

Feels like this is what happens when Indian players execute against Indian teammate's weak point which they're well aware of. 

Edited by Strangering
5 minutes ago, Strangering said:

Feels like this is what happens when Indian players execute against Indian teammate's weak point which they're well aware of. 

Sometimes being a room mate is enough lol Kyle had wood over Kohli in Tests. Nailed him in both innings in the WTC final

Other than India every successful odi team has aggresive openers. Whereas india would play same placid rohit , Kohli at the top who would take their own sweet times even new ones are also selfish or placid. We need a player with sehwag or Shaw kind of intent at the top , as other teams have more players with sehwag or Shaw intent.

The fraud Deepti Sharma gave away 18 runs in her last over when Anjali had an over left, their most eco bowler. Now, she is batting at 5 with Eccelstone still to come... Lol this is some KL rahul type chewtiyapa. She is the impact player for oppositions

Edit - Fraudster is on 4 off 12 :hysterical:

Looks like Deepti is earning big from MI... ****Fix Fix FiX ****

Edited by nitinbwj
25 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

The fraud Deepti Sharma gave away 18 runs in her last over when Anjali had an over left, their most eco bowler. Now, she is batting at 5 with Eccelstone still to come... Lol this is some KL rahul type chewtiyapa. She is the impact player for oppositions

Edit - Fraudster is on 4 off 12 :hysterical:

Looks like Deepti is earning big from MI... ****Fix Fix FiX ****

Rather embarrassing for her knowing her best discipline is running out the backing up batter . Like quite a few Indian women they have been found wanting in WPL 

Issue Wong is a star! Next Ellyse Perry. 

Our players have been found wanting. Even the best of India(HK) doesn’t rank in the top 5-6 scorers. 

Hopefully franchise cricket can push the fitness levels to where they can call themselves professional sportsperson. 

SMandhana - weak approach, weak fitness, weak mentality. She needs some protein. 

Shefali - right attitude but lots of weaknesses exposed by good bowlers, poor shot selection and sometimes poorer techniqueNot sure how long before she can come close to Eng/Aus players. 

JRod - good attitude, needs to really focus on the crease. Looks like so much distraction with things that she does well that make her oblivious to how good she can be! 

impressed with Shikha Pandey. Hopefully she can get a couple of yards of pace and lean and build from here. 

No one else worth writing home about! 

2 hours ago, devla said:

Our players have been found wanting. Even the best of India(HK) doesn’t rank in the top 5-6 scorers. 

Hopefully franchise cricket can push the fitness levels to where they can call themselves professional sportsperson. 

SMandhana - weak approach, weak fitness, weak mentality. She needs some protein. 

Shefali - right attitude but lots of weaknesses exposed by good bowlers, poor shot selection and sometimes poorer techniqueNot sure how long before she can come close to Eng/Aus players. 

JRod - good attitude, needs to really focus on the crease. Looks like so much distraction with things that she does well that make her oblivious to how good she can be! 

impressed with Shikha Pandey. Hopefully she can get a couple of yards of pace and lean and build from here. 

Agree with most of what you say except last sentence .

For me the Indian girl who has impressed me and with lots of hard work with correct coaches could be a very good player and that player is Yastrika . IMO she has a much better technique as an opening batter than Mandhana and has played a few good innings  also she as a wicketkeeper does the basics better than Richa  Ghosh . Compared to Rodrigues who I feel is a little bit of a show pony Yastrika seems like a girl who has been listening to Charlotte Edwards 

6 hours ago, devla said:

That spinner Ishaque Saikia is good. 

3 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

For me the Indian girl who has impressed me and with lots of hard work with correct coaches could be a very good player and that player is Yastrika . IMO she has a much better technique as an opening batter than Mandhana and has played a few good innings  also she as a wicketkeeper does the basics better than Richa  Ghosh . Compared to Rodrigues who I feel is a little bit of a show pony Yastrika seems like a girl who has been listening to Charlotte Edwards 

I liked Pooja Vastrakar attitude. She hasn't been utilised correctly by Mandhana/Harman in Indian team she can hit the ball straight away. Smacked a 87m six the other day. She is a better hitter than Navgire as she looks to hit straight. 

5 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

I liked Pooja Vastrakar attitude. She hasn't been utilised correctly by Mandhana/Harman in Indian team she can hit the ball straight away. Smacked a 87m six the other day. She is a better hitter than Navgire as she looks to hit straight. 

You are right , she was great last night exactly what was required . Unfortunately she missed a few games with a injury but I feel Charlotte Edwards really likes her to bring power to line up and when fully fit a bowling option . Like you say in Indian set up she needs used properly 

11 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

That spinner Ishaque Saikia is good. 

Lost it completely after getting hit for 20 but with some experience she will learn how to just dismiss that as one of those T20 things that can happen . I think 13 wickets , second equal most and all for 10 Lachs which definitely shows up most other Indian buys .

Mumbai bought every Indian player ( 12) for less than RCB bought 3 of them 

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Yastika always could protect her wicket. She lacked t he power game or the big hitting game if needed. She can improve a lot though. Mandhana has to tighten her technique a bit.

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Was a big miss in the semi final against Australia