Rohan Gavaskar commentary

vvvslaxman

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/rubbish-absolute-travesty-gavaskar-s-controversial-on-air-comments-involving-rinku-singh-yash-dayal-draws-flak-in-ipl-2023-101681107066890.htmll

"This is why I say it's a bowler's game. He has bowled absolute rubbish over there, but we've been talking about Rinku Singh and how good he has been batting. Yesterday we were saying that if a batter goes at about a run-a-ball or at a strike-rate of 120, you are criticising him. A bowler goes for 31 and you say it's Rinku Singh - he takes the plaudits. And that is why I keep saying this is a bowler's game," he said.

All credit to Rinku (esp. for showing a cool head) but that over by Yash Dayal is probably the worst last over that I have seen (3 full tosses and 2 half trackers iirc). It appeared as if the bowler completely lost the plot for some reason (despite having like 30 runs to defend).

Anyways, these things produced a memorable game. 

Edited by zen

It seems like Rohan is getting a lot of backlash for what he said, but he isn't wrong. I give Rinku Singh credit for what he did, but it was truly a rubbish over. Each of those balls that went for sixes deserved to be hit for a six. The bowler just crumbled under the pressure. I can name at least 5 West Indian batters that would have also hit 5 sixes on those balls.