Any ICFer currently working in or has worked as a Supply Chain Planning role?

MechEng

I'm deciding to switch from procurement to SCM planning or logistics (prduct distribution).

Kept hearing that planning is more intellectually stimulating and more fun than procurement, not sure if it's a correct assesment, but I would like to know if the grass is greener on the other side phenomena exists here. 

15 hours ago, MechEng said:

Tu bhi IT/electronics waala?

IT/electronics comes naturally to Indians like spin bowling.

Yeah , but my previous experience of IoT prior to the startup was more into the product management part of it. Anyway , Covid19 put an end to that startup. Was more of an alternate to blackbuck that we were implementing. 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:36 PM, MechEng said:

I'm deciding to switch from procurement to SCM planning or logistics (prduct distribution).

Kept hearing that planning is more intellectually stimulating and more fun than procurement, not sure if it's a correct assesment, but I would like to know if the grass is greener on the other side phenomena exists here. 

Supply Chain is a very impressive field. It is challenging and intellectually stimulating. If you are interested in that go ahead and take the jump. There are several Indians who are leaders in the field, and it is a very essential service.

And if you struggle with deliveries blame it on COVID like rest of them.