Virat Kohli's total net worth ₹1050 crores claims report: 8.9cr per Instagram post, 175cr from brand endorsements

12 hours ago, Lord said:

enough to retire,Virat 

He has a wife and family now, that lead a particular kind of rich lifestyle. This costs money to sustain, not to mention all the power opportunities that come with it.

He is no where near retiring. Being in the spotlight, means more dollars not just for him or his daughter but his grandchildren and their kids.

13 hours ago, nevada said:

I strongly suspect that so called batting coach Rathore is funneling some money up the food chain. And I wouldn't be shocked if certain players were doing the same. 

If you sit down and think about it, giving "money under the table" even if it was a million dollars to a few selectors, is absolutely worth nothing compared to the millions they are making by remaining in the Indian team.

This is the biggest scam in cricket at the moment. Bigger than players throwing games for gambling purposes.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I probably wouldn't either... why should one if the system has no accountability.

Exactly. Cricket is no longer a sport or representing your country for them, its purely a business opportunity and a rich one at that.

Why would any player retire if they are making millions? Its actual stupid beyond comprehension why a player would retire.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Yes, he will be around till then

Isnt there a Pakistani player in his 40s still playing? I cannot see why Kohli would retire?

Team selectors wont drop him, Captains will pick him and advertising companies are paying him millions. He is staying until he cannot stand upright on the cricket field.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Isnt there a Pakistani player in his 40s still playing? I cannot see why Kohli would retire?

Team selectors wont drop him, Captains will pick him and advertising companies are paying him millions. He is staying until he cannot stand upright on the cricket field.

Kohli will "only" be officially 38 in 2027. Dravid, kumble, and SRT were around this age when they retired. one doesn't even have to look at players like misbah, jayasuria, and chanderpaul who played into 40s

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Kohli will "only" be officially 38 in 2027. Dravid, kumble, and SRT were around this age when they retired. one doesn't even have to look at players like misbah, jayasuria, and chanderpaul who played into 40s

Thats a chilling post. Agree.

I agree, Kohli is playing into his 40s after your comments. He is physically in excellent condition, arguably better than any Indian in the side. His cricket ability is irrelevant.

SRT with Kohli's form could have played for a few more years, though physically I think his body was spent.

31 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I dont blame Kohli, not a single poster in here would retire regardless of form, if they were earning this amount of money by being in the team. I wouldnt.

I blame the BCCI for selecting him and others in the squad. Rahane back in means Kohli is going to be there even longer than what I ever imagined.

Rahane crawling back lol is hilarious. 

He is a good captain in my personal opinion. All he needed to do was average around 40 to be captain. Somehow he bombed that. He averages 28 over the last 3 years. 

Steve Smith averages 58 over the last 3 years still

Marnus is 59 as lucky as he gets. He still scores. 

17 minutes ago, wazza said:

Rahane crawling back lol is hilarious. 

He is a good captain in my personal opinion. All he needed to do was average around 40 to be captain. Somehow he bombed that. He averages 28 over the last 3 years. 

Steve Smith averages 58 over the last 3 years still

Marnus is 59 as lucky as he gets. He still scores. 

I still cant believe that Rahane managed to get back in.

I remembered the rumour and thought a poster was drunk.

No way it could be off IPL form.

Apparently only in Indian Cricket does an aged star performing well in IPL meaning that he will be back in the Test line up. Its absurd.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I still cant believe that Rahane managed to get back in.

I remembered the rumour and thought a poster was drunk.

No way it could be off IPL form.

Apparently only in Indian Cricket does an aged star performing well in IPL meaning that he will be back in the Test line up. Its absurd.

Ha you are underestimating how much nepotism and prejudice is involved when it's regarding selections for the Indian team. It's preposterous. I can't fathom how rahan made it to India. He is still clinging on to the 2021 series win lol. 

Don't get me wrong he is a fabulous captain but he is not a good batsman. You can't expect to play if you aren't good at what you are supposed to be but oh wait? He is playing lol. India never change 

7 hours ago, wazza said:

Maybe. Technically he has won the world cup and chmpions trophy. Been number 1 in tests for 5 years. He is missing the wtc mace though and t20 title.last chance in this odi wc. We will definitely pick him even though he isn't in form. More deserving players won't get chances as senior culture is pervasive in our society.

His biggest things that go for him is his performance against Pakistan, apart from odd failures he batted well against them. Generally India vs Pak matches have the highest viewership. Anyone who shows up in those matches is likely to get more attention. 82 at the MCG lifted that image again.

14 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Good for him and his blind fans. They can atleast say that he is the richest cricketer. 

They use his wealth to mock Pak fans, PCB like they are going to get some money out of it. Anyway big thing fans miss is what sort of motivation they will have with that kind of free money. Kohli got out chasing wide ball 3 years ago. Got out chasing wide ball 2 years ago. Got out last year similarly. Got out this year exactly similary this year. He doesn't seem to be fixing it. He continues enjoying this free ride.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

His biggest things that go for him is his performance against Pakistan, apart from odd failures he batted well against them. Generally India vs Pak matches have the highest viewership. Anyone who shows up in those matches is likely to get more attention. 82 at the MCG lifted that image again.

Yes. 

7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thats a chilling post. Agree.

I agree, Kohli is playing into his 40s after your comments. He is physically in excellent condition, arguably better than any Indian in the side. His cricket ability is irrelevant.

SRT with Kohli's form could have played for a few more years, though physically I think his body was spent.

SRT was indeed spent post-tennis elbow, but somehow soldiered on for many years with 50% of his previous potential (still did quite well overall). As for kohli, he has no health issues, so yes, he can play till 40-41

11 hours ago, SRT100 said:

He has a wife and family now, that lead a particular kind of rich lifestyle. This costs money to sustain, not to mention all the power opportunities that come with it.

He is no where near retiring. Being in the spotlight, means more dollars not just for him or his daughter but his grandchildren and their kids.

1000 crores is still too much man. He can try politics to make more

Leave the team :orderorder:

2 hours ago, Lord said:

1000 crores is still too much man. He can try politics to make more

Leave the team :orderorder:

Kohli is more likely to captain India again than to be successful in politics.

Heaven forbid he becomes PM, lol.

We might see many more millions leave India.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

SRT was indeed spent post-tennis elbow, but somehow soldiered on for many years with 50% of his previous potential (still did quite well overall). As for kohli, he has no health issues, so yes, he can play till 40-41

Kohli's elite health and fitness is a concern, he can score around av 30 and he will be in the year till well into his 40s.