1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

India should play this team:

Rohit(c)

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Sky/Shreyas

KL (wk)

Pandya/Axar/Washington/Jadeja (depend on pitch)

Chahal

Shami

Siraj

3rd Seamer/Spinner (depend on pitch)

Chahal :facepalm:

What do people even see in that joker?

If we really end up playing Chahal over Kuldeep and Bishnoi, who are better than him in all three departments, I might end up supporting Bangladesh.

@Austin 3:!6 apart from Chahal, i actually like your team. Jaiswal can fill in the 6th bowler quota like Yuvi did in 2011. Batting looks pretty strong but instead of KL , I'd have an X factor player like Kishan to add a different dimension to the team...

We already have enough consolidators in Rohit, Kohli, Iyer, Gill...even Pandya is a pretty good consolidator these days. Kishan has the potential to really work wonders in a lineup like ours in Pant's absence.

14 hours ago, Vijy said:

I expect SFs to be 4 out of the following 6 if schedule permits: Eng, Pak, Aus, NZ [even though they are down-and-out, they will drag themselves to SFs], SL, Ind

Ind plays Aus, AFG, & Pak in its first 3 games. If it loses 2 of those, it could get in a difficult situation where one more loss to a major team could knock it out. 

7 hours ago, zen said:

Ind plays Aus, AFG, & Pak in its first 3 games. If it loses 2 of those, it could get in a difficult situation where one more loss to a major team could knock it out. 

indeed, 1st round defeat is most likely. SF is the max they can do